Magic Band Shipment Delayed

Help! Despite ordering them more than 10 days ago, our Magic Band + set (that we ordered through Disney Cruise for our Wish sailing) has not arrived (USPS says they aren’t even in our state!) and we go to the airport Thursday morning. We were planning to use them in the parks starting Friday. I am really frustrated that we paid hundreds for our bands and Disney couldn’t be bothered to get them to us in less than a week using a reliable shipping method. Some members of our party don’t have an alternative way to tap into the parks or LLs. Is there anybody I can call to get a second set express shipped to our resort hotel or anything else I can do?

Call DCL. maybe they could have them sent to your hotel or guest services at the park. IDK but it may have happened before and they could have a solution already in place.
It is the holiday season so is it DCL fault it didn't get to you in 10 days?
Maybe it's the shipping entity

Call DCL. maybe they could have them sent to your hotel or guest services at the park. IDK but it may have happened before and they could have a solution already in place.
It is the holiday season so is it DCL fault it didn't get to you in 10 days?
Maybe it's the shipping entity
I guess just call the main DCL number?

I am not saying anyone did anything wrong (could be a fluke) but they definitely shipped them slow freight with multiple contractors as opposed to 2, 3, even 5 day shipping. It appears to have gotten stuck between contractors?

Some members of our party don’t have an alternative way to tap into the parks or LLs.
You can pick up a KTTW card at Guest Services at the parks or your hotel if staying on site. You can also use "my magic mobile" on your smart phone for the park tickets. There are options, but that doesn't make the situation any less frustrating. I'm sorry you have to stress about this before your vacation.

Help! Despite ordering them more than 10 days ago, our Magic Band + set (that we ordered through Disney Cruise for our Wish sailing) has not arrived (USPS says they aren’t even in our state!) and we go to the airport Thursday morning. We were planning to use them in the parks starting Friday. I am really frustrated that we paid hundreds for our bands and Disney couldn’t be bothered to get them to us in less than a week using a reliable shipping method. Some members of our party don’t have an alternative way to tap into the parks or LLs. Is there anybody I can call to get a second set express shipped to our resort hotel or anything else I can do?
It's USPS not DIS. We mailed a Priority 3 day envelope and it got lost at the main PO in the city it was sent to. It got there on the 11th based on USPS tracking and still isn't delivered. Just like several years ago a priority envelope going from FL to IL went to Guam and Hawaii first....:confused3 USPS is the worst, but we've had similar experience with UPS and FEDX.

I live in central Florida. The fulfillment center for the Magic Bands when they first came out was in, central Florida, not sure where they ship from now.

We would order our Magic Bands then we would track them. They would ship in bulk from Florida to Tennessee to a distribution hub, then back to Florida to a regional distribution center, then to a local distribution center, then out for delivery to our house back in central Florida.

Round trip was usually less than a week. At some point they would just started dropping local ones the mail and we got them in a day or two. This of course was back when Disney Magic Bands were free.

Back then if you did not get your Magic Bands in time they always had extras at the front desk of the resort you were checking in at, not sure if they still do.

Check with the hotel you are checking in at. Bring all your receipts showing you paid for them but you did not get them before you left for your vacation.

This is the time of year the shippers are over whelmed with packages. See if Disney can help you get replacements at the resort at no cost. They may not be the exact ones you originally ordered but if they can help at least you will have something.

Good luck and try to have fun maybe they will show up in time.

We would order our Magic Bands then we would track them. They would ship in bulk from Florida to Tennessee to a distribution hub, then back to Florida to a regional distribution center, then to a local distribution center, then out for delivery to our house back in central Florida.
The USPS still operates that way and they wonder why they are losing money. I've had pkgs go from Fl to St. Louis to IN to IL. Absolutely stupid.

you do realize that FedEx and UPS both ship to HUBS then reroute from HUBS. This is a time of the year where almost nothing travels quickly - I am sorry you are having an issue but there are many solutions to your problem.

Thank you all so much for your advice and assistance! Woke up to several updates that my magic bands had left Las Vegas, arrived in my state and local mail distribution facility and would be delivered today. Fingers crossed for some Christmas magic!

(ETA and I’m less stressed about it either way now that I know I can get KTTW cards at BCV tomorrow if necessary!)

In my experience the tracking with MBs is super wonky, like I see they get shipped and leave the state of Florida....and then they just stop being scanned until they hit my post office.
This. I've had lots of USPS packages that looked 'stuck' or lost, and then all of a sudden they showed up in my mailbox. Good to plan ahead, but there's also a chance they could still make it in time.

As PP noted, there is a way to get everyone the ability to use LL, even without the MB+s.

The USPS still operates that way and they wonder why they are losing money. I've had pkgs go from Fl to St. Louis to IN to IL. Absolutely stupid.
Actually, it’s a combination of shipping partners managing to slow things down along the way. For all our Magic Band orders over the past couple of years, Disney has used a company called One Stop Mailing in Davenport, FL. They operate in conjunction with the USPS, similar to UPS SurePost or FedEx SmartPost services. OSM ships to one of their national distribution centers which then forwards to a regional OSM center that usually is in the same or a nearby state as the recipient. Then OSM hands the package off to the USPS system which takes it from their regional center to the appropriate local post office for delivery to the home.

The USPS Informed Delivery shows the shipping progress for our most recent Magic Band+ order. It was shipped via OSM from Davenport, FL (departed 12/7) to a OSM national distribution center in Georgia, then to a OSM local distribution center in a suburb about 10 miles from our location in Illinois (arrived 12/9). They handed the package to the post office three days later (arrived at USPS 12/12). Unfortunately, that was the USPS Chicago Network Distribution Center. It sat there for six day before arriving at the USPS regional facility one town away from us (12/18). Finally, the local PO got the package the same day and delivered it to us the following morning (12/19). Total time from shipment to final delivery: 12 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter