Luna Park Pool - BWV

The clown is a circus theme, not a boardwalk theme. Plus...terrifying.

I am in the minority but I love the new Mickey cartoons, so this is a big win for me. Besides the Boardwalk never impressed me, aside from the actual slide. That was fun (despite the soul eating monster).
Boardwalks of old had a clown presence in many cases.

I agree with what one person posted on Twitter: it looks like a Disney construction wall. Still, I've always hated the clown so I'm happy.

Meh, I’d much rather have a well designed 3D sculpture or whatever you want to call it. I wasn’t opposed to losing the clown but this is just cheap.

Part of me wants to assume that replacing the clown was being looked at by WDW prior to 2020 but because of the shutdown and subsequent losses they scrapped what they had originally planned to replace it with and decided to go with this. But then I thought why would they have even done the change at all since that would be an easy thing to put off for a future time. All I know is from first impression the change doesn't theme "deluxe resort pool" to me.

Part of me wants to assume that replacing the clown was being looked at by WDW prior to 2020 but because of the shutdown and subsequent losses they scrapped what they had originally planned to replace it with and decided to go with this. But then I thought why would they have even done the change at all since that would be an easy thing to put off for a future time. All I know if from first impression the change as is doesn't theme "deluxe resort pool" to me.
The change was approved pre-covid. I don’t know if covid changed anything about it though.

Got a few pics of the slide tonight when we returned to our room from Epcot. It’s not officially open today, but maybe tomorrow we can try it out.
I really love this! Can’t wait to visit our “home” with this updated slide facade.

Meh, I’d much rather have a well designed 3D sculpture or whatever you want to call it. I wasn’t opposed to losing the clown but this is just cheap.

I agree. It's not horrible or anything but I would have preferred to see something sculpted to keep the presence/dimension the clown gave it. It's kind of a billboard now. But I guess easier to change if/when this Mickey style becomes unpopular.

Got a few pics of the slide tonight when we returned to our room from Epcot. It’s not officially open today, but maybe tomorrow we can try it out. View attachment 544558
Oh! This picture looks much more "Boardwalk"-y and less "construction wall"-y than the one I think everyone saw on social media. You can see how big it is and that it does look like the carnival-type walls you might see at like a Coney Island back in the day or something. When I saw that first pic I thought, "I know I hated the clown and didn't stay at the resort because it was so creepy, and my kid would freak out, but I'd rather just not stay there and let other people have a well-themed pool than this." I think I'll withhold judgment til I see it in person.
Also I love the new Mickey cartoons.

Oh! This picture looks much more "Boardwalk"-y and less "construction wall"-y than the one I think everyone saw on social media. You can see how big it is and that it does look like the carnival-type walls you might see at like a Coney Island back in the day or something. When I saw that first pic I thought, "I know I hated the clown and didn't stay at the resort because it was so creepy, and my kid would freak out, but I'd rather just not stay there and let other people have a well-themed pool than this." I think I'll withhold judgment til I see it in person.
Also I love the new Mickey cartoons.
Maybe @aggieamp can get a picture of the slide with the rest of the pool for us. I think that the gold finials will tie in with the rest of the pool and make it fit in better.

I've seen some people say they would have preferred a giant Mickey with a mouth open. Honestly that sounds creepy too.

I think they just tried to avoid the creepy angle completely.

BTW: the coffee mug they were selling in February was themed that Mickey art style from the TV series. It makes me think that the slide frontage IP change was well planned long ago.

Attachments

• D4C5A7E1-E8CD-4DE7-89B7-2BA1BAA59C3E.jpeg
    D4C5A7E1-E8CD-4DE7-89B7-2BA1BAA59C3E.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 37
  • FA63342F-4EE8-4C5A-872A-B06C11288642.jpeg
    FA63342F-4EE8-4C5A-872A-B06C11288642.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 37
I have that mug. Boardwalk is my home and I like the new Mickey design so it's my favorite new mug!! I can't wait to go back. I do want to see a picture of the new design with the whole pool area included. It could look great.....hoping it looks great.

I love the Mickey shorts & think the new pool design is really cute! Hoping to stay at BWV in 2022...we have postponed our May 2020 trip 3 times now! The kids are getting older so scheduling around school & activities is getting harder!

Like you can at least sorta see the kids walk across the bridge to the slide.

It was in full use yesterday and even today, when air temperature was high 60s. It’s still the same great slide!

The clown is a circus theme, not a boardwalk theme. Plus...terrifying.

I am in the minority but I love the new Mickey cartoons, so this is a big win for me. Besides the Boardwalk never impressed me, aside from the actual slide. That was fun (despite the soul eating monster).

Big improvement!

They could have went with an actual feature piece instead of a billboard that you could get at your local print shop.

Boardwalk pool is squarely last at Disney now I would suspect. Can anyone name a worse main pool area for theming in the DVC/Deluxe tier? What about across moderate and value as well?

All Star Movies for reference:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter