Lounges on Thanksgiving Day

calitook

Mouseketeer
Arrival day is Thanksgiving and I have MK as park res for that day. I'm considering not doing any ADRs for that day and just doing a monorail hop for a sort of progressive dinner at some lounges and to see Christmas decor at the monorail resorts. It's just husband and me, and we don't care so much about having a traditional "Thanksgiving" meal- we'll probably do an early Thanksgiving the weekend before. My thoughts are that most people ARE going to want sit-down family meals that day, and maybe the lounges won't be too bad, even though it is going to be a super busy time in general. I guess I'm basically just looking for affirmation that this idea isn't completely bonkers. 🤷‍♀️

My hesitation would be wondering what you'll end up with and the lounges are also busy because of the holiday. If you'd be OK with quick service, then give it a go.

I don't think it's bonkers. I would just try to be flexible and also, as PP noted, grab QS if need be if the lounges are crowded. If you are interested in Trader Sam's, if you can, get there at 2 pm so you have the best chance of getting in. Otherwise, you have a ton of choices on the monorail line and could even boat over to WL and/or Ft. W for more choices. I don't think it's a bad idea at all - just know resorts, monorails, boats, will all be crowded.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't even thinking about the transportation itself being crowded, but that's obvious now! We're fine with QS if it comes down to it and I don't think we'll try for Trader Sam's. I'm good with the Tambu Lounge on that stop!

My hesitation would be wondering what you'll end up with and the lounges are also busy because of the holiday. If you'd be OK with quick service, then give it a go.
We arrive on Thanksgiving day and are staying off site but can’t get in before 4pm. I’m worried we won’t find anyplace to get even simple things like water, coffee etc. hubby says we will be fine dining in the lounge since we splurged for First Class. i was wondering if the lounge would be open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter