• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lost our MSEP FastPass

It happened with my parade fastpasses for October too. I called, they took my info and told me that they will get back to me. Then I noticed that parade fastpasses became available and rebooked them. Now I am pretty sure that parade fastpasses will be horrifically overbooked. If they give many people who called "golden" fastpasses that can be used for parade, plus regular parade fastpasses that will be booked solid by other guests very soon, we can end up with twice the capacity of parade fastpass area booked.

I also got switched to laugh floor when the canceled my MSEP for 10/30. I changed it to POTC, but just not as exciting as MSEP! :(

the parade are available again. so you should check your mde account
Did you call, and POTC was the best they could offer you? Definitely check and see whether the parade is available again, and if it's not call Disney and see if they can get the parade back for you. It's so crazy that this has happened to so many people. I'm hoping that this glitch won't mean that parade viewing is overcrowded because of the special FP+ reservations they've had to create to fix the error.

Grrrr we had FP for FoF on 10/23. It's what we based the whole rest of the day on. I got the same email as all of you yesterday saying we had been switched to the meet and greet with Mickey which we are already doing earlier in the week. I suppose I could still go and just watch the parade but with two little kids I was looking forward to being in the FP area. :mad:

Grrrr we had FP for FoF on 10/23. It's what we based the whole rest of the day on. I got the same email as all of you yesterday saying we had been switched to the meet and greet with Mickey which we are already doing earlier in the week. I suppose I could still go and just watch the parade but with two little kids I was looking forward to being in the FP area. :mad:

If you call Disney, they will put it back for you. I had to call three times and wait on hold for varying lengths of time for each call, but they eventually made it right. Very annoying, and really ridiculous that they don't have better control of their IT system.

If you call Disney, they will put it back for you. I had to call three times and wait on hold for varying lengths of time for each call, but they eventually made it right. Very annoying, and really ridiculous that they don't have better control of their IT system.
No kidding!!! I ended up adding back my MSEP FP myself. I went online shortly after i got the email indicating it was cancelled....I noticed the MSEP FP was available again, so i added it! I did call them prior to adding the FP myself BUT I figured its better if I just do it myself since its available. :) problem solved.

No kidding!!! I ended up adding back my MSEP FP myself. I went online shortly after i got the email indicating it was cancelled....I noticed the MSEP FP was available again, so i added it! I did call them prior to adding the FP myself BUT I figured its better if I just do it myself since its available. :) problem solved.

I tried it myself first but it wasn't (and still isn't) showing up for our date. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am that I had to spend 20 minutes on hold while they gave me a "golden" fast pass for the parade. Some people ended up with the "golden" in addition to their regular 3. So that at least makes up for their time spent correcting the problem. I only have 2 regular FP and my "golden". Oh well.

I called for a 2nd time today and was given a "golden" fast pass for the FoF parade on 11/3/15. I now have 4 fast passes for that day, so I can switch the Meet Mickey FP that gave me if I want.
The CM said the glitch was caused by there now being 2 different viewing areas for the parades and the system didn't know how to handle the change.

I really hope the viewing areas are not overcrowded now!

Anyone know where the two viewing areas may be located?

After reading this thread I wonder if allowing guests to plan FPs 60 days in advance will work for Disney in the long term. I never thought about the possibility of unforeseen schedule changes or closures happening in that time frame but I guess it does happen. Personally I think 60 days out is too early and I don't like that it forces everyone to plan two months in advance so they don't get stuck with horrible FPs later on

Poor CMs must be having a really hard time ever since the testing period for FP+ ended.

I received the email about the FoF parade for 10/25. I have checked multiple times to see if it is available again online and it is not. After reading this thread I will be calling Disney this weekend to see about getting it added back on. They also gave me Meeting Mickey for that timeframe.

I don't see how the FP+ parade area will *not* be overbooked.
  • The system cancelled our FP+, but then put them back into the system for anyone to grab (as evidenced by the fact that some of us were able to re-grab them).
  • Those that originally had a FP+ and were unable to re-grab them means someone else grabbed their original FP+ when it was suddenly made available online.
  • With the Golden FP+ being issued, yes, that would mean that there will be more people in those areas, since these Golden ones are in addition to the ones that were distributed online.
  • Unlike the regular FP+, the Golden one can be used for either parade, so those that lost the later parade can now effectively use it for the first one.
Our FP+ is for Oct 11. I would be curious for those going in the next week, if you find the parade FP+ spot more crowded.

Here we go again, back on page 1 I had posted that my FoF FP+ had been canceled and an Anytime FP+ was now in MDE for me. I could choose from:

Experiences
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
Dumbo the Flying Elephant®
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater

I saw that FoF was still able to be selected on MDE and since I already had I an A&E FP+ I decided to change that to FoF and use the Anytime FP+ for A&E.

Well, I looked tonight and the FoF FP+ I had booked then has been replaced by an Anytime FP+ that's only good for FoF. It doesn't list a viewing area whereas when I booked it a viewing area was listed. And, last time I received an email about the change. This time I didn't.

Strange happenings.

I also had this disaster for my 11/21 MSEP, and was also given the Golden FP that could be used only for MSEP. The one additional pieces of info I can provide is that the CM I spoke to said it was done bc they'd added a second MSEP for that night and changed the times, which is why this glitch happened. I told her that the calendar was still showing only one MSEP that night, and she double checked, confirming that there will be two. Now the funny thing is that on the desktop MDE, when I would click through to the MSEP attractions page, and select my date on the calendar, the first thing that would pop up would be an 8 pm and 10 pm viewing time. But almost instantly this little "refreshing" icon would appear, and would change to just 9 pm again.​

I suspect that internally their calendars have changed, but simply haven't been released.

Btw: my MSEP "Golden" FP does not show up on my MDE app. Only on the regular website.

I just noticed today that in MDE on both desktop and iphone, I now have the Golden FP+ available but it is flagged for FoF which is what I originally wanted. The parade is also available to change one of my other FP+ too. My question is if I change one of my other 3 FP+ to the parade, can I then use the Golden one for 7DMT even though it appears to be tied to the FoF Parade?

Has anyone had any luck using a "Golden" FP+ for any attraction? Mine says "Choice of Experience" at the top, then only lists the FoF Parade down lower. I would rather use it for 7DMT.

Has anyone been to any of these parades that had the issue? I'm wondering if the FP+ area was more crowded with all the golden fast passes handed out.

We had a MSEP FP+ for oct 11 which was one of the dates that a second MSEP parade was added and it kicked everyone out of their FP. I actually went back online and re grabbed the FP+, so I never called in and never received a golden FP, but others did.

Due to this, I was very concerned about crowds, but I was so pleasantly surprised to find a completely uncrowded MSEP FP area. We had front row seats and room to stretch out. This was my favorite FP of all.

I also had a a Wishes FP, and that was a completely different experience. It was very crowded, and it was hard to see Celebrate the Magic.

We had a MSEP FP+ for oct 11 which was one of the dates that a second MSEP parade was added and it kicked everyone out of their FP. I actually went back online and re grabbed the FP+, so I never called in and never received a golden FP, but others did.

Due to this, I was very concerned about crowds, but I was so pleasantly surprised to find a completely uncrowded MSEP FP area. We had front row seats and room to stretch out. This was my favorite FP of all.

I also had a a Wishes FP, and that was a completely different experience. It was very crowded, and it was hard to see Celebrate the Magic.

I posted a question in another thread, but I think you could answer it - Since you had a FP to both MSEP and Wishes, which parade did you go to? We have the "golden" for MSEP and a regular FP for Wishes. I'd like to hit the first parade so we can leave earlier. Is it a problem getting from the parade area to the Wishes area on time? Which side did you do on Wishes? Were both sides packed? Thanks so much!

I posted a question in another thread, but I think you could answer it - Since you had a FP to both MSEP and Wishes, which parade did you go to? We have the "golden" for MSEP and a regular FP for Wishes. I'd like to hit the first parade so we can leave earlier. Is it a problem getting from the parade area to the Wishes area on time? Which side did you do on Wishes? Were both sides packed? Thanks so much!
We did the first parade because I was concerned about kids stamina, but we were walking out right before the second parade and that one was much less crowded and would have been easier (and the kids lasted that long). We simply followed the parade until we got to the Wishes area. We got to the Wishes area with plenty of time. We got early enough that there was plenty of space when we got there (I don't know if the other area would have been as packed). Many showed up right at 9:45, when Celebrate the Magic was about to start.

Edit to add we were on the right side, as that is the side we walked behind the parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter