• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lost our MSEP FastPass

wishesUT

Mouseketeer
This morning I received the following email from Disney:

"We're sorry, your previously confirmed FastPass+ selection for Main Street Electrical Parade from 8:30 PM to 8:50 PM on 11/21/2015 is no longer available due to an unexpected change in the operating schedule.

As a replacement, you may now visit any one of the following FastPass+ experiences on 11/21/2015, anytime after 9:00 AM through end of day. (Valid Theme Park admission is required and your FastPass+ selection can only be redeemed during normal Theme Park operating hours excluding Extra Magic Hours):

Experiences
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
"it's a small world"®
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Jungle Cruise®
Mickey's PhilharMagic®
Haunted Mansion®
Pirates of the Caribbean®
There is no action needed to select the experience in advance. During the designated day and time, just arrive at the FastPass+entrance to one of the experiences above and touch your MagicBand to enter!"

It looks like they changed the time of the parade and fireworks that night. We had FastPasses for both (not an easy feat with a group of 18). Is there a reason why the FastPass wasn't just updated with the new time? It looks like that's what they did with our Wishes FastPass.

60 days from today is 11/17 (roughly). Their vacation might start before 11/17 and run well past 11/21.

OOPs I just looked at the date. I was thinking glitch and then they dumped the FP. I always forget to add the 10 days out.

Our vacation starts on the 13th and we're staying for 9 nights. We're coming from Utah and Idaho, so we try and make the stay worth it.
It looks like 10 people in our party were given new FastPasses for parade that now starts at 9 instead of 8. That means that 8 of us were booted from the parade and given this other option.
Back to the phones I will go. Planning this trip has been a nightmare. We've spent hours on the phone trying to get all 18 people to show up on each other's accounts, and a kind cast member spent hours off the phone as well trying to fix everything. When our window to book FastPasses opened up we had four people on four computers working for two hours to get us all FastPasses that somewhat aligned. I planned a couple of European vacations with friends and family before I was married that were simpler to plan than this WDW trip has been. It's a headache with a large group.

I received the same email for MSEP on 11/3. I went to My Disney Experience and those rides are my only option - with no way to cancel and select another for a headliner. Very disappointed!! I'm wondering if MSEP has been cancelled the whole week? I was really looking forward to the reserved seating and not fighting the crowds for a space. We have 3 days planned at MK over the week and one day I know is a MNSSHP day....

Our vacation starts on the 13th and we're staying for 9 nights. We're coming from Utah and Idaho, so we try and make the stay worth it.
It looks like 10 people in our party were given new FastPasses for parade that now starts at 9 instead of 8. That means that 8 of us were booted from the parade and given this other option.
Back to the phones I will go. Planning this trip has been a nightmare. We've spent hours on the phone trying to get all 18 people to show up on each other's accounts, and a kind cast member spent hours off the phone as well trying to fix everything. When our window to book FastPasses opened up we had four people on four computers working for two hours to get us all FastPasses that somewhat aligned. I planned a couple of European vacations with friends and family before I was married that were simpler to plan than this WDW trip has been. It's a headache with a large group.

Wow 18 people! I'll admit the problems you described is why we decided to move the bachelor bachelorette party we originally planed for WDW to Vegas. It was going to be way too much hassle to plan everything for 10 people and then people wanted to take their spouses and significant others since it was to Disney (we are all massive Disney fans) and not Vegas.

same thing here for november 3.. got same email for festival of fantasy also..I'M really frustrated and sure gonna call Disney about it

Just got off the phone with Disney. They gave me my 3rd fastpass back so that I can make it whatever I want, but also left the "complimentary" 4th one that I can use at anytime at those select attractiions (Little Mermaid, Small World, Pirates, etc.)

I have the email for FoF on 11/1 but I checked http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236 and they're still showing availability. I thought about changing another selection to it and it doesn't show up as an option on MDE.

ETA: My email says I can choose from -
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
Dumbo the Flying Elephant®
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater

I had the same thing happen for Nov 14; also have wishes that night, but no changes to that. Plan on leaving it for a bit before I call to complain, as I would have chosen a much better ride to use my FP on if I wasn't using it for MSEP. Not happy. Just got back from a trip, that included the way over crowded first MNSSHP.

I have the email for FoF on 11/1 but I checked http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236 and they're still showing availability. I thought about changing another selection to it and it doesn't show up as an option on MDE.

ETA: My email says I can choose from -
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
Dumbo the Flying Elephant®
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater

Wow, they gave you Anna and Elsa as an option?? That's a big score!

I just went in to rebook my 3rd fastpass and MSEP still shows up as an option - I just rebooked it for the same night and time so we will see what happens....

So if that's the case and MSEP is still available, I guess I should be happy that I just got a 4th fastpass given to us? :D

Just got off the phone with Disney. They gave me my 3rd fastpass back so that I can make it whatever I want, but also left the "complimentary" 4th one that I can use at anytime at those select attractiions (Little Mermaid, Small World, Pirates, etc.)

Jenna, who did you talk to? Tech support or guest services? I just got off the phone with tech, and they weren't able to fix a darn thing.

Jenna, who did you talk to? Tech support or guest services? I just got off the phone with tech, and they weren't able to fix a darn thing.

I called (407)939-4357. They are listed as the contact number for fastpass issues on WDW's website.

I received this one a while ago:

We're sorry, your previously confirmed FastPass+ selection for Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade from 2:45 PM to 3:12 PM on 11/17/2015 is no longer available due to an unexpected change in the operating schedule.

As a replacement, we have made a new selection for you at Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade from 2:45 PM to 3:05 PM on 11/17/2015.

Wonder what's going on....

Odd time that it had anyway...3:12

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter