lost FOP fp

mommabo

Mouseketeer
This weekend I grabbed most of my desired FP for an upcoming trip. I was spending time today modifying the times to fit our touring plans. As I modified FOP from early in the day to late afternoon, it appears I accidentally changed to Na’vi. Now mind you, I was being very careful and I truly don’t think I did this, but clearly the change was made. I understand the answer will likely be that I made a mistake and did indeed make this change, but there is a niggling part in my brain wondering if it could be a glitch on Disney’s IT side? As I said, I know the likely response will be I must have brain farted and did this myself, but just wondering if anybody else has had this experience? I am so monumentally frustrated right now.

I suppose I just made a family of 4 looking for FOP very happy.

I feel so ridiculous being so bothered by this, but I could just kick myself right now!

Try contacting Disney guest services and explain the issue. Yeah, maybe the best thing they'll say is too bad, but maybe they'll be willing to help you out. Just don't act entitled - ask don't demand - and who knows! There was an issue on my account last year and my sister lost her FoP FP. I contacted Disney and the IT guy gave her an anytime FoP FP for that day.

Try contacting Disney guest services and explain the issue. Yeah, maybe the best thing they'll say is too bad, but maybe they'll be willing to help you out. Just don't act entitled - ask don't demand - and who knows! There was an issue on my account last year and my sister lost her FoP FP. I contacted Disney and the IT guy gave her an anytime FoP FP for that day.

My daughter suggested I call, I was feeling defeated and figured the answer would be no. I suppose a call wouldn’t hurt. Very hat in hand, looks like I goofed attitude and see what they say.

So probably an obvious question, do I call guest services or IT? Basically anyone have a number I call?

My daughter suggested I call, I was feeling defeated and figured the answer would be no. I suppose a call wouldn’t hurt. Very hat in hand, looks like I goofed attitude and see what they say.

So probably an obvious question, do I call guest services or IT? Basically anyone have a number I call?
I think I emailed first, then they either called me a couple days later or gave me a phone number to call to avoid the endless phone tree prompts.

The more I think about this, I honestly don’t think I made this change. I would have had to scroll down to pick a different attraction (Na’vi). I simply hit modify, then FOP times came up, I picked a time and hit confirm. There was no scrolling to a different ride. I realize that either way it probably doesn’t matter, it’s now changed to Na’vi. I wonder if I contact IT they might be able to see if an unchosen Na’vi was substituted for for FOP? I’m not a a tech person, I don’t know if it’s possible to check this sort of thing.

Lesley, thanks for the email suggestion. Perhaps an email or call to IT is in order? So is there a specific email or number to IT?

Na’vi is a tier 1 ride. So if there were times available it would appear at the top of the screen along with anything for FOP. There would not have been any scrolling to get to it.

So if I was searching for better times for FOP and there were no other times available, then Na’vi being a tier 1 would pop to the top of the list as an option?

This weekend I grabbed most of my desired FP for an upcoming trip. I was spending time today modifying the times to fit our touring plans. As I modified FOP from early in the day to late afternoon, it appears I accidentally changed to Na’vi. Now mind you, I was being very careful and I truly don’t think I did this, but clearly the change was made. I understand the answer will likely be that I made a mistake and did indeed make this change, but there is a niggling part in my brain wondering if it could be a glitch on Disney’s IT side? As I said, I know the likely response will be I must have brain farted and did this myself, but just wondering if anybody else has had this experience? I am so monumentally frustrated right now.

I suppose I just made a family of 4 looking for FOP very happy.

I feel so ridiculous being so bothered by this, but I could just kick myself right now!

I went to bed with FoP and woke up without it.
There was actually nothing there to replace it.
We were heading to AK so we went straight to GR.
They were rude and told me I must have deleted it.
He was "looking" at his device, looked at me with my phone in hand
and says "Oh I see here an iPhone deleted it."
DO I LOOK STUPID?

Was frustrating, they were of ZERO help ... rather very insulting.
We did not get our FP back.

I wouldn't call, your best people to get to will call you after an email.

AND don't give up Navi', it puts you in the right tier, just keep hunting and refreshing at all different times of day.
Even look for one or two and see if you can gather enough overlapping.

So if I was searching for better times for FOP and there were no other times available, then Na’vi being a tier 1 would pop to the top of the list as an option?

If there were no times for FOP, it would immediately show you the other tier 1 rides which at AK is Na’vi. It does that for all the parks. It’s easy to make a mistake when modifying. I’ve done it numerous times to myself.

Well, nuts! Although now I understand how it likely happened, it still doesn’t change the final outcome, I do however very much appreciate the explanation. Guess I’ll be stalking MDE for the next 60 days hoping something pops open. I wasn’t able to 7DMT or BOG for our MK day so I was going to be stalking anyway, I suppose I’ll add FOP to the list. Boy do I miss Maxpass, I love that system!

While still somewhat annoyed with myself for such a careless mistake, I’ve managed to embrace a better attitude. Like I said, I feel ridiculous for having let this bother me so much. Thank you for all the help.

DO I LOOK STUPID?

We did not get our FP back.

I wouldn't call, your best people to get to will call you after an email.

AND don't give up Navi', it puts you in the right tier, just keep hunting and refreshing at all different times of day.
Even look for one or two and see if you can gather enough overlapping.

Oh my goodness, talk about infuriating. It’s enough that it happened, no need rub salt in the wound.

I suppose I could email, but after the explanations about Na’vi popping to the top of the list if no FOP times were available, I feel less certain that it wasn’t my mistake. The pictures are so vastly different I think I would have noticed, but I can’t say for sure.

I for sure won’t give up Na’vi. My daughter and I don’t mind riding it (but would greatly prefer FOP). My husband and son, well let’s just say there is no interest there, so those will be the first 2 I try to change.

My daughter has offered to help me stalk MDE so maybe between the 2 of us we will find something. I do appreciate having the people here who understand and offer explanations. When I told my husband, he simply asked if I can fix it, like changing your order at a restaurant:)

If disney changed it they would sent you an email thats conected to your my disney experience telling you they have changed it and what they changed it to. They did this to me, i phoned I.T and explained that the ride they cancelled still had lots of times available but system wouldnt let me change it back. I ended up with two anytime fp one for the ride they cancelled and one for the ride they changed it to, so 4 fp for that day. Sounds like you may get more help from I.T then waiting till you get to the park. This is their number 4079397765

If there were no times for FOP, it would immediately show you the other tier 1 rides which at AK is Na’vi. It does that for all the parks. It’s easy to make a mistake when modifying. I’ve done it numerous times to myself.

Bree I appreciate the explanation. I will be sure to be very careful with future modifications. Hopefully it won’t happen to either of us in the future.

If disney changed it they would sent you an email thats conected to your my disney experience telling you they have changed it and what they changed it to. They did this to me, i phoned I.T and explained that the ride they cancelled still had lots of times available but system wouldnt let me change it back. I ended up with two anytime fp one for the ride they cancelled and one for the ride they changed it to, so 4 fp for that day. Sounds like you may get more help from I.T then waiting till you get to the park. This is their number 4079397765

Thank you for the number. I’m not certain anymore that I didn’t do this myself, but it’s nice to have the number in case something else IT related pops up.

No prob. Even if you did do it it yourself may still be worth a call to see if they will reverse it and get back your original FOP FP . pixiedust:

Bree I appreciate the explanation. I will be sure to be very careful with future modifications. Hopefully it won’t happen to either of us in the future.

I don’t know if IT can help, but I guess try calling. I tend to sit and play the refresh game when I’m watching tv. I’m local so can only book 30 days in advance so all the good rides are usually gone. I’ve been very lucky when hitting refresh over and over during tv/movie time.

I'm planning a trip for my friend's family and I accidentally deleted 4 Slinky Dog Fastpasses. The fastpasses were late in the day, so I was trying to change them for an earlier time. I must have been distracted, and instead of hitting modify, I must have hit delete. By the time I realized what I had done, the fastpasses were gone. I wanted to cry...I felt so bad. It literally took me 11 days to get another Slinky FP for them, but I would not give up and ended up getting a great time. Ever since then, I'm so paranoid that I'm going to mess up my fastpasses or one of my friends who have plans that are on my account. So...I feel your pain. I hope you end up getting them back somehow.

DO I LOOK STUPID?

We did not get our FP back

That's been my typical guest services experience the couple of times I've asked for something (like being locked out of fantasmic way before the time we're even supposed to show up when paying extra for the dining package...really nice service there as well.)

Your best bet is to call. There's usually someone on the phone that can set those type of things straight. The guest relations people in the park are mostly college program kids who can't really do anything for you. Fortunately, we pay extra for that guest experience...... And an "experience" it often is.

Just an update. About a week or so after my unintentional deletion of 4 FOP FP, I was on MDE trying to fix my mistake. I was absentmindedly hitting refresh without any expectation, when I thought my eyes deceived me. There they were, 2 FOP FPs. To say I was thrilled is an understatement. I grabbed them right up. I was about to text daughter and share the news when it occurred to me, why not try for the other 2? Lightening struck again and there were the other 2. Now there are 6 of us total, we all have FP, but at different times. So now I spend my time trying to adjust times, but at least I have them. Thank you to everyone who lent a sympathetic ear and helpful suggestions.

Meanwhile today, I see MDE acting up again and only showing FPs for 1 out of 6 people. It’s done this to me before and a couple of hours later fixed itself. I’m keeping fingers crossed it will correct itself again this time. I suspect this happens more than we realize as most people probably don’t spend as much time on MDE once their initial plans are set, it’s just my desire to get FP Times together that has me being such a repeat visitor. Off to distract myself with chores so as not to work myself into worries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter