Losing weight for Mickey

Turkey,

I am thinking about doing Turbo Jam, which is a dance sort of a thing. For me, it really is fun, and makes me feel good. I think the key is to find something that you like (I also walk with my headphones on when I want to tune out the world). Good Luck!

I have tried zumba before but im not coordinated at all so I stopped after my third attempt or so. I live on a busy street that does not have sidewalks so I'd have to drive somewhere in order to take a walk. I did try walking on a bike path in a neighboring town a couple of years ago. I could try that again. Id like to find something that I enjoy but its tough.

Surprise trip for the kids and taking grandpa along! Got pregnant in September and lost baby in December. Somehow managed to gain 25 pounds in just 21 weeks of pregnancy. Already was 20 pounds overweight at that time so 45 pounds to lose by September!

Diet: Weight Watchers
Starting Weight: 209
Goal: 165
Exercise: 5 days a week on the elliptical
Current Weight: 203 2 weeks in!!!

Anyone have any good weight lifting plans? I need to add muscle but have no idea how to start. I have some hand weights and my husband has a bench with bar.

Thanks!!!

I've been trying to lose weight for a couple of years now without much luck. We're heading to WDW at the end of this month, and about a month ago I started to panic thinking I wouldn't be in shape to walk at Disney.

I discovered a great walking DVD that you can do at home...I haven't read this whole thread so if this has been mentioned before I apologize. The DVD is by Leslie Sansone and the one that I have is a 4 mile walk. What's great is that you can customize it by doing 1, 2, or 3 miles to start off. When I started out I couldn't make it to mile 1, now I'm fairly easily doing 4 miles, and just purchased her 5 Mega Miles DVD.

I just wanted to suggest this to anyone that needs to get in walking shape fast, the best part of this is that there aren't complicated moves at all so it's an easy way to get started on a fitness plan. Hope this helps someone as it has really worked for me!

I started losing weight the beginning of last November. I was on a diet of meat and veggies and just wanted to get to my goal size by my June vacation. We'll I ended up meeting my goal size in March and ended up losing about 30 pounds in those 5 months or so. A few people have asked me if I was going to try to lose more weight since they thought I was small enough. Honestly my legs are the only small thing about me because of my apple figure. This donut that's still hanging out around my waist needs to go. I did start adding a fruit or potato to one of my meals a day so that the weight loss process stops. Exercise is something that I desperately need to start. I just hate doing it because I'm a couch potato. What motivates you to exercise? Every time I try to start a exercise routine I stop after day two or so. Heck right now I could be exercising but instead I'm cruising the dis. Even though I lost a lot of the fat my muscles are the farthest thing from tone. I really need some exercise motivation tips. Just telling myself I need to do it doesn't work.

I've struggled for years. This is my longest stretch of dedicated fitness, 4.5 months. I started when I was feeling and looking my worst ever. That motivation carried me for a couple of weeks as per my usual cycle. I stared watching Downton Abbey when I first started running. I was hooked and only allowed myself to watch it when I ran. Well that got me through 2.5/3 months. Now it's habit. I hate it still. Really hate exercising. But it's not hard like it used to be. I regularly run 3.5 miles 4-5 days a week. The tv is what gets me through workout. If it's a good show I'm distracted enough that I don't focus too much on how hard it is. Running outside doesn't work for me because I get easily bored and quite frankly, intimidated by what passersby might be saying about me. Luckily we have a treadmill. But that could work at a gym too. When we were in disney I brought my ipad to the gym with my headphones.

The motivator now is seeing and feeling the change in my body. I've only lost 6 lbs but I'm down an entire dress/pants size (it is hard not to focus on the scale though). I realized in the first 3 weeks that I don't have the psychological strength to eat perfectly and exercise. So I eat what I want and binge a day or two a week and don't run on weekend. I know that I will never be able to not eat crap. Even if I lost weight I'd go right back to my old eating habits when I reached my goal. The lifestyle change I had to make was running. What's 45 min out of my day during nap time? It's hard but you have to mentally want it and be able to shut out the voices telling you not to and to just make yourself do it. Hugs from a fellow couch potato!

Me: Male, will be 40 in October. 209 5ft -11.

Not out of shape but my belly is bigger then I like. I play ice hockey about 1-2x a week. But I developed asthma a few years ago that has held me back from any real excercise. I just got real serious with it and began regular allergy injections 3 mos ago.

Joined a cross fit gym about a month ago on a Groupon special. Really digging it so far. Pushing me really hard to do things I never thought I could do.

Also, the gym participates in the "whole life challenge" that started last week. It's an 8 week lifestyle challenge that is Paleo based and has weekly challenges like learning to meditate and drinking plenty of water. So far I'm doing ok.

The 8 weeks ends just before our Dis trip, so it's a good distraction from the waiting and will be done before I know it.

Joining the thread...

I am 42 and close to 250. (5'7")
My goal for the next 6 months is to drop between 25-50 lbs. I am going to lose weight for me & Mickey!

I am cutting out dinners out except maybe once a month - saving that for Disney! Am going back to 6 small meals a day. I really did good before and dropped 15 lbs within 4 weeks.

Anyone in NC want to pm me? We can be weight loss buddies together! :)

Keep it up guys! I lost 45 lbs last year for our vacation. It was the first time in more than 13 years I didn't feel self-conscious in a swimsuit or shorts. This year I'm trying to maintain for our trip in September. I continue to do weight watchers, but I don't attend meetings as frequently as I did when I was losing. I started running a year ago in the middle of my weight loss journey. That has been what works for me. A year ago, I could barely run for 60 seconds as part of the c25k program. I'm training for a half marathon now. You all can do it!!

Just wanted to give everyone some encouragement!!

Jumping in

Name: Emily
Diet: low carb/high protein/real food
Start Date: Today
Start Weight: 138- the rest of the baby weight
Goal: 115

Jumping in for some additional motivation for my Sept trip.

Name: Erin
Diet: nothing too specific (low-fat, lots of veggies and less carbs) mostly fish/tofu instead of meats (dietary preference)
Exercise: 6 days a week; 30-40 mins Arc Trainer & 15-20 mins weights alternatingdays bewteern Abs & arms/legs
Start Date: June 1
Goal 1: 125 (lose 7 lbs) by July 15
Goal 2: flat tummy, defined arms and slimmer thighs by Sept 1
Current Weight :133

Good luck to everyone!

Time for me to get back on board. I've had a non-productive year

I am running/walking with my daughter 5-6 times a week, and I've created myself a 30 day challenge that includes ab, leg, and arm workouts.

Name: Kimberly
Diet:
  • Less carbs and sugar
  • No soda (already eliminated)
  • Slowly decrease daily calories using MyFitnessPal (krsloane)
  • 1-2 Meal replacement shakes a day most days
  • MORE water!!
Exercise:
  • Self Created 30 Day Challenge for abs, legs, and arms 7 days a week
  • Run/Walk Interval training 5-6 days a week.
Start Date: June 1
Current Weight: 184.5
1st Goal: June 30 - 174.5

I'm back on this for my next trip to the world in a few months. As of today I hit 13.7 kilos lost (30.2 pounds) in my weight loss journey.
I've been stuck for about a year after having surgery to remove my gall bladder, but finally at a new lowest weight! Going to keep going maybe another 5-10 pounds.

I'm back on as well. Actually typing this on the treadmill at work. Let's hope I can loose some weight for Oct 2015 when I take my Girl Scouts to Disney!

Me: Male, will be 40 in October. 209 5ft -11.

Not out of shape but my belly is bigger then I like. I play ice hockey about 1-2x a week. But I developed asthma a few years ago that has held me back from any real excercise. I just got real serious with it and began regular allergy injections 3 mos ago.

Joined a cross fit gym about a month ago on a Groupon special. Really digging it so far. Pushing me really hard to do things I never thought I could do.

Also, the gym participates in the "whole life challenge" that started last week. It's an 8 week lifestyle challenge that is Paleo based and has weekly challenges like learning to meditate and drinking plenty of water. So far I'm doing ok.

The 8 weeks ends just before our Dis trip, so it's a good distraction from the waiting and will be done before I know it.

Hi all, we are just under 3 weeks away from our trip and I am so happy to say that I have lost over 20 lbs (22 as of this am)! I never started out with a target weight, just wanted to look and feel 'better.' And while I could lose a bit more, I am ecstatic at the progress made. I think I could hit 185 by trip time.

The Whole Life Challenge was a godsend and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to change their health lifestyle. There is a new session starting in September if anyone is interested—I can't recommend it enough and also say look to join with a group b/c the support shown within our team was very needed at times.

I am running every other day or so, logging in about 2.5 miles. I've never been a runner and with my asthma it was always a barrier. But I got serious with my allergies and begun regular allergy shots and with the regular exercise my world has changed. My new running shoes shipped yesterday, I can't believe I'm actually excited for those :) lol.

I am also at the Crossfit gym roughly 3x a week. Love the workouts there. When I couldn't make it, I would pop in a T25 disk or went out to back and did box jumps and pushups on the deck.

But above all, I dont think I would have seen anywhere near the amount of weight loss without completely changing my diet. The WLC is based on a complete Paleo diet. Luckily they have 3 levels from beginner (less strict) to advanced (very strict). But overall it was no sugar, no bread/carbs/processed wheat and no dairy. All items that most likely contributed to my asthma.

As someone who in 40 years has never dieted or walked in a gym, I am now a convert and integrated it into my lifestyle. I cant wait to be one of those people who does a nice AM run at Disney.

Good luck to everyone who is trying. It is sooooo worth it!!

Edit to add:
I recommend getting a fitness tracker. I bought a FitBit One and love it. It is like I get to keep score on myself. It's amazing to look back at the reports and see what days I was most active vs not, and how many steps I am taking in an average day. Now I try and reach my goal (10k steps) earlier and earlier.

Also, for runners, MapMyRun is a great app too.

Time for me to get back on board. I've had a non-productive year I am running/walking with my daughter 5-6 times a week, and I've created myself a 30 day challenge that includes ab, leg, and arm workouts. Name: Kimberly Age: 34 Diet: [*]Less carbs and sugar [*]No soda (already eliminated) [*]Slowly decrease daily calories using MyFitnessPal (krsloane) [*]1-2 Meal replacement shakes a day most days [*]MORE water!! Exercise: [*]Self Created 30 Day Challenge for abs, legs, and arms 7 days a week [*]Run/Walk Interval training 5-6 days a week. Start Date: June 1 Current Weight: 184.5 1st Goal: June 30 - 174.5

Good luck!!!
Replacing the majority if your drinking with water is key. We had to drink 1/2 our body weight in oz a day. Since then I have completely cut out coffee and replaced all drinks with water. I cut up a lime and drop it in my tumbler and carry it around with me all day.

Also for your ab workout...have you seen the 30-day ab challenge floating around Facebook? It was for June but there is no reason you can't adopt the workout into any 30 day period.

Cut your sugar--out, completely. Plan and simple. I dropped 10lbs in a hurry as soon as I did that.

glvsav37 said:
Cut your sugar--out, completely. Plan and simple. I dropped 10lbs in a hurry as soon as I did that.

Ok the water i am drinking, but hiw did you cut out sugar?

Ok the water i am drinking, but hiw did you cut out sugar?

Just did. Don't eat sweets, iced tea ( was my go to drink ), ate only what I cooked so I could control it, read read read food labels, so much stuff had sugar. If you need a fix, eat fruit (strawberries, banana and blueberries were my go to) but mix in some veggies to help balance out and break down the sugar faster.

Cutting out all bread and dairy helped too.

I went completely paleo which is difficult but there are plenty of sites with good recipes out there.

Good luck.

I'll also add that it was tough for the first week. But after that, the cravings dropped pretty well. I was surprised how they went away.

What I learned is that our body's are designed to eat fat. However sugar is quicker and easier for it. With so many things having sugar in it and we eat a lot of it, the body never gets to the natural fat. After a week of no sugar, the body can process most of it and now start working on the real fat.

Scientific or not, I lost a huge amount of weight In my first 2 weeks, and I believe it was due to the no sugar.

I hit 15.1 kilos lost today which is 33 pounds!
I want to lose a few more kilos before I go back to Disney in September. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter