"Looping" - without a golf cart?

Thanks for the thoughts, everybody - I especially like the wheelbarrow idea!

I will work on hubby, but he is... how shall I put this. He is WONDERFUL, SWEET, LOVING, FABULOUS, but, ummmmmm..... thrifty (*cough*cheapcheapcheap*cough*). :rotfl2:

He may be a cheapskate, but he's MY cheapskate. :love:

I hear you guys expound on the joys of looping at the Fort in your CGs all the time, and it sounds like a lot of fun.

:

Mr.Goofy here! Wanna throw in my two cents. Don't know if you or DH would want to go to the expense but, Sams Club sells a real nice (one person )electric scooter with a comfortable seat. It travels as fast as the golf cars, loads of fun and is very convenient. I think they cost bout $300. We had a couple of these before we bought our buggy and they worked out great.

Bike looping is not all bad. Surferrat and I rode all the loops except 1500 and 2000 in about 45 minutes.

Pete... you have such a two track....errrr no, make that THREE track mind.

1) Beer

2) Gators :sad2:

3) Wimmen!!!

In reply to OP's question.... I don't recommend driving around the loops in a car or truck. If someone is having a difficult time backing their rig into their site, you may get stuck in a loop for awhile as you cannot turn around and go back.

Tell DH to bite the bullet & get a cart for one day, at least!!:thumbsup2

the best thing, is that number 3 is more fun with number one, number one is more fun with number 3, and number two is not correlated to one or three.

OMG!! you see thats why I say inside my camper!!! Too many guys out there just loopin the loops all boozed up starin at us wimmen!! But thats ok... you just don't know that we do it to you guys too.. were just more descreat (sp) about it!!

LiteBrite...If we were going to be at the fort during the same time, Id let you guys use my cart one night for a few hours. I bet your hubby will be on the lookout to buy one after looping a few times.

I hear you guys expound on the joys of looping at the Fort in your CGs all the time, and it sounds like a lot of fun.

However, no way no how is hubby going to go for the expense of renting a golf cart just for that purpose (or any other :rotfl2: ). I could see doing it on a bike, but we aren't planning on taking those this trip. Obviously you could also just hoof it on foot, but would it be weird to just slowly drive our vehicle around the loops for sightseeing purposes?:car: :sail:

Wow in our family DW wears the pants lol. I just do as i'm told. On a serious note. Rent a cart. Heck the last time we went to Disney we stayed (GULP) at POP and we still rented a cart and looped the Fort. We had time to kill before Hoop Dee Doo. Love looping. I'm thinking when we head down next year to bring colored wigs and a sign saying "Were loopy for the Fort" With a canadian flag under it and look like this guy :clown: . We canucks love the fort too.

We've been going to FW for 25+ years and have never used a golf cart. We enjoy the dreaded walking method or the bicycling method.

On the many visits with our young grandchildren, I would pull them in a trailer behind my bike and now that they are getting bigger we will all ride together.

Gotta say, looping is so much fun! My hubby is a cheapskate too, but after looping a few times, he even thought it was pretty fun.

I looped for the first time at only 9 years old.....shhh, dont tell Disney LOL! My dad let me drive around and I blew right through a stop sign. See, that's why 9 year olds dont drive LOL!

With us, it was just the opposite. I was the cheapskate and DH was the one wanting the golf cart. We had bikes and I couldn't see the reason why he would want a cart. Well, it only took one loop around with the bikes...he complained the whole time that his scrawny little tush hurts. That same day I got a cart and have done it every time now. Hmmm....strange, he never complains when we take the bikes to WL or when we're not camping at the Fort. :rolleyes1

We walk everywhere. The Fort just isn't that big.

If you plan things right you can take the walking trail shortcuts around the Fort.

You walk 5 miles a day in the parks, what is an extra 1/2 mile or so.

Do they allow small gas scooters? They're only 49cc and very very quiet.

Welcome to the Camping Board.....the rules state no gas powered, but we see gas golf carts all the time. I would say as long as you don't attract any attention to yourself, and obey all the other rules you would be fine.

Welcome to the Camping Board.....the rules state no gas powered, but we see gas golf carts all the time. I would say as long as you don't attract any attention to yourself, and obey all the other rules you would be fine.

Thanks for welcome!

Yea, I'm not going out there to bring attention to ourselves, but they give conflicting information. The say no to Gas scooters, but at the same time, they say yes to street legal scooters (which ours are).

We're very excited to go as I haven't been there since the early 80's and my wife has never been. :dance3:

Gas powered golf carts are ok as long as they are not loud.

LiteBrite...If we were going to be at the fort during the same time, Id let you guys use my cart one night for a few hours. I bet your hubby will be on the lookout to buy one after looping a few times.

Rog, that's really nice! What dates will you be there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter