"Looping" - without a golf cart?

LiteBrite

DIS Veteran
I hear you guys expound on the joys of looping at the Fort in your CGs all the time, and it sounds like a lot of fun.

However, no way no how is hubby going to go for the expense of renting a golf cart just for that purpose (or any other :rotfl2: ). I could see doing it on a bike, but we aren't planning on taking those this trip. Obviously you could also just hoof it on foot, but would it be weird to just slowly drive our vehicle around the loops for sightseeing purposes?:car: :sail:

I hear you guys expound on the joys of looping at the Fort in your CGs all the time, and it sounds like a lot of fun.

However, no way no how is hubby going to go for the expense of renting a golf cart just for that purpose (or any other :rotfl2: ). I could see doing it on a bike, but we aren't planning on taking those this trip. Obviously you could also just hoof it on foot, but would it be weird to just slowly drive our vehicle around the loops for sightseeing purposes?:car: :sail:

it's a pain when you are following cars, but i guess you could do it. Just make sure to wear your bra.

I would work on DH till you get at least 1 night golf cart rental out of him, maybe he'll love it and won't be able to stop himself like the rest of us. The speed limit is very slow so you won't look like stalkers anyway in your vehicle.

FW does discourage this however. They say to use your car to go to and from your campsite. You can also use it to go to the trading post -- there are a couple of parking spots there. But, I'm sure nobody would stop you if you were take a "roundabout" way there. :)

I would use 2Goofycampers suggestion though, and see if you could just rent a cart for one day!

FW does discourage this however. They say to use your car to go to and from your campsite. You can also use it to go to the trading post -- there are a couple of parking spots there. But, I'm sure nobody would stop you if you were take a "roundabout" way there. :)

I would use 2Goofycampers suggestion though, and see if you could just rent a cart for one day!

I agreed too..... what about me ?

Simple solution. Just tell hubby that you will be taking a wheelbarrow and his job will be pushing you around the loops in it.

If you do do this, please be real careful of all the kids on their bikes. Because there isn't much traffic AT ALL I wasn't afraid to let the DD ride her bike without me on top of her watching her every move. I would be disappointed if this happened a lot while I was camping at the Fort. Just my honest opinion. Hey take your bikes, we had ours along with a GC and I loved looping on our bikes!!!:cool1:

Pete... you have such a two track....errrr no, make that THREE track mind.

1) Beer

2) Gators :sad2:

3) Wimmen!!!

In reply to OP's question.... I don't recommend driving around the loops in a car or truck. If someone is having a difficult time backing their rig into their site, you may get stuck in a loop for awhile as you cannot turn around and go back.

Tell DH to bite the bullet & get a cart for one day, at least!!:thumbsup2

I could be wrong but I thank you can rent a cart for 1 hour for around $20.00
But I would call the bike barn to check.

i rented a cart for the first time last trip and LOVED it and now I'm addicted!!! I've been keeping a lookout for a used one to buy and customize ever since!!! Talk hubby into it for one day...or earn some money yourself just for that reason...selling your kids used clothes on ebay and surprise him!!! My daughter makes big bucks this way!!! He will be proud of you and everyone will be happy...its a win win situation!!!:hippie:

Looping without a golf cart, isn't that like flying without an airplane??? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter