• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking to Lose Ladies

So today marks 4 weeks at Curves for me--which means it was time to weigh & measure.

The scale is NEVER my friend total weight loss 1.5,
Total inches lost 11.25 :banana::banana::banana:

So as I continue to remind myself, I'll remind you too--the scale doesn't measure all of your results!

As an added bonus I feel better and when DH and I went to the mountains this weekend I was able to walk & walk (keep up with DH and have no hip pain) and no heavy breathing :goodvibes

So today marks 4 weeks at Curves for me--which means it was time to weigh & measure.

So as I continue to remind myself, I'll remind you too--the scale doesn't measure all of your results!

As an added bonus I feel better and when DH and I went to the mountains this weekend I was able to walk & walk (keep up with DH and have no hip pain) and no heavy breathing :goodvibes

That is the best!! No hip pain or heavy breathing. You are doing well after just four weeks!

Tomorrow I need to get on the scale. Haven't weighed in ages.

That's AMAZING! Good job. Sure wish I could say the same - I've been working out for two years and haven't reached that "no pain" milestone!

Still doing the bike, and yesterday I walked tons around the city.

Good Job, Lisa!

Can I get a Whoop Whoop?!??!?

I did my first couch to 5k session today and feel AWESOME!!! It was way easier then I thought it would be. I ran the cross country course in town and it was nice and peaceful. I love fall!!

:woohoo::woohoo:

Good for you BAMB! That's great! are you going to do it every other day?

Way to go, everyone!!! :yay::banana:

I've managed to do my walks this week--told DS he was "helping mommy get ready for Disney" by riding in the stroller! It's working for now, but we'll see!! :thumbsup2

Way to go, everyone!!! :yay::banana:

I've managed to do my walks this week--told DS he was "helping mommy get ready for Disney" by riding in the stroller! It's working for now, but we'll see!! :thumbsup2

Do you have any old maps you can laminate and let him pretend to be at Disney? You can walk faster to get to shows and walk slower to get around crowds. He can pick and it will vary your walking speeds. :)

Sorry--I haven't been good at being accountable here. I did my weigh-in today, and I'm at 9.4! YAY for downward!!

Today was my "skip" day on exercising, so I've got to hit it tomorrow to keep that number!! :thumbsup2

Ann, that's a GREAT idea about Disney!! We'll try that!!

My weigh in number was 5. Uggh, obviously it was in the wrong direction.

Concentrating on exercising until I get back into the groove of healthy eating.

I am at 0.0 now- which means I have hit my first goal. My next goal will be another 10 pounds. Of course since I know that I will be bad about food today with it being DH's birthday and the community having a fundraiser for someone who was in a really bad accident I will just have to be more vigalent next week and keep up with the exercise.

Rebecca

I'm ignoring the scale and only going by measurements now and they are all in the downward motion by 1/4-1" so I'm happy I will do another measure on wed. so than we'll know how well I'm actually doing.

One step forward, two steps back. Three weeks on the road = 214.5 #s. Got together with some friends I hadn't seen for a while and they were all very complimentary - but honestly, I still don't see it in the mirror. Am I ever going to lose sufficient to make a visible difference? I'd just like to see a couple rolls disappear!

Linda believe your friends and trust what they say. we never see it on ourselves cause we always want more.

You look wonderful and have come so far and are such a great motivater for all of us.

I need to learn from you and I've heard what your saying i just can't seen to put it into action with my crazy life

Linda--Christy is right, listen to your friends :)

Same old here, scale not budging, but, the inches are still going down!

Linda, even if you can't see it, take the word of friends and the fact you have gone down in clothes size. Your journal has been an inspiration to many of us.

My weigh in this week was 3.2, down fortunately. I had a kick in the pants this week; I had a dr appt and the first time in my life, my blood pressure was high. I have to buckle down and exercise.

Nothing budging here:headache::sad2: I'm trying to make healthy choices and get my exercise by walking, because I've done diets and it just comes back, and I can't do high impact stuff because of bad knees and hips. But I think I'm going to have to cut stuff/do WW points if I really want to move it.

Thanks for the encouragement! You gals are SO NICE!

Lisa, you CAN get the bp under control and gosh it's a lot of work!

Two years ago, I was on two bp meds - been working out ever since and dieting ~18 months. Had to come off one bp med because of the coughing - a side effect. Never remember to take the other one. Monday, the bp was 110/70. even MY doc couldn't ask for more than that. It is lower on days I sleep better the night before - which may be a hint for you, not that you have any control over it. I think not eating processed food helps too - much lower sodium in fresh food prepared by me.

Right now, i'm trying to go to healthy snacks every 4 hours between breakfast and dinner, instead of breakfast lunch and dinner. We'll see how that works.

So it took 2 months, but, I am down 4.5 and down 12 inches total :) Next goal walking 30 mins on curves "off" days.

Congratulations, Cheryl! That is terrific. I bet your clothes feel great on.

My weigh in today was 3.6. I haven't been good, but I haen't been too horrible either. It's more like I haven't been giving it the attention I should but that also tells me my healthy eating is becoming every day matter of course which is keeping me in balance until I get life more manageable.:thumbsup2 In that I am pretty happy. I thought I had spiraled completely off track, but good to know my weight hasn't done up.

So it took 2 months, but, I am down 4.5 and down 12 inches total :) Next goal walking 30 mins on curves "off" days.

Good JOB, Cheryl!

Congratulations, Cheryl! That is terrific. I bet your clothes feel great on.

My weigh in today was 3.6. I haven't been good, but I haen't been too horrible either. It's more like I haven't been giving it the attention I should but that also tells me my healthy eating is becoming every day matter of course which is keeping me in balance until I get life more manageable.:thumbsup2 In that I am pretty happy. I thought I had spiraled completely off track, but good to know my weight hasn't done up.

Good job in discovering that you have to pay attention! That is the absolute truth. good habits are important but sometimes the extra mouthful of dessert, or a few chips or whatever sneak in when we aren't paying attention.

Back to 211.5 on a consistant basis now. My friend Jen the doc reminded me that the reason I'm not losing is probably my caloric intake and outgo have equalized (UGH) so that means more exercise or even less food.:eek: Something to really look forward to. not. But I'll do it. Started sneaking up on it yesterday. One less slice of bacon for breakfast and 6 minutes on the elliptical in addition to the half hour on the cross trainer.

Keep on Keeping on, ladies. We WILL prevail!

My weekly weigh in was 2.9, a little bit down from last week :woohoo: and exercised on the bike tonight. :yay:

So I got my bood test results back today (they left a phone message). I have pre-diabetes :scared1: Now I'm in the process of information gathering. I get to see the doctor tomorrow, but, I'm looking for advice or suggestions. Are there specifics questions I should ask tomorrow? I know I need to get the exact numbers, anything else? I want to stop this now before it progresses. TIA, Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter