Looking to Lose Ladies

OMG!!! DH is taking me to Cheesecake factory this weekend. Clearly I will need to look at the menu online, so I can make a relatively healthy choice :) I'm back on the wagon after jumping off last week--the mini-vacation I took with DH really knocked me off my game. I've done well so far today :)

Denise, Diana, and I were talking about going to CF this weekend too. Guess the fried mac and cheese followed by the apple crisp with vanilla ice cream is out too?

Alrighty, I'm back in. DS14 got the go ahead from Coach to run the Expedition Everest Challenge in May so I have a 5K to train for!!!!

I need good ideas for quick breakfasts. This is my downfall, bad breakfast = bad food day.

Oh and I need to know everything you know about Animal Kingdom!!!!! There is a scavenger hunt as part of the race.

I had a God Breeze last night/this morning! I wont bore you with the details, but I realized that I haven't been my own best friend...

Buffy- if you like eggs, South Beach had recipes for the little mini eggie muffins. Make ahead then pop in the freezer. Microwave for a little and they are portable when you are on the go...

This recipe is from Kalyn's Kitchen. She has the best south Beach blog...
This is the basic recipe, but you could go veggie with spinach and delete the meat.

EGG "MUFFINS"
(makes 12)
10-12 eggs
2 T fat free half and half
Salt, pepper, seasoning to taste
1 1/2- 2 cups diced meat: canadian bacon, ham, cooked turkey sausage or cooked veggie sausage
1 1/2- 2 cups grated low fat cheese ( like sharp cheddar or feta)
Optional, but highly recommended, 3 green onions diced small.

Preheat oven to 375. Use regular or silicone muffin pan, 12 muffin size. If using silicone pan, spray with nonstick spray. If using regular muffin pan, put two paper liners into each slot, then spray liner with nonstick spray.

In the bottom of the muffin cups layer diced meat, cheese and green onions. You want the muffin cups to be 3/4 full, with just enough room to pour a little egg around the other ingredients. Beat eggs well with the half and half (you could use milk). Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is full to the brim, nearly overflowing. Bake 25-30 minutes until muffins have risen above the rim of the muffin cups and are slightly browned and set.

These freeze well. For best results, thaw in refrigerator before microwaving. Wrap them in a paper towel when reheating in microwave to soak up some of the liquid that is sometimes released.

I'm having a hard time finding lower carb breakfast too :( I love breakfast--but, all the things I love are now bad for me, I'm sick of eggs!

Up 2 pounds #@%*# TG the Christmas cookies are nearly gone - I simply CAN't resist.

I think it helps when low - carbing to stop thinking breakfast must be breakfast food. hardboiled eggs, cottage cheese, leftover meat and veggies from last nights dinner, salad with chicken are all things I've eaten in the last week for my first meal of the day. Also, Thomas's whole wheat mini-bagels or pepperidge farm whole wheat sandwich thins are only 20 carbs and can hold up lots of things - peanut butter, cheese, meat, veggies.

PS Deb that recipe sounds yummy - MUST try it!

Alrighty, I'm back in. DS14 got the go ahead from Coach to run the Expedition Everest Challenge in May so I have a 5K to train for!!!!

I need good ideas for quick breakfasts. This is my downfall, bad breakfast = bad food day.

Oh and I need to know everything you know about Animal Kingdom!!!!! There is a scavenger hunt as part of the race.
I am going to be here then too.. I was planning on doing this.. My first 5k.. But, hubby can't do it with me because he will have to watch our 5 year old and I don't want to do it by myself... So.. instead I made a ressie at JIKO:rotfl2: Good luck to you and your son though..

I am going to be here then too.. I was planning on doing this.. My first 5k.. But, hubby can't do it with me because he will have to watch our 5 year old and I don't want to do it by myself... So.. instead I made a ressie at JIKO:rotfl2: Good luck to you and your son though..

Enjoy Jiko, we've never been. DS14 loves Boma so we always end up there. We'll probably end up there at some point. LOL

Maybe you can find a partner somewhere on the boards?

It's my first 5K too. DS is a cross country runner so I have a lot of catching up to do!

well after a long time of ignoring my self and starting and stopping. i'm happy to say I've given up some meds that had been really affecting me, and I'm happy to say that I'm feeeling better than I have in YEARS!!! so I got out the wii fit. the boys got it for snowboarding for xmas and here I am 4.8 lbs lighter in 1 week!!! and that was missing 2 days due to sports schedules.

I'm being aware of what and how much I eat. gave up the soda AGAIN!! flavored water homemade.

WTG linda you'll have caught me in no time

day 3 of food journalling. I made a really cute cover, will post that after I get the computer back from DD.
I have some work to do!

OH, Biggest Loser's on, gotta go!

My new number is 8

I'm down 7lbs since the new WW Points Plus! :cool1:

my number is 1 and I'm doing the little bounce cause I ate rice yesterday and I enjoyed everybite!! just no more rice or bread for the week.

Great job Deb.

Yay, Deb & Christy :cool1:

I'm off to WW in a few minutes and I bought my wii fit plus this morning. I plan to set it up and try it out this afternoon.

I was pleased when I went to the doctor last week and dicovered that I didn't gain anything over the holidays :) Now if I could just lose some ;)

:cool1: good for you Cheryl. so far i love mine although when that little mii gets fat it's disheartening and then when it tells you your wii fit age and it's added 10 years to you :eek: the first few tests were fine it went downhill from there. but 10 days into it and I'm getting better at it.

My food journal:
DSC_0021-2.jpg

DSC_0022-4.jpg

the quote came from pjlla. She's my WISH angel!

thanks. I needed something different then the 80 bagillion composition books I have floating around the house, so I covered one.

buffy I love it!!! I used to journal and should again. it really makes a difference. I also need to remember to measure the portions until the sizes are in my brain again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter