Looking for Nov 9th ~ 7 Day Western Magic Cruisers!

I hope everybody revisits this thread. We got back last night safely after a 16 hour drive in the pouring rain.

The last post was Debbie's and she made it as we were sipping champagne in the cabin. Half an hour later we went to the lifeboat drill.

It was a delight to meet you all. It was brought to my attention during the cruise that some of the posts, extra batteries, last man standing, etc, may have offended some of you on this thread. It was all meant in fun. If that was the case I apologize.

I am interested in getting some overall impressions you had from the cruise. It was an interesting week. I hope we can keep this thread alive a little longer. It's not every day you get to make such great new friends:teeth:

Hope to hear from you all soon. Wes and Debbie.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi Debbie and Wes Welcome back. We too drove through the rain 16 and a half hours. We are so sad we didn't get to meet anyone. James was quite a handful.LOL Actuallly he was good just wanted to be with Mommy.He cried at the nursery. Anyway I hope everyone had a great time.
Bob I did see your welcome aboard pictures .Great shirts. We never got to make ours.:mad: Oh well next time.
I looked for lime green ribbons but didn't see any. I did meet Jess Right before we embarked. But that was all.Hope everyone got home safely.
Toni

We are finally back home after a LOOOOOOOOOONG day in Orlando yesterday........what a rain storm. My thoughts were with you Wes and Debbie on your long, WET drive home.

Had a wonderful time meeting all of you, (that we did meet) and wished we could have met the rest of you.
Great memories of Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel of Bob and Mary.

Wes and Debbie- How is your daughter feeling? I hope that you were able to get more info before you got all the way home.

We walked in this afternoon to 3 phone calls from Guys mom, she found out she has lung cancer and is having surgery first thing tomorrow morning.
:(

I'll check back with all of you later......and if you will PM me your email addresses, I will send you pictures that I have of you, if I got some.

smiles Patty

Patty, glad you all made it home OK. Sorry to hear about Guy's Mom. Of course our thoughts and prayers and a boatload of Pixie dust goes out to her. Let us know how she makes out.

We got on the cell right away and Lindsey was in the ER most of the day to rule out appendicitis and another ovarian cyst. Good news all was negative and we heard by the time we reached South Carolina. Remember at dinner I toild Debbie she was fine? Well, daddy's intuition, she was. Thanks for the thoughts. In fact, as I write this she's laughing in the kitchen with her brother who drove home from school to see her.

What a great trip, ya'll. Mary, I'm really bummed about the ring. I can't imagine how you feel.

I hope we can all stay in touch.

Wes

Hi All
Patti I would love to see your pics to see if I did "run" into any of you without noticing.
What did you think of the castaway club party. It thought it was very crowded. Byt the time we got there there were no seats. I thought it was poorly done this time. We had enjoeyed it so much on our last cruise. Even the captains Gala seemed over crowded this time. I never even saw a waitress to get a drink. Oh well. Cruising with a baby and a stroller made me notice what little space there is.We had a great time but I would have loved to meet with you all. We did go by carlos and charlies and senor frogs. Thye looked like great fun. However I am sure they would have frowned on us drinking with our 6 mos old. Oh well.

Wow, I can't believe its all over... I am feeling a little post crusin' depression coming on...

What a fantastic trip we had! I have no compliants... Nothing is perfect, of course, but we couldn't have asked for more. Even the weather cooperated! My hubby (who originally didn't want to go on the cruise) had the BEST time - He fell in LOVE with the ESPN skybox and was thrilled to have ESPN in his cabin all week. We made lots of new friends, not only from the DIS but many other passangers and crew members. As for Palo's: it is certainly not overrated. It was the best dinner we had the whole cruise. The best food and the best service.

Well, it really was a pleasure to meet you guys. What a nice and friendly group of people you are.

Patty, sorry to hear about Guy's mom, please tell him she is in our thoughts and prayers.

We had lots of rain as well driving home but at least the rain brought in some nice cool weather.

Talk later,

Denise

P.S. So, can we do this all over again really soon??!!

:)

Hi All!

We had a great cruise. Flew home in the rain on Saturday. And now I ready to head out the to my first day back to work. Ugh!! But we really had a wonderful time. By dad passed away 1 week before we left, and my DSIL is still battleing colon cancer. So, it was a much needed vacation. Can't wait to read some of your trip reports.

Have a great day!

Bonnie

BJ,
Sorry we didn't get to meet you. Do you work locally??? We had a great cruise too. I kept listening for some guy to call out the name Bonnie....teehee.....then perhaps we would have met.

Our sympathy to you in regards to your Father.

Keep in touch,

So glad that we got an opportunity to meet you and DH. Glad to hear that he really enjoyed the cruise.

Well- The update on Guys mom was VERY good. They removed 2/5 of her upper right lung and a few lymph nodes but, they believe that they got all of the cancer. She had surgery yesterday, and Guy called this morning and she was eating breakfast and talked with him on the phone.

You are NOT going to believe my DH. He got a phone call this morning saying "WHERE ARE YOU?" He thought his guys were messing with him.......He was supposed to be at work. For some reason he kept thinking that he didn't work until Wednesday. After he left, I got a call from the Orthopedic doc.....he also missed his appointment, that he thought was supposed to be on Wednesday as well. I guess this cruise REALLY messed him up.

smiles Patty

Patty, so glad to hear Guy's mom is doing so well!

My DH and I got a real kick out of that story about Guy not being at work... We can relate, though. We are both still adjusting. I had my first day back to work today and I haven't gotten back into my groove yet - I even overslept!

PS: Did anyone ever meet Shercara?

Talk later,

Denise

I think most in the group got to meet Shercara at the Promenade lounge the first night and I had the great opportunity of running into them on a pretty regular basis around the ship. (about the same frequency of my meetings with you and your DH) I often spotted them at the Cabaret shows.

I didn't meet Bonnie or Diva of Dragons......? Anyone else have the chance to meet them?

smiles Patty

Patty, glad to hear about Guy's Mom. Sounds like a straightforward lobectomy. If the margins are clear and the lymph nodes are negative she should have a good prognosis.

Guy's travails re work, etc, are interesting to say the least. Sounds like he was still on island time!;)

Lindsey's much better and returns to school as I write. She has a few exams and then will be home over the weekend for Thanksgiving.

Give my best to Guy and your terrific kids. Debbie and I genuinely enjoyed them. You have reason to be very proud. :teeth

How to hear from you soon. Deb got the email but I did not really get to read it.

Hugs and Kisses, Wes

Pictures are on the way. :D

Tommy was sooooo funny yesterday. Came home from school telling me that he was assigned a debate topic while he was gone. He is looking up at the board and it said ENTHUSIASM......and he is on the ANTI.......and he said he was thinking to himself.......gosh how do I do this? He then realized it was Euthanasia..........:D :eek:

They are still talking about the trip. Emailing and chatting with all of their new friends.

talk to you all soon........
smiles Patty

Hi Nov. 9 cruisers! :) Now that you've been back for a bit, it's time to close this thread. As with other past cruisers, feel free to start a NEW thread on the Community Board so you can keep in touch, and you can post a link to the new thread on this board. :)

Okay, UNCLE! :p

Due to popular demand I will leave this thread open a few more days to give everyone who is not back from the cruise a chance to respond.

After that you can start your thread on the Community Board and I will post a link to that thread, and other past cruiser threads, in a "stuck" thread at the top of the board.

Okay? :)

Gee guys, I thought we left the ship pretty clean!

Now, on the other hand, we did find some areas in our stateroom that had sticky stuff around door knobs etc., but...... that can happen even at home. I guess it was time for a good cleaning. Feel bad for those folk, not only did they have some virus, but bad weather to boot. Apparently their Castaway day was somewhat like our Cozemel one. To bad Disney can't control, weather, illness, virus, rough seas, etc. etc.

:D

I was thinking maybe they all had MY CARLOS AND CHARLIES REVENGE!!!!!! Mutt and Jeff were telling me that during our cruise they saw a kid vomit in the hot tubs, get out and not tell anyone................ICK!!!! To be honest.......between the pooh and these types of virus's, I don't think I'll ever get in a cruise ship pool. A tub filled with nice lukewarm water has got to be conducive to growing things.............

Hope you guys are well...........

smiles Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter