Look Out California, Here We Come!!!

2 Weeks is an aweful long time ... Have u Seen the DCL
Commercial Titled The Souvenir lol

No Serious they are going to need new friends... lol

Boston Pétér

Okay, don't think I'll be showing THAT thread to hubby!! :earseek:

But you know, I'm REALLY liking the idea of having a DIS meet or two (maybe the one the night before, then another the first night onboard) where we can introduce our kids to as many Dissers as possible ... and get our parental spy network set up!!

As the mother of one of the teenage DD's (she'll be 16 on the cruise) I am all in favor of getting as many adults as possible to meet her so they can "keep an eye" on her!!!!

Denise

Even though now it's still

EEEEEEWWWWWW!

Who knows what next year will be! She did order the T-shirt in baby blue/pink? She doesn't do pink?

:eek:

Parents Unite!LOL

Scratch

pirate:

One of the other adults in our group came up with a GREAT idea ... the digial survelliance (sp?) spy network ... we all take digital pictures (or video) of kids when they're doing what they shouldn't be doing, then we parents meet like every other night in the promenade lounge (where we can hit the booze if the pictures drive us to drinking) and we can download all the pics to my laptop and go thru them one at a time saying "ok, who does this kid belong to?? "and this one??" "How about this kid?" :teeth:

Wow!! You are a bunch of sneaky folks!! I am so glad my kids are older and my grand daughter is still way too young!! Hope you don't catch my DH and me doing anything nasty!!

Seriously, this isn't a joking matter!! It's a sad commentary on some of the parenting with todays teens. When I was a teen (back in the dark ages) we knew better than to do anything bad or our punishment was swift and severe. My father didn't beat us, but we knew that he would if we needed it!! Kids need to be taught to respect others and to respect themselves. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to rat out misbehavior. Of course I would do it with kindness and with tact.

Right on EmmasGrammy- our kids knew that they had better toe the line or the retaliation would be swift. Of course it helped that all the boys in our neighborhood were scared stiff of my DH. That's where he got the nickname Darth Vader. If anyone wants to tell their teens that Darth is going on the cruise feel free. Of course it only works for boys. The girls all considered him a push over.
Unforfunately working in a day care situation I see a lot of kids who are going to be very unruly teens. Oh well, my mother thought Elvis Presley was the worst thing she had ever seen. Talk to you all tomorrow. Estelle

DD wants one of those instamatic cameras or a hand held cam. I think I'll lean towards the cam, that way she will become the stoulie and not even know it!LOL

Oh, we bad!

Scratch

pirate:

Even though I won't be on this cruise :sad1: I just had to say how funny you all are!! I'm sure those kids will be well behaved with all this planning going on! If you let them read these posts, it will probably eliminate any questionable behavior before it could ever get started, and you all won't end up having to do a thing! Wish my family was going on this one with you all! The trip reports should be doozies!

Originally posted by JulienK
Even though I won't be on this cruise :sad1: I just had to say how funny you all are!! I'm sure those kids will be well behaved with all this planning going on! If you let them read these posts, it will probably eliminate any questionable behavior before it could ever get started, and you all won't end up having to do a thing! Wish my family was going on this one with you all! The trip reports should be doozies!
LOL good idea Julie!! :hyper:

I might have to keep an eye on my DD after all. By the time of the 8-20-05 cruise my DD will only be a few weeks away from turning 15. After this week that we are going through, DD informed us last night that she might just want to join DW and I on this cruise afterall. Actually, we would like nothing better than for her to join us. Is a baseball bat allowed to be brought onboard???
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

DisBoard BaseBall Team! That way they would have to allow us to bring our "Equipment" aka "Baseball Bats"!LOL

Who's on First!?!

Scratch

pirate:

Originally posted by Verandah Man
I might have to keep an eye on my DD after all. By the time of the 8-20-05 cruise my DD will only be a few weeks away from turning 15. After this week that we are going through, DD informed us last night that she might just want to join DW and I on this cruise afterall. Actually, we would like nothing better than for her to join us. Is a baseball bat allowed to be brought onboard???
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Bring her Andy!! My DD will be 15 years 4 months on the repo cruise :teeth: we can duct tape the two of them together!! ;)

MY DS will turn 16 on 9/4/05, the day after we get back from the cruise. I am sure he will appreciate the company. He really liked hanging out in the old "Common Grounds" last summer. He currently is still major into sports activities and his computer so is still relatively safe company for your daughters.

Originally posted by NYGiantsRule!
He currently is still major into sports activities and his computer so is still relatively safe company for your daughters.
Note the operative word: currently
And a year from now???
You think Dads of Teenage Girls (known as DTGs from here on out) will allow said teen girls NEAR any boys over the age of 8??? :rotfl:

Originally posted by ivanova
Note the operative word: currently
And a year from now???
You think Dads of Teenage Girls (known at DTGs from here on out) will allow said teen girls NEAR any boys over the age of 8??? :rotfl:

Yes, a lot can change in a 14 month period, take it from this DTG!!! Yikes!!!

This thread made me think of a few things.

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk, you'd better be delivering a package
because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long
as you do not peer down at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your
eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear
their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling of their hips.
Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are
complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue,
so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear
showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in
order to ensure that you clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course
of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten
your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a
"barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes
to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we
should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do
not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of
when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only
word I need from you on this subject is: "early."

Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date
other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter.
Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to
date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I
will make you cry.

Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and
more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time
for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her
makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge.
Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like
changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places
where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places
where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or
happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to make it
necessary for my daughter to wear shorts, tanks tops, midriff t-shirts, or
anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up
to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be
avoided; movies which feature chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay.
Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:
Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged,
dim-witted has been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the
all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are
going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole
truth, and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres
behind the house Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound
of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near
Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head tell me
to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as
you pull into the driveway you should exit the car with both hands in plain
sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have
brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there
is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is
mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter