Look Out California, Here We Come!!!

Verandah Man

I DREAM of a FANTASY that's full of MAGIC & WONDER
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Look out California, Here We Come!!!

Jazzman is keeping a database going for the 8-20-05 cruise from CA to FL. This is the latest figures we have in after the first week. This should be some DIS'er Cruise and some DISmeet!!!

update 5/14/04
up to 341 people, 92 DISnames.

kids under 20 yrs old: 118

65 girls
47 boys
4 unknown
2 not yet determined (well, actually I suppose technically they're determined, just not known yet)

Interestingly, the ratio of boys/girls in the age group 13-17 is almost exactly 50/50 (is this a good thing or a bad thing?).

Ca and NJ lead the pack with 24 people each, Pa with 23.

-Pete

Originally posted by Verandah Man
Look out California, Here We Come!!!
Interestingly, the ratio of boys/girls in the age group 13-17 is almost exactly 50/50 (is this a good thing or a bad thing?).
My husband, father of a teenage daughter (who will be 15 on aforementioned cruise), will think this is a VERY BAD thing!! :teeth:

Originally posted by ivanova
My husband, father of a teenage daughter (who will be 15 on aforementioned cruise), will think this is a VERY BAD thing!! :teeth:

My 15 year old DD, will be in Florida cruising with my mom, which I think is a good thing!!! LOL!!!

Well one of the 16 year-old girls is mine - not too comfortable with it myself. I know of a boy in the next stateroom who's turning 16 during the cruise; think I should let it slip to his mom I'm a confessed axe-murderer?

:P

-Pete

ah, i'm so glad my dd will only be 3 at the time of the cruise. actually, she'll turn 4 on the cruise! at least another decade before i have to start worrying. ;)

Well i am glad my DD will only be 12 at the time of cruise!! At least she won't be old enough to go in the Teen club!!! YA!!
But of course, she might feel otherwise!!

Originally posted by Jazzman
Well one of the 16 year-old girls is mine - not too comfortable with it myself. I know of a boy in the next stateroom who's turning 16 during the cruise; think I should let it slip to his mom I'm a confessed axe-murderer?

:P

-Pete
Yeah, you & my hubby were cellblock buddies right??? :rotfl:

Can't remember which basketball player said this, but hubby lives by it: "If I kill the first one, the word will get out." He was talking about his daughtler's future boyfriends. :teeth:

"If I kill the first one, the word will get out."

I'm commiting that one to memory.

2 ds 10 and 13 hopefully 13 year old still won't like girls by next year we are still at the yuck stage for girls thank god LOL

DD is 12 right now and really not all that interested in boys, as of yet!?!

Or are all those "Girlfriend has a boyfriend........." questions really about her!

:faint:

Interesting! I guess I will start to worry when she stops wearing Sweats to school!LOL

Scratch
:crazy:

My DD is 11 going on 19 at times :rolleyes:
Will be 12 come cruise time.
She is taller than her mom and looks much older. Thankfully she thinks boys are to play soccer or hockey with. God I hope she can keep that attitude.
My DW has already told her she is free to date once she has completed a degree at University :) I just laugh and shake my head. The sad thing is I think my wife is serious :hyper:

Maybe the fathers should start a new "Chaperone list" to protect our daughters on this cruise :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Hey VM- Thanks alot for starting this darn thread. I just realized that my DD will be over 13 when we do our repo cruise. If she thinks she's hanging out with boys that are 13-17 all day at the club, lets just say that I plan on dragging her to everymeal and everyshow with me and DW... Mark

You "Daddies with Daughters" make me laugh!!

Please keep in mind DCL does not permit any type of firearms or weapons on board. (Which is probably a very good idea.)

14 days onboard a ship is a long time for young teenagers with limited space and activities. There's bound to be a few "ship board romances" occur!!!

Good Luck!!:rolleyes:

You're right there are no weapons or firearms E.G. but do the words "Man overboard" strike a chord :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Originally posted by Grumbo
...do the words "Man overboard" strike a chord :)

Cheers,
Grumbo
Hubby says "uh huh, exactly!!"

Originally posted by Grumbo
You're right there are no weapons or firearms E.G. but do the words "Man overboard" strike a chord :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Hazel quick, bring me a pair of Depends, Grumbo has me :rotfl: again!!!

As the mother of three DDs all of whom are well into adult hood. I got a huge laugh out of the fathers comments. I remember when our youngest (now 24) had a bikini, my husband thought it was adorable, especially with the diaper hanging out.
As I recall that was the last bikini she owned until she bought one when she was in college.
Just think all you fathers, when they are 13 you only have aroung 6 years to fret, but in reality you will be fretting for the next 30. Good luck to you all. Estelle

Hubby was freakin' last night when we were talking about what DD will wear for the formal/semi-formal nights ... he hasn't even thought about the idea of a BIKINI!!!!!!!!!!! :earseek:

Baseball Bats? Being without a SO, a girls gotta bring something to protect her DD!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter