Look at this stuff isn't it neat! Mini Trip Aug. 12-17, 2019 & Hoping for the Poly July 2020

Hi there! I'm Rebecca
:wave:
We've lived in a RV on the road for one year now
Still surprises me. Do you have plans to do that for a while longer? Forever? Just about done?
It was also my very 1st trip to WDW with my own wheelchair, I was so shy about being in it that I hid it in most photos.
:( Awww... I hope you're not shy about that anymore. Certainly no reason to be. :hug:
What are your favorite parks, rides, and FOODS in any of the four Parks?
Fave park: MK
Fave ride: HM
Food... oh Lord... so many options, but.... Dole Whip float. (I said float. FLOAT! Not just Dole whip.)
Is it crazy to go in with only a few fast passes? o_O
Yes.

Just kidding. Nope. You can go with zero FPs. Who cares? Go have fun!
What would you do with an extra day at Disney?
Probably just soak it all in and take the opportunity to have one more Dole Whip float!
Favorite Ride(s): Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean
Of course. I knew there was a reason I liked you.
What with a tremendous thunderstorm, frightened cat, and bouncy oh boy we’re going to Disney energy I did not sleep. This will be an interesting day. 😅😳
Good luck! And have a great trip!!!!

@pkondz hello! I can’t quote you on my iPhone for some reason. That’s an excellent question about whether we’re going to keep traveling or settling down. The truth is we’re undecided. I don’t think I can live in a house for some time unless it’s in a warm sunny place and not terribly far from the beach! 😅 I’ve been spoiled absolutely rotten by sunshine! ☀

We went through autumns and winters when I couldn’t leave our house because of illness and also treacherous conditions for wheels and sticks. Now that I’m free I wouldn’t go back without a fight.

Soon we take our eldest back to the Pacific Northwest so she can have a life. Our 13 year old is being given the option of moving somewhere and settling if he wants to go to school or traveling and road schooling as we’re doing. He’s leaning toward the traveling currently. No matter what we’re settling somewhere for a month or so to get Tali our rig serviced and repaired.

We’re in Tali, she’s a 32’ travel trailer being pulled by Lucy Blue the Truck. With one less person in the house we’ll probably downsize eventually to either an airstream or a class A or Class C rig. We love our little house, she’s had leaks that we had to repair during torrential rainstorms and such but oh what a different life this is!

I babbled. *blush* RV life is chock full of challenges and unexpected joys! We’re all different people than we were before we set out and as a family we’re stronger and more connected. I would not trade this.

From the big things like a day in White Sands, New Mexico and it’s endless beauty and solitude! From Olympic National Forest, To the Carlsbad Caverns and being so deep underground that you feel like you’re in an alien world! To the fascinating UFO 🛸 Museum in Roswell New Mexico. The incredible biodiversity of Mission Texas bordering with Mexico. To flood warnings when our in the French Quarter in New Orleans. Beaches and Nature Preserves here Florida. Art Museums in 5 cities so far with NARM! One zoo (so far) but we’ve passes to see more. From the largest most life changing moments to the hike & rolls, tiny little dinners together, and playing Mario Kart we keep going and keep growing! We’ve lived more in this one year than we had in the ten that came before!

Today we get to go to Disney and I’m crying from happiness and gratitude! ❤

Last edited:

@pkondz hello!
Hi, Rebecca!! :)
I can’t quote you on my iPhone for some reason.
You should be able to... but multi-quoting is next to impossible on an iPhone.
That’s an excellent question about whether we’re going to keep traveling or settling down. The truth is we’re undecided. I don’t think I can live in a house for some time unless it’s in a warm sunny place and not terribly far from the beach! 😅 I’ve been spoiled absolutely rotten by sunshine! ☀
Well... that's an easy answer. Don't go back to winter!
We went through autumns and winters when I couldn’t leave our house because of illness and also treacherous conditions for wheels and sticks. Now that I’m free I wouldn’t go back without a fight.
:(
That's just not right at all. Don't go. Live.
Soon we take our eldest back to the Pacific Northwest so she can have a life.
Where will she stay? Dorm? Friends? Family?
Our 13 year old is being given the option of moving somewhere and settling if he wants to go to school or traveling and road schooling as we’re doing. He’s leaning toward the traveling currently.
What would you do if he decided to settle?
We’re in Tali, she’s a 32’ travel trailer being pulled by Lucy Blue the Truck. With one less person in the house we’ll probably downsize eventually to either an airstream or a class A or Class C rig. We love our little house, she’s had leaks that we had to repair during torrential rainstorms and such but oh what a different life this is!
I would love an Airstream!!
Doubt that would ever happen, though. DW hates RVs. Or really travelling for anything more than a few days.
I babbled. *blush*
I'm glad you did! I like that! :goodvibes
RV life is chock full of challenges and unexpected joys! We’re all different people than we were before we set out and as a family we’re stronger and more connected. I would not trade this.
Wow. I'm very happy for you and yours. :)
From the big things like a day in White Sands, New Mexico and it’s endless beauty and solitude! From Olympic National Forest, To the Carlsbad Caverns and being so deep underground that you feel like you’re in an alien world! To the fascinating UFO 🛸 Museum in Roswell New Mexico. The incredible biodiversity of Mission Texas bordering with Mexico. To flood warnings when our in the French Quarter in New Orleans. Beaches and Nature Preserves here Florida. Art Museums in 5 cities so far with NARM! One zoo (so far) but we’ve passes to see more. From the largest most life changing moments to the hike & rolls, tiny little dinners together, and playing Mario Kart we keep going and keep growing! We’ve lived more in this one year than we had in the ten that came before!
Sounds... amazing.
What is NARM?
Today we get to go to Disney and I’m crying from happiness and gratitude! ❤
This just made my day. :)

Looks a tad.... moist.

Where are the ponchos???? :laughing:
Have fun, you guys!
Oh it was! We had tornado and flood warnings as well!

We did get ponchos afterward! 😂 Never have used them though, even on the rainiest days in WDW.

It was a great trip! Teeny tiny but mostly wonderful! I'll write it up and share pics soon. We're in Maryland tonight and by tomorrow will be in Pennsylvania, after that Connecticut for some time to breathe (and visit Boston, Mass.!) and i'll do the trip report then.

Hi, Rebecca!! :)

You should be able to... but multi-quoting is next to impossible on an iPhone.

Well... that's an easy answer. Don't go back to winter!
Oh I would rather not! Though there is something lovely about the changing leaves and autumn feel in the air here on the East Coast.
:(

That's just not right at all. Don't go. Live.
Doing so much living these days! 😍

Where will she stay? Dorm? Friends? Family?
Her roommate-to-be is looking for houses and apartments already. She's going to get a job there and they'll live quite happily with their two cats. 😊
What would you do if he decided to settle?

I would love an Airstream!!
Doubt that would ever happen, though. DW hates RVs. Or really travelling for anything more than a few days.
Bummer that she does not dig it. :(
I too would love an airstream! We're downsizing next time, either Class A, B, or C, and airstream is a possibility if we decide on travel trailer. No slides and more compact.

I'm glad you did! I like that! :goodvibes
*long distance hugs!* 🤗

Wow. I'm very happy for you and yours. :)
Oh thank you so muchly much! It's a mighty weird and fulfilling life!

Sounds... amazing.
What is NARM?
NARM North American Reciprocal Museum Association

This just made my day. :)
*BIGGER HUGS!* 🤗

Oh it was! We had tornado and flood warnings as well!
Of course. How could you not? :sad2:
But looks like you weathered through it. :)
We did get ponchos afterward! 😂 Never have used them though, even on the rainiest days in WDW.
Why not? Just always got under shelter? Or is it too problematic with the chair? (I have no idea.)
It was a great trip! Teeny tiny but mostly wonderful! I'll write it up and share pics soon.
Good! On both points! :)
Oh I would rather not! Though there is something lovely about the changing leaves and autumn feel in the air here on the East Coast.
I love our four seasons... I just wish the cold season was 1. not quite so cold and 2. much shorter. Like... from Dec 1 - Jan 2. Then summer.
Doing so much living these days! 😍

:) Good!
Her roommate-to-be is looking for houses and apartments already. She's going to get a job there and they'll live quite happily with their two cats. 😊

She sounds so mature. :)
I too would love an airstream! We're downsizing next time, either Class A, B, or C, and airstream is a possibility if we decide on travel trailer. No slides and more compact.

Post photos when you get something! :)
*long distance hugs!* 🤗

:hug:
Oh thank you so muchly much! It's a mighty weird and fulfilling life!

Normal is boring. :)
NARM North American Reciprocal Museum Association

Yeah... I would never have gotten that.
*BIGGER HUGS!* 🤗

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter