London hotel

linetbo

DIS Veteran
Hello, I need a hotel in London to stay for 2 nights after my cruise. Best area an hotels in London to stay? Thank you

Hello, I need a hotel in London to stay for 2 nights after my cruise. Best area an hotels in London to stay? Thank you
Define "best".

Cost?
Location?
Transportation availability?
Things to see/do?
Just a place to sleep?
Hotel amenities?
Room size?

We stayed at St Ermin’s in London. It is a marriott property I believe and was very nice. Close walking distance to many sights and places to shop/eat. They had family rooms that fit 5, which was hard to find in a London.

My son and I stayed a night at the Doubletree in Westminster at 30 John Islip Street. Really nice room (and big), with a good breakfast. Walking distance of parliament and the abbey and lots of other stuff. So close to the Thames.

Mayfair ! Four Seasons Mayfair ! I would also suggest Taj 51 or Clardiges
Mayfair is perfect

I agree. We really prefer the Mayfair area around Hyde Park Corner, although it's not super budget-friendly. We found it pretty easy to walk to lots of places from there, plus of course there's the tube and taxis.

We've stayed at the Marriott County Hall several times. It's along the Thames River, right next to the London Eye and across the street from Big Ben. There is a tube station there, as well. Very convenient and almost every tourist attraction is within walking distance. :)

I agree. We really prefer the Mayfair area around Hyde Park Corner, although it's not super budget-friendly. We found it pretty easy to walk to lots of places from there, plus of course there's the tube and taxis.
You can walk to every museum , most parks, and some nice shops and food too. And I really did like dining at the 'the square ' does this make sound like. a snob?

personally for my money I would rather be in Mayfair then Knightsbridge. Even though harrods is okay.

Of course you could stay near the cruise ship port at four seasons Hampshire never been. And see Stonehenge and maybe Windsor

You can walk to every museum , most parks, and some nice shops and food too. And I really did like dining at the 'the square ' does this make sound like. a snob?

personally for my money I would rather be in Mayfair then Knightsbridge. Even though harrods is okay.

Nah, not in my book anyway. We always stay in that general vicinity, too. Haven't been lucky enough to stay at the new Four Seasons, though. We need to book a room for 3 and that puts us way over budget if we stay there. ;) Good area to walk to shopping, too.

Nah, not in my book anyway. We always stay in that general vicinity, too. Haven't been lucky enough to stay at the new Four Seasons, though. We need to book a room for 3 and that puts us way over budget if we stay there. ;) Good area to walk to shopping, too.
do you mean ten trinity?

do you mean ten trinity?

They redid the one in Mayfair a few years ago, so I was referring to that one, but I guess it's not all that "new" anymore. I don't get to London very often, sadly. Thought about trying the one by the Tower, but didn't book it. Thinking Kensington for our next trip, but on the end by HPC still.

OP - it also depends if you need a room that can fit more than 2 people or not. That limits the choices in my experience.

They redid the one in Mayfair a few years ago, so I was referring to that one, but I guess it's not all that "new" anymore. I don't get to London very often, sadly. Thought about trying the one by the Tower, but didn't book it. Thinking Kensington for our next trip, but on the end by HPC still.
its really good!!!!

We stayed at the Doubletree in Victoria. Hotel was nice and directly across from Victoria station where you can take the tube or trains to get around. Walking distance to Buckingham palace and St James Park.

We stayed at the Lancaster Gate Hotel. The hotel was very clean, friendly staff, and the rooms are BIG for a European hotel room. While it's a bit far from the city center, we liked it better than others we had stayed in closer to all of the attractions. There is a metro near by and the bus transportations is great too. Enjoy your trip!

Our first visit to London was July this year. We stayed at Premier Inn London St Pancras and Premier Inn London Kings Cross. We chose those because of price and transportation access (6 Tube Lines, Eurostar and National Rail) Also an easy walk to Euston Station. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

We stayed at the Lime Tree near Victoria Station. Nice rooms, Breakfast that will keep you going all day. Not inexpensive - not Expensive either.

Between the Victoria and Sloan underground stops. Less than a 15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter