London hotel

We stayed at the Doubletree in Victoria. Hotel was nice and directly across from Victoria station where you can take the tube or trains to get around. Walking distance to Buckingham palace and St James Park.
I'm staying at the Doubletree, Victoria in the future. I'm glad you liked it. Do you have any tips? Did you take the tube or trains to get around? I'm nervous since I've never been to London.

I'm staying at the Doubletree, Victoria in the future. I'm glad you liked it. Do you have any tips? Did you take the tube or trains to get around? I'm nervous since I've never been to London.
We took the gatwick express to Victoria station then used the tube to get around London. The tube is very easy and will get you pretty close to most attractions in the area. I would recommend looking at the tube map and figuring out which stops are close to things you want to see. Also you can order a visitor Oyster card online for the tube that you prepay before you go and can top off at the stations.

I just saw Two Premier Inn's at good locations and are crazy cheap. Is this just because the rooms are small?

I saw the Sanctuary House Hotel that looked really cool but it was a bit more. Anyone stayed there?

We are thinking about doing a day trip to Paris so we will hardly be in the room. So trying to get intel on some places.

FYI I called DCL yesterday and the only option was the Hyatt at $1440 for 2 nights!! :eek:

I just saw Two Premier Inn's at good locations and are crazy cheap. Is this just because the rooms are small?

I saw the Sanctuary House Hotel that looked really cool but it was a bit more. Anyone stayed there?

We are thinking about doing a day trip to Paris so we will hardly be in the room. So trying to get intel on some places.

FYI I called DCL yesterday and the only option was the Hyatt at $1440 for 2 nights!! :eek:

A Premier Inn usually consists of a double bed, futon style bed/couch (which could sleep 2 kids) and an ensuite bathroom. I would call it a standard size room. They usually provide tea and coffee facilities. They are no frills but defintely comfortable and usually in great spots.

We took the gatwick express to Victoria station then used the tube to get around London. The tube is very easy and will get you pretty close to most attractions in the area. I would recommend looking at the tube map and figuring out which stops are close to things you want to see. Also you can order a visitor Oyster card online for the tube that you prepay before you go and can top off at the stations.
Thank you! :-)

Thanks smacmillan! It sounds like it will be fine for this trip since it's just my wife and I.

We stayed at St Ermin’s in London. It is a marriott property I believe and was very nice. Close walking distance to many sights and places to shop/eat. They had family rooms that fit 5, which was hard to find in a London.
My family and I will be staying at the St. Ermin a the end of August before a cruise. Our travel agent recommended it because of the "family room." When you were there, did you then go to Dover for a cruise? What transportation did you use? We will be staying the night before right by the cruise terminal but I have yet to plan all our other transportation. Thanks for the info.

My family and I will be staying at the St. Ermin a the end of August before a cruise. Our travel agent recommended it because of the "family room." When you were there, did you then go to Dover for a cruise? What transportation did you use? We will be staying the night before right by the cruise terminal but I have yet to plan all our other transportation. Thanks for the info.

Our traveling party made reservations at Premier Inn Kings Cross for a great price. We will stay 3 nights prior to the cruise and can easily connect to the Tube and train directly to Dover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter