Lockers/Bag Free question

I’ve never heard of a three prongs fanny pack. I’ve tried googling it and basically came up with everyone on the disboards asking about it. What is it?
lol

The Kipling Multiple is one that has a three prong clasp. I know there are many others, but that’s the one I use. It holds a lot, but doesn‘t interfere with the harnesses on the rides it’s allowed on like The Mummy.

Some waist packs have a single or double clasp, and they don’t let them on.

I have the Kipling and really love it.
They are in a lot of stores in Chicagoland.

Is this what you mean by three prong?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 297A9998-D49E-4182-AB77-24BF0F688CD2.jpeg
    297A9998-D49E-4182-AB77-24BF0F688CD2.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 34

How do those of you that don't carry a large bag access drinking water. We want to try not using lockers if there are long lines for it but usually carry at least two waters per person in our big bags.

How do those of you that don't carry a large bag access drinking water. We want to try not using lockers if there are long lines for it but usually carry at least two waters per person in our big bags.
During non-COVID times anyway, I’ve always just stopped to get free cups of water whenever I’m thirsty. :-) I guess I’m not certain whether those locations are currently open, but generally speaking I don’t carry a water bottle at Universal.

(At Disney, however, I find the water to taste terrible so I always order a case of bottled water and throw a couple bottles in my backpack each morning. Since my backpack can go on all the rides at Disney, this works just fine, other than not being very environmentally friendly.)

We try to avoid single use plastic bottles. Like pp, during normal times we got free cups of ice water. Now? I’d probably take something like a Hydroflask bottle that’ll keep water cool all day.

I discovered Sunday that they don’t fill personal bottles anymore. The first tm did. A few hours later I needed an another refill and that tm said they’re not allowed and filled a plastic cup twice and dumped it in my bottle. This really irritates me- it’s so environmentally unfriendly. There’s no difference between refilling someones bottle at a traditional soda machine and guests refilling their own bottles at freestyle machines.

. There’s no difference between refilling someones bottle at a traditional soda machine and guests refilling their own bottles at freestyle machines.

I’d say that a major difference would be that the TM has to actually touch each guest’s water bottle - and then once they’ve touched your water bottle, and another guest’s, and another guest’s, now they’ve got who knows what on their hands. Just generally speaking that’s kind of yucky (don’t get me started on how often I see people at the parks leaving the bathroom without washing their hands), and especially now it seems like a possibly bad idea.

I’m no expert, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt, but this is where my mind goes. :-)

Do the hydroflask bottles need to go in locker? Or do they fit in fanny pack? Are locker lines still long this week?

Do the hydroflask bottles need to go in locker? Or do they fit in fanny pack? Are locker lines still long this week?
I haven’t seen a fanny pack that will accommodate a Hydroflask, but if you could find a three-prong fanny pack that is large enough, then in theory you could certainly put the bottle in the pack when you go on rides. Otherwise, yes, the Hydroflask would need to go in a locker.

I’d say that a major difference would be that the TM has to actually touch each guest’s water bottle - and then once they’ve touched your water bottle, and another guest’s, and another guest’s, now they’ve got who knows what on their hands. Just generally speaking that’s kind of yucky (don’t get me started on how often I see people at the parks leaving the bathroom without washing their hands), and especially now it seems like a possibly bad idea.

I’m no expert, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt, but this is where my mind goes. :-)

Which is why I wipe it off afterwards. :) But the best solution is to just let anyone get water out of the freestyle machines, cup or no cup. What’s the harm? Hardly anyone was using the machines anyways.

Wait times seem really low when I look on the app, I'm thinking it may not be bad at the lockers. Fingers crossed, we arrive in 2 days. :)

Could I get a ruling from the experts? Would something like this be considered a la524784nyard? Looking for something that will hold my phone and also be waterproof. TIA.

Could I get a ruling from the experts? Would something like this be considered a laView attachment 524784nyard? Looking for something that will hold my phone and also be waterproof. TIA.
Someone else may have a different opinion, but I believe this would still be required to be placed in a locker on the "metal detector" rides. On those rides, you can keep a lanyard with your tickets/room key on you and nothing else. They would not permit a cell phone at all, even if its in something like this. For the non-metal detector rides, I think this would be ok. I would suggest putting it inside your shirt before entering the queue and also make sure it doesn't interfere with any ride restraints.

Chelle that is a type of lanyard, and will be allowed on all but Hulk and Rip Red. Though, if a TM thinks it will effect your restraints, you may have to put it in a locker. My DD puts her phone in a zip pocket in her shorts. Otherwise, she sticks it in my Kipling fanny pack, when we are on some rides, where, even in pocket, ride would be not comfortable or allowed, like on the new Potter ride.

Thanks, all. Sounds like I might as well get carry a belt bag and have space for a few more essentials. I appreciate the quick feedback! First time to Universal. We are excited!

This may be a dumb question but are the lockers being wiped down after each person removes their belongings? Family just decided a few weeks ago to change our WDW trip to our first US trip in December so I'm playing catch-up on all the precautions US is taking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter