Lobster Macaroni & Cheese

mzzgera

Earning my crowns..
My apologies in advance if this was previously asked (for some reason, I'm not able to search this forum).. but does anyone know where I can find lobster macaroni and cheese around WDW? My husband and I served this dish at our DFTW back in February and we've been TERRIBLY CRAVING (this is an understatement) it since (especially since we only had time to take 4-5 bites of it). We'll be making a trip back in September and would love to have reservations at a restaurant that proudly serves this wonderful dish *drools*.

Thank you for your help in advance!!

I originally thought Coral Reef but their current offering is a Cheese Manicotti with grilled lobster tail. I was sure I'd had lobster mac and cheese there in the past but it doesn't seem to be on the menu now.

Sure sounds delicious though!!

I swear I saw it on the AllEars menus at the Grand Floridian when I was planning my trip last summer because I had it on my dining spreadsheet. It was listed on the Grand Floridian Cafe as well as their QS Gasparilla's. But there was no sign of it while we were there. Could be a seasonal thing??

I had a horrible experience with the Lobster and Shrimp Mac & Cheese at Coral Reef. YUCK! The pasta was way overcooked and the seafood was very fishy. They had it on the buffet at Hollywood and Vine later in the trip but I didn't try it after Coral Reef.

It definitely was available at Coral Reef, but it was pretty terrible last June. I think they changed the menu since then.

My apologies in advance if this was previously asked (for some reason, I'm not able to search this forum).. but does anyone know where I can find lobster macaroni and cheese around WDW? My husband and I served this dish at our DFTW back in February and we've been TERRIBLY CRAVING (this is an understatement) it since (especially since we only had time to take 4-5 bites of it). We'll be making a trip back in September and would love to have reservations at a restaurant that proudly serves this wonderful dish *drools*.

Last year during Food & Wine at Epcot you could get it at the American Pavilion kiosk.

There are plenty of Lobster treats at Disney that are beyond the more typical steamed version or lobster roll.

For instance:
- Grand Floridian Cafe - hamburger with lobster.
- BlueZoo - lobster and broccoli cheddar stuffed baked potato
- Fulton's - lobster grilled cheese (lunch)

- Narcoossee's - lobster mac'n'cheese (side @ $18)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/narcoossees/menus/

- House of Blues - lobster mac'n'cheese (entree @ $22.50)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney/house-of-blues-restaurant/menus/

Not at the parks, but House of Blues in DTD has it on the menu! (looks likeJZCubed beat me to it).

We had it at Columbia Harbor House in MK and hated it. It was very bright orange cheese and there was more liquid cheese than macaroni or seafood - it was like mac & seafood soup! Very fast food-esque, and presumably imitation seafood as well. Do not recommend.

The lobster mac-n-cheese side at Narcoossee's was pretty good when I had it this December. I also had the one at columbia harbour house. It was just a single lobster claw and was more shrimp. It was ok for a counter service meal but I won't be seeking it out again. The Coral Reef used to have a lobster ravioli dish about 2 years ago which was very tasty in a cream tarragon sauce. It got changed to the current lobster / shrimp pasta with cheese and I haven't heard any positive reviews of it.

Not all lobster mac n cheese is created equal unfortunately!
Totally not disney related but if you're in an area where they have a Capital Grill (Grille?) restaurant, their lobster mac is AMAZING. It'll cost you $14 as a side but it's big enough to share between two people. I usually get one just for myself.

The one at Columbia Harbor House is good for quick service but it is processed Mac & Cheese which I normally do not eat. Had a couple times now and nice change of pace but not anything I would say you have to have. It is only served after 4 pm. Did have the one at House of Blues at DTD and it was very good and will be going back specifically for that again.

Totally not disney related but if you're in an area where they have a Capital Grill (Grille?) restaurant, their lobster mac is AMAZING. It'll cost you $14 as a side but it's big enough to share between two people. I usually get one just for myself.

You made me check out Capital Grille right after I read your post. I'm quite lucky to have one that 10 mins from my house, but never try it since it opened on 2012. Now, I think I will give it a try.

The "Lobster Mac and Cheese" at H&V was good compares to other Mac and Cheese. However, it isn't much lobster in it. Not every scoop comes with lobster. Better to treat it as a plain Mac and Cheese.:)

Agreed it is awesome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter