!!!! LIVE from 6/11 !!!!

What time did you arrive in each of the ports, specifically PV? I am trying to confirm that I will be there in time for a 10 am tour (after finding taxi and driving 20 minutes.

Is your last seaday also COLD? Will long pants and a sweatshirt be enough?

Enjoy your last day. Although my week went slowly I bet you think yours flew by...

Mokehill----we arrived around 7:00 and shore leave started at 7:30. You should be fine.

Thx for all the updates! I heard about "June Gloom" this Spring when I was in Cali. I had never heard of it before! So, what happens in early August? Will the air be warmer then? I guess we will have to do more indoor cruise activities on this trip! :sunny:

This is weird..... We were on the May Repo cruise and the only day that it was cold was the day at sea just before Los Angeles. I cannot believe how much the weather changes....

I love your post ... hope you all are having a great time

Liz

LITTLEKID58 said:
This is weird..... We were on the May Repo cruise and the only day that it was cold was the day at sea just before Los Angeles. I cannot believe how much the weather changes....

I love your post ... hope you all are having a great time

Liz

The good thing for you guys is you came from the south---the equator. All of us originating from CA have to go through that area of windy, cold high seas twice (going and coming back) Thus why we had 3 days of bad weather--the first 2 sea days and the last day. I have heard it will change but I don't think it has changed yet from the sounds of it.

jlawall said:
Thx for all the updates! I heard about "June Gloom" this Spring when I was in Cali. I had never heard of it before! So, what happens in early August? Will the air be warmer then? I guess we will have to do more indoor cruise activities on this trip! :sunny:
Starwood & jlawall - I liv in San Diego and August is one of our warmest months. Normal temp in the high 70s. Might have morning clouds but they usually burn off quickly. Of course things could be different out at sea. :confused3 Once you hit the ports the weather should be quite warm, 80's on up. I found a website for Cabo weather it's caboweather . com (no spaces).

I'll let ya know how July goes once we get back! :flower: ~ Bethany

dreamflight99 said:
Well Judy..we were SUPPOSED to leave @ 5:00 pm...but were delayed by some MISSING guests!! :confused3 The crew waited and waited for them, and they kept "announcing" their names and stateroom numbers over the PA as well. It was the first time I've ever witnessed such an EXTENDED delay by DCL. It was nearly 45 minutes past the hour when the ship began moving out. This happened again, in CABO. I never recall this happening on any other Disney cruise. I always thought if you were LATE, or missed the TIME for departure...they ship would LEAVE. PERIOD. :rolleyes: Lots of differences this time around. :earboy2:

dreamflight99-were you on the June 4th cruise as well??? The two people that almost missed the ship departure happened to be 2 of our tablemates...not the brightest crayon in the box! But they thought that we were departing at 8pm...of course they didn't read the navigator and definently did not read the sign at the gangway! Otherwise they would have known!!! They did feel bad about holding the departure time up. What amazed me is that we were actually pulling away from the dock as the trolley was bringing them back to the ship and we ended up coming back for them. They really did get lucky because they didn't have alot of money on them nor their passports....just photo ID....wonder what they would have done!!!!

Thx for the weather :sunny: update, Bethany!!

One good reason to go on a Disney excursion is that you return in time for departure and if you have a problem the ship waits...(I think!)

Ithink we have officially hijacked their live thread because we are eager to hear more.

Liz & Janese----I had no idea that was your tablemates. I never heard that. I would have been mortified especially when everyone was booing. Did you know that or did they fess up to it over dinner? Too funny.

pppiglet---looked for you guys on the cabo cams today but could not see the boat. I thought I saw the "dreaded deadly tenders". Mango deck was hopping were you guys there? Are you DIS people having fun together ???

Yes missimom....we have Claudio from Italy as our server. Real nice guy. I will see if he will still be here in Aug. Mizar is his assistant.

I haven't talked to any one that did the canopy tour.

We did have pirate night, but we didn't see the show start because our dinner didn't get over with til 10 and the show starts at 9;45. By the time we got up there, it was packed and couldn't see a thing. So skip desert if you want to see the show if you have late dinner. The fire works were great though.

Sorry, no internet last night. No satellite or something so I couldn't get on it.

Matz we had to leave at 5:00 also. We had to wait for a family that was late about 15 mins. Also today in cabo the last tender was suppose to be at 3:30 and a family didn't get back on til 4:30.

We did not like Matzatlan all that much. We did the walking city tour and it was alright, but we had planned to go to a nice lunch and pool at one of the resorts, and the weather was still cold and overcast so we just came back to the ship. We found the peddlers to be much pushier in PV though.

Today was Cabo and it was sunny and 80. We loved it. We did the Harbor cruise and scenic drive. A 40min cruise on a small catamaran that held about 50 or so that went out to the arches. Saw some pelicans and sea lions. A nice cruise. Stay on the bottom deck if you don't like motion! Then they transferred us to some real nice buses and we went to the restaurant that overlooks the bay and you can take a picture of the Magic there. Beautiful scenery. Then they took the ones that wanted to shop to the shopping area and dropped us off right in front of Cabo Wabo. Went in and took pictures, but had a 40min wait for lunch so didn't stay. Shopped and then walked (a long hot walk) to a restaurant on the beach called "The Office". We should have taken a cab! But it was good exercise. The Office was very good and we finally had some mexican food. The mexican buffet on the ship does not really have mexican food. It had weird stuff. So we finally got beans, ceviche, burritos, quesadillas and fish tacos today. The tables are right in the sand on the beach and it's real casual. You can see the area it's in from the ship. Just look for all the blue umbrellas. It also is right next to the Mango Deck, which is suppose to be very good also. We decided not to walk back to the tender area, so we took a water taxi. We thought it was pretty fun! Got back to the ship about 3:45 and it finally took off around 5:00. Real windy and we had our veranda door open and it was just howling thru the room! I thought someone was using the vacuum in the hallway!

Semi formal was tonight and 11:15 dessert buffet. Wow, what a spread!

We also booked another cruise while we were on board!

Everyone agreed that Cabo was the best. Although the departure in Matz. was fun because a Carnival ship was there and lots of people from Matz came out for the departure and that was real cool.

Our tablemates did the snorkeling and said it was great and there were no jelly fish and the water was a lot warmer than expected.

Saw Disney Dreams tonight and it was real good. Twice Charmed was last night and also real good. There is one entertainment guy (Joshua) that is so fun to watch and he also was in charge of 2 of our excursion departs. You can tell he really likes his job!

Ok... lets see if I can remember anything else after I read the rest of this thread!

Debbie

It is great to run into other Dis members. Also, after you go on an excursion you see those people over again and make new friends. On check in day the first day, I met a family from NC. and those are the ones we see the most in passing!

One of the other dis members DH witnessed one of the characters/cm assist. being hit/acosted by a drunk because he wanted his kids to get a picture when it was already time for the Character to be leaving. I leave it to her to post if she wants, since I don't know all the facts. But he said it sure was ugly for the guys kids to have to witness that.

We haven't witnessed anything bad and any negative reports that I read here (bad food, bad service) have not happened to us. I was worried about the new menus some of you said you didn't like, but I didn't have one meal that was bad. Everything was fresh and hot! We have Palo Brunch tomorrow and can't even imagine how good it is going to be! Can you believe it....we haven't even had the time (or empty stomach) to go and try Scoops yet! It's on our "must do" for tomorrow!

Thanks again for listening and hope this helps out a bit. We change the clocks back again tonight, so with my extra hour of sleep and the internet being up tonight, I got to check in! Now to go read some of the other threads! Miss the boards!

Debbie

thanks for the wonderful report I am glad you are having a wonderful cruise we have 8 days to go till we will be on board.

Thanks for all the wonderful reports! I'd really appreciate you asking Claudio whether he'll be onboard in August ~ it would make my daughter's day!

Arlene

Good mroning from the magic!
Is 8:30, or I think it is, not sure what the time is usually as it seems like we're always going forward or back with the clocks. The first 2 days were brutal. We were very tired, but feel like we're back on track now.

Excursions:This is our 3rd DCL cruise and have only ever done one DCL excursion. On this trip, here's what we did.
PV we had planned on taking a water taxi to this island my DH read about in a recent issue of Sunset magazine. We took our time getting off the ship since we had such a long time (boat scheduled to leave at 9:45 or so). When we got to the main street to inquire about the H2O taxi, we had missed it! There is only one and it leaves at 10:30AM. I guess there was no other way over to this island. I'll post the name of the island a bit later, can't remember it now. At any rate, we hooked up with a local Mexi tour company, small family operation. We paid $100.00 for 5 hours in an air conditioned suburban. He took us all over, showed us neighborhoods, then to Chico's paradise for drinks and swimming. A cool place nestled in the jungle, where the kids (DS14; DD 11) could swim and jump off the rocks, also a pretty waterfall. After we were there for a bit a DCL excursion showed up. We left, and went on to a little local place for lunch. Amazing shrimp tacos, salsa and guacamole, not to mention the hand made maragritas! Abraham, our guide took us to old town for shopping, he said that this is where he and his family shop. Went to a cool pottery factory. He also took us to secluded beach, we stayed there for only a short time, as there were a few jellies in the surf. We got back on board about 5-ish. Showered and changed and DH and I went back out for a drink and shopping around the dock. We are in the market for a 3-4 caret Tanzanite. Have priced nice ones at $400. per caret and at Tanzanite International, right at the pier, they wanted $700./caret! Needless to say we left with NO jewel.

More later, Mazatlan and Cabo were awesome.

Have our Charaqcter breakfast in about an hour.

Adios,
Tami

Thx so much to all the posters! The details are great!! Sounds like the weather is still touchy. Let us know how the ride home has gone!! :moped:

It's 4:00 and we are on the way back. The sun is just peeking out from the clouds, but it is real cold and windy! We never got to experience the pool this cruise. Oh well, next time.. We did finally just have some ice cream from Scoops! We will skip the show and pack before dinner since they want the luggage out in the hall by 10pm. Usually we are not back from dinner til 10:15.

Palo brunch was awesome. DH ate too much and took a nap most of the afternoon.

We had a helicopter hovering over this morning. He saw I was taking pictures and came right in front of our veranda and waved! Tonight is the best of menu. Looking forward to it.

Debbie

pppiglet---so you guys had a different final night menu? Disney must be trying different things every week for future planning to see what we all like the best. We did not have Best of menu only Til we meet again. Was it yummy?????

Thx to all on this cruise who sent such wonderful updates......you guys are the best!! :goodvibes

Hi...finally home on my on computer with my sea legs still on! I was wrong about the menu. It was the Til we meet again. Our server had told us the Best of but he was wrong. All the food was excellent in my opinion. Last nights dessert was the only thing I didn't like on the whole cruise. It was the Banana creme brulee with fudge sauce.(only there was no fudge sauce, just chips) Wish I would have ordered the baked alaska instead.

I didn't like late seating, but because of that, we did have the late and last breakfast of the morning. (8:55) . We left our room at 8:30 after watching other Disers walk out of the terminal from our veranda. Got to wave goodbye to lots of people! Breakfast was over at 10:00 and it took til 11:00 to get completely off the ship and thru customs. We were in the short line w/passports. Took our own luggage to the car and we were home by 12:00.

Our tablemate (Stacia, the DL artist) gave each of us at our table a picture that she drew according to our likes for DL. Of course I got one of piglet! Saying "Happy Winds-day" which was great because our whole cruise was pretty windy. Two nights were just impossible to be outside for us! My DH got a tiki bird (Jose, real cool!) and DS got Roger Rabbit. She filled us in on lots of Disney Knowledge and fan club things. What an interesting tablemate.

Ok, back to laundry.....I did 4 loads on the ship, but it's still here! I probably won't do a trip report, because I posted here and won't remember much details, but we did take 1003 pictures to refer back to if you have any questions. Also will try to answer questions any posts on separate threads! I still have to figure out the whole "online photo album" thing. Will post pics on a separate thread when I get it done.

Thanks everyone, and I am hoping to get to San Pedro for the send off back to Florida!

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter