liv luvs disney's 2nd TR attempt

We must have been mourning Bruce, Lisa, Molly, and Fudge's departure because this day was kind of blah. Of course it could have been the belly ache too. Regardless, we just took a few more pictures for the day and they were of the camp site.
100_2264.jpg

100_2265.jpg

Gretchen's very first pinecone Mickey head:
100_2266.jpg

100_2267.jpg

100_2268.jpg

WOW! This is one, OOOO-HHHHH-AAA-NNNNN-AAAAA, Excuse me!

Great TR. I have really, OOOO-HHHHH-AAA-NNNNN-AAAAA, Excuse me!

Enjoyed it, and I know, OOOO-HHHHH-AAA-NNNNN-AAAAA, Excuse me!

Ya’ll enjoyed it too. OOOO-HHHHH-AAA-NNNNN-AAAAA, Excuse me!

Thanks so much for sharing. OOOO-HHHHH-AAA-NNNNN-AAAAA, Excuse me!

:rotfl2:

I agree. Liv's report is top notch. But must you be so hateful?

I think I will just go back to the Resort and Community boards where all the nice people hang out. :lmao:

Oh, come on, Dave.

Enough of the whining.

How is telling the truth being hateful?

I am starting to see things from your girlfriend's point of view now.:lmao:

OK- That is funny.

Especially how you posted it twice. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

TCD

Sheww...I don't know if you feel better after all that, but I sure do. I beleive I'm ready to eat again. :rotfl2:

Good Lawd SC Dad! I do believe you've been enjoying this TR! :goodvibes

Great TR Olivia!

I'm still lookin' for those boring parts you spoke of.

Can't find 'em anywhere. :confused3

Found a few more pictures from day 6. Mr. Bob offered to take our pictures and afterward we got to talking.
314.jpg

After talking, it was a bit too dark to do too much riding, but Gage did manage to get a few pictures before we got back to the 1200 loop.
316.jpg

317.jpg

315.jpg

Day 7 was Disney's Hollywood Studios. Last year, Grammy had to make a quick exit from this park and really wanted to return to it this year. But she didn't. :(
First up...
318.jpg

Then...
319.jpg

We wanted to experience TSM sooo bad last year, but the wait time was 90 minutes. This year it was 80, but we decided since we had nothing to loose, we'd just wait. It was a good thing we tried it becuase the actual wait time was only 40 minutes and we LOVED it!
320.jpg

321.jpg

322.jpg

324.jpg

326.jpg

327.jpg

Gage insisted on riding with me. Gretchen usually does and was not too happy she was not going to this time.
329.jpg

At the last minute, a rare sense of brotherly love came from out of the blue and Gage let Gretchen get her way.:eek: She rode with me.
332.jpg

333.jpg

334.jpg

Back to...
337.jpg

338.jpg

339.jpg

We went "home" for a little lunch.
340.jpg

Then we went to AK just to ride EE again. (Keep in mind my motion sickness. Often times, we translates to Gage and Gretchen.;))
341.jpg

After riding EE, the kids begged to go back to DHS and ride TSM again. So, we did.
342.jpg

343.jpg

344.jpg

Gage rode with me this time. It feels so good to be loved.:lovestruc
346.jpg

After circling the park and doing some other attractions, we decided to call it a day. Donnie had told me he was going to be at the Fort on this day and would "look us up." Grammy made a big ol' mess of fried shrimp and french fries thinking there was going to be another mouth to feed. We didn't hear from him. Jerk! J/K-sort of. This is what was left over that could have been his.
350.jpg

Look at all that salt!! Man it was good!!!!!!

TCD says the GUAG is a GAG. That sounds even less appetizing, doesn't it?:laughing:

Nummy! ;)

Please tell Molly I am so sorry I am misspelled her name! We sure have enjoyed looking back over our pictures. Every time we get to Molly and Fudge, Gretchen says, "Ooh, look at Molly and Fudge!" She acts like they are her best friends.

I didn't even notice! I have to admit that I ooh and aah over them too, but I think I am a bit biased. :thumbsup2

I am so happy for you that Bruce showered before getting on the road. That would have been one long (and probably stinky) day on the road had he not.

Not half as much as I was!!! :rotfl:

I can't eat sweets without eating somehting savory first. Okay, I probably can, I just don't like to.

Fair enough!

Sorry to revive this thing again, but I'm determined to finish it!

Day 8 was a Saturday and we wanted to avoid the weekend crowds at the parks, so we enjoyed FW.

Our day started with:
354.jpg

355.jpg

356.jpg

357.jpg

358.jpg

359.jpg

360.jpg

361.jpg

362.jpg

While running back and forth doing laundry, we also played games on the picnic table for hours. It was great just hanging out and the weather was beautiful! Before long, it was time for lunch. This was all that was left over.
363.jpg

Later that afternoon, we received news that a precious friend ours had passed away. He had surgery earlier in the week and without any reason, took a turn for the worse some time later in the evening. We had already discussed the possibility of leaving early and going back to TN to be with the family. They told Lance to tell us to stay and make memories. It was very hard for us not to be there because this family has been through A LOT with our family, but in the end, it's what they wanted. I spent the second part of the afternoon terribly sad and finally decided to go to DTD to eat my sadness away. Gretchen went with me.
364.jpg

She's so sweet and always cheers me up. This helped with my mood too.
365.jpg

Sorry I ate it all before taking a picture. There was nothing left for this little guy.
366.jpg

I did share this with Gretchen though.
367.jpg

It was good.

While waiting for the bus to take us back to FW, a CM gave Gretchen some bubbles.
368.jpg

369.jpg

370.jpg

371.jpg

Sorry to revive this thing again, but I'm determined to finish it!

You'd be sorrier if you didn't! ;)

Our day started with:
354.jpg

355.jpg

356.jpg

357.jpg

358.jpg

359.jpg

Those are awesome! Where did you get the forms?

Later that afternoon, we received news that a precious friend ours had passed away. He had surgery earlier in the week and without any reason, took a turn for the worse some time later in the evening. We had already discussed the possibility of leaving early and going back to TN to be with the family. They told Lance to tell us to stay and make memories. It was very hard for us not to be there because this family has been through A LOT with our family, but in the end, it's what they wanted. I spent the second part of the afternoon terribly sad and finally decided to go to DTD to eat my sadness away. Gretchen went with me.

She's so sweet and always cheers me up. This helped with my mood too.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Gretchen is such a sweetheart for cheering you up.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Liv. It's a helpless feeling being so far away when something happens. You can't control it though.

But, that sundae was the same way I would have handled the situation. Well done! And the pancakes look smack yummy too.

Day 9 was filled with all kinds of activities. We had an 8:00 trail ride that Gretchen had been wanting to do for a looooong time. She loves horses. I do not. When I was a youngling, my best friend had a horse that bucked me off and I landed on my rumpus. Not only did it scare me half to death, my rumpus was sore for weeks. After I was bucked off, my friend suggested that I just walk the horse. I did. It then bit a chunk out of the back of my arm. So, though I think horses are beautiful to watch, I have had no intentions in the last 30 years to ever straddle one again. Now Gretchen knows my plight with horses, but encouraged me to "face my fears." Seriously, that's what my 10 year old said to me. How does one combat that?:rolleyes1 So, on October 3, 2010, I did something I thought I'd never do again! I rode a horse!!

I got very little sleep the previous night. Between the sadness of the loss of my friend and severe anxiety over the horse ride, I got about 3 hours of sleep. But I knew Gretchen was looking forward to this, so I wanted to at least "act" excited.
Good morning, sunshine.:)
374.jpg

She had to have closed toe and heel shoes but only brought flip-flops and Crocs, so she had to borrow her brother's shoes. (He never knew. He didn't get out of bed until after we returned.)
376.jpg

We got ready in about 10 minutes.
375.jpg

And off we went...
377.jpg

378.jpg

380.jpg

Oh this creature makes me a nervous wreck!
381.jpg

Not Gretchen!
382.jpg

I was terrified! But the instructors ensured me over and over (and over and over) that everything would be just fine.
383.jpg

384.jpg

386.jpg

387.jpg

There were only 2 other ladies that were on this trail ride. It was another mother-daughter team.
388.jpg

389.jpg

The workers were great. Believe me, they were very patient with handling me and my fears. I think Gretchen wished she had ridden with someone else.:rotfl2:
391.jpg

These were our horses after we had dismounted. I liked them much better from afar.
392.jpg

As soon as we got back to our site, we got Gage up, had some breakfast and headed to Typhoon Lagoon. Didn't even fool with taking the camera. I 'bout froze to death the whole 2 hours we were there. We rode everything at least twice. There might have been 100 people there. IT WAS DEAD!

We came back to the site for some lunch. Grammy told us Donnie had come by and would meet up with us later. Seemed like he had said that once before and was a no show. However, Grammy planned on cooking some extra supper in case he decided to be a man of his word this go around.:rolleyes1

By now, Papa was on his way to the Fort. Remember, he brought us, set us up, and left us 8 days ago. While we were waiting on him, I took Gretchen to make a tie die Mickey shirt.
393.jpg

394.jpg

395.jpg

396.jpg

397.jpg

398.jpg

399.jpg

400.jpg

401.jpg

402.jpg

403.jpg

This was not the same look she had when we unrolled the shirt two days later. Let's just say that something went terribly wrong and that $20 Hanes t-shirt is a sleep shirt.

A couple of scenes on our way back to the camper...
404.jpg

405.jpg

We came home to Grammy's stuffed pork chops. YUMMY! She said I hope your friends doesn't mind canned peas and boxed mac and cheese. Of course we never found out if he did or not because once again, Donnie was a no show!
But here's what we ate.
406.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter