Little white Lie???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness! I can't believe that you would give such an evil company any of your money! Some of us just expressed our personal opinion. I thought that is what the DIS is about - an exchange of ideas :confused:

Goodness! I can't believe that you would give such an evil company any of your money! Some of us just expressed our personal opinion. I thought that is what the DIS is about - an exchange of ideas :confused:

I agree 100% if you feel so poorly about the company why are you supporting them in any way? You do know there is Universal if you are looking for a theme park!

What is sad is that being honest and not a thief is called being on a high horse or acting morally superior, how people have changed..........

OK to all of you self righteous, morally superior (than me obviously since I had to even post the original question) over zealous flamers: I have decided, what I am going to do, so thank you very much for your input.:scared1:

AND just so you ALL know Disney has spent Millions of Dollars on thier latest marketing "little white lie" of "FREE ON YOUR BIRTHDAY" Disney was ALWAYS free on your birthday.It was one of the ideals that Walt himself, insisted upon, so all of you who have bitten into that little lie can eat it up with a spoon. AND further more; Disney tickets used to NEVER EXPIRE automatically, this wasn't an "add on feature" they dreamed and charged buku bucks for as a way of making extra money... I bought tickets when my oldest daughter was 2 (12 years ago) and didn't use the last day due to illness, and when I asked for a refund they told me, tickets never expire... SOOO that marketing genious was introduced sometime in the last 12 years. and I am not 100% certain on this one : but Disney also changed the age from "3 and under" to "under 3", because I was allowed in free on my first trip when I was 3 in 1976. Unless my parents lied, in which case would explain what is wrong with me now:rotfl2:, oh the horror of trying to save money from a company that is really fleecing its loyal followers all with a smile ....:worship:
but thanks to the few non judgemental, kind people out there!!!:cheer2:
PS I am not disclosing which way I decided, let ya all wonder a little more:rotfl:

Wow. What a post. “Self righteous, morally superior” because you don’t lie? Interesting. Especially when it’s a lie that is actually stealing. I guess the world is filled with holier than thou’s and the prisons just have the “normal” people. Sorry if that sounds snotty (and yes, I do know it is a bit of a stretch, but so is what you said), but with that attitude it is certainly hard to whip up any sympathy for your predicament. And I kind of did, up until this post.

And, Disney has changed their ticket pricing quite considerably over the years. Most the people on here do, in fact, remember when no expiration was standard—FYI so was hopping. What Disney did was lower general admission prices and charged for the other options. Guess what? All tickets sold prior to the change are still good. That change took place in 2005. Not exactly a secret. That’s when they became “Magic Your Way” when it was just called “Park Hoppers.” And for all those that don’t add this option (I never would as we take long trips), it actually saves them a lot of money, especially if they skip hopping. I personally, prefer the other option. We hop.

Also, if you look at the history of tickets. Disney has always charge for age 3. As a matter of fact, it was $3-$15.25, depending on what type of ticket book you purchased. Yup, Disney used to charge you for the type of ride you rode, and how many of which. That’s where E-ticket comes from. See, you had to pay to enter and then pay to ride. And, while I can’t say for certain (since I don’t remember), from what my parents say, everyone (even those under 2) had to have ride tickets. I guess your parents did lie. Or you remember incorrectly from when you were 3. Or you went at 2, before your third birthday.

I can’t find anything on reference to getting in free on your birthday—ever—except for this promotion. I even talked to a guest services CM. Um, nope, sorry, not that they *ever* know of (and they’ve been working there a long time). I went through reference books on Walt Disney too, and while I didn’t spend a great deal of time looking, nothing there either. I’m not saying this is wrong—just no documentation so I’m assuming with great certainty this is incorrect. If you do have a reference, I’d be interested.

Disney isn’t lying to anyone. Their prices and policies are clear as day, even if you don’t like them. They are a business and are allowed to change ticket pricing anytime they like. If you don’t like, just don’t go. Personally, I think there is still a good deal of value. If you can’t afford, don’t go. Disney isn’t a “must-do” or a right. It’s for those you enjoy it and choose to pay for it—some through simple, disposable income, others by scrimping and saving.

Oh, I could care less what you chose. Although, I'm pretty sure you took the lying route.

as a PP said....Why the heck are you going if you think they are so 'OVER PRICED" adn are lying to you and cheating you. Dont go...Believe me, you wont be missed. It just leaves more space for everyone who actually plays by the rules and is "morally superior" and thinks disney is worth it

Dang...i must be a super morally superior person. I'm like teh ultimate rules follower...not sayign ive never lied but NOT once has it affected someone else or a business and stealing something. My lies are mostly

mom: "what are you doing?"
me: "i'm doign my homework" and i'm really here on the DIS...haha

I think she is busy changing her reservation to 1 adult and all children.;):lmao:

Hmmm.......I wonder if I make my DH wear a diaper will they make me prove he is over 3?:idea::laughing::laughing::laughing:

As long as he barely eats anything you should be fine. And don't worry, he doesn't need a diaper, Disney has no right to ask you to prove his age. If you say he's under three, then he's under three! ;)

OH, AND BY-THE-WAY: it's not as if Disney isn't going to get my money either way I decide, either on a full(OVERLY PRICED)admission price and meal plan and less souveniers, pictures extras etc. or lot's and lots of those ( GROSSLY OVER PRICED) items to make my children smile and have memories to bring home... either way the budget is the budget...:teacher: and I have to stick to it...

So because you are spending money at an establishment, that gives you the right to steal from them as well?

If you don't think Disney is a good choice for your family cost wise, then DON'T GO!!! A trip to Disney World is NOT YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT!!!

Geeze, would you go to a store, buy a dress and some shoes, and then steal the jewelry, cause after all, you are on a budget and already spent a boat load of money of the dress and shoes?:confused3

Your complaining that park passes used to cost a lot less is ridiculous. Everything used to cost less than it does now! That does not give anyone the right to run around STEALING!!!!

On another post it sounds like you are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Maybe you should stay at a Moderate or Value resort. That way you would have more money for souvineers and not have to resort to stealing.

OK to all of you self righteous, morally superior (than me obviously since I had to even post the original question) over zealous flamers: I have decided, what I am going to do, so thank you very much for your input.:scared1:

AND just so you ALL know Disney has spent Millions of Dollars on thier latest marketing "little white lie" of "FREE ON YOUR BIRTHDAY" Disney was ALWAYS free on your birthday.It was one of the ideals that Walt himself, insisted upon, so all of you who have bitten into that little lie can eat it up with a spoon. AND further more; Disney tickets used to NEVER EXPIRE automatically, this wasn't an "add on feature" they dreamed and charged buku bucks for as a way of making extra money... I bought tickets when my oldest daughter was 2 (12 years ago) and didn't use the last day due to illness, and when I asked for a refund they told me, tickets never expire... SOOO that marketing genious was introduced sometime in the last 12 years. and I am not 100% certain on this one : but Disney also changed the age from "3 and under" to "under 3", because I was allowed in free on my first trip when I was 3 in 1976. Unless my parents lied, in which case would explain what is wrong with me now:rotfl2:, oh the horror of trying to save money from a company that is really fleecing its loyal followers all with a smile ....:worship:
PS I am not disclosing which way I decided, let ya all wonder a little more:rotfl:

OK, that pretty much says it all right there.

I hope your children enjoy their trip, and please don't whine when all the people who lie about their kids' ages cause you to pay higher prices next time you go. Seeing that Disney is already overpriced and all.

And Disney has not always been free on your birthday. Have you ever actually been to Disney on your birthday and gotten in free (when someone wasn't lying that you were two years old)?

Us "morally superior", non-stealing DISers prefer the facts to be straight.

Your complaining that park passes used to cost a lot less is ridiculous. Everything used to cost less than it does now! That does not give anyone the right to run around STEALING!!!!

Tickets cost more now in part because of people stealing admissions. Do you think the OP really doesn't see the connection? Disney has to make up the revenue from the deadbeats somehow.

OH, AND BY-THE-WAY: it's not as if Disney isn't going to get my money either way I decide, either on a full(OVERLY PRICED)admission price and meal plan and less souveniers, pictures extras etc. or lot's and lots of those ( GROSSLY OVER PRICED) items to make my children smile and have memories to bring home... either way the budget is the budget...:teacher: and I have to stick to it...

If it is so "overpriced" and so awful than why even bother going?? :confused3

I agree 100% if you feel so poorly about the company why are you supporting them in any way? You do know there is Universal if you are looking for a theme park!

What is sad is that being honest and not a thief is called being on a high horse or acting morally superior, how people have changed..........

Sad right?? My daughter is exposed to a child who was taught to lie by her parents and it was upsetting to my child. Of course the fact the same child would take toys from her class and stick them in her panties to steal also was a bit more than my child or any of the other kids needed to see or learn. Very sad world at times.

:thumbsup2

While there are some who take every policy and rule literally, I would venture a guess that there are some DISers out there who have forgotten about those "white lies" they may have told in their time ("Um, no Officer, I was not aware that it was 25 mph," -- oh the horror of "stealing" from the township should you get out of that ticket! -- "Miss X, we will be taking our child on an 'educational trip' and ask that he please be excused" (even though we know the school policy says that vacations are not permitted -- hey, we're SAVING a few dollars in the off-season, it's necessary, etc, etc!)
I don't mean to start any new debates as this one certainly has enough fuel to feed a thousand fires, but simply don't understand the attacks on the OP or anyone else who may save a few dollars because their child missed a cut-off date by a few weeks as criminal, fraudulent thieves. :confused3

The line Disney has drawn in the sand is black and white. Children that are age 3 and over must have a paid for park admission. There is no clause for kids that are 3 years and 6 months old. Or even for kids 3 years and 1 day old. Three years and older need a ticket. So yes, if you are not buying a ticket for your 3 and 2 months old child you are indeed stealing.

And I have never stolen from my township, cause in 26 years of driving I have never gotten a speeding ticket (knock on wood)!

NJ-exactly right! For some reason I don't think a bunch of rouge three year olds not going on rides and not eating much food are breaking Disney and forcing them to raise ticket prices. ridiculous....I think charging for three year olds is crazy anyway, I love disney but seriously? I would not judge someone for going either way on this. I am actually really surprised at the intense reaction on this. It actually made me feel really badly that people would be so judgmental...there are very few people in this world who have made the right decision in every situation. So if you are not perfect I would save judgement. opinion is one thing telling someone they are going to raise a bad child if they do this is another:sad1:

I so love how people try to justify stealing. Great thing to teach your children and whether or not you realize it, they DO learn the behaviors from you. So again when your kids are lying to you in the future and you go to punish them than please remember it is what YOU taught them.

And stealing and lying are not always the same thing. Several have admitted to stealing. Guess you shouldn't take kids to any amusement park if you cannot afford to pay for their tickets at 3. I am not perfect but I sure as heck am NOT a thief either. My kids wouldn't even let me lie about their ages if I wanted to. They always were so excited about how old they were.

This thread inspired a discussion of ages at our house tonight. DGD explained it to me like this: Grandpa is 38. Grandma is 29. And they have been married for forty years.

was that the disney rule is three years old, above three pay for a ticket. The problem with this post is ALL THE JUDGING people have thrown into their posts. good word...the rule is three years old, if that is your point say it,period end. attacking the poor woman and her kids? not necessary, she came here for advise, if it had been given in a productive way it would have been better. Have you read some of these posts? people have been vicious.

You know what cracks me up on threads like this? All the "stealers" moaning about how Disney is so expensive and they have to budget somewhere blah blah blah. Disney is not some right. It is not a need. You are not entitled to it. Heck I would love to go to many places but I simply cannot afford them so I will save longer and wait to go. I don't get people who simply cannot understand that the price is what the price is. Pay it or find something else you can afford to do. :sad2:

The sad thing is that we could probably offer savings ideas to save at least $200 on her trip, but to some, it is easier to just lie and get things the easy way.

The argument is always that the trip is on a budget, so they can't afford to pay for their child's ticket and food. But who on here is not on a budget? Most of us don't have unlimited funds, but we find ways to work within our budget by using codes, downgrading our resort, not hopping, buying tickets from Undercover Tourist, eating breakfast in our rooms, etc. There are plenty of legitimate ways to save money on a Disney trip, and DISers are always happy to help with that. But I'm amazed when people expect the DIS to support lying and cheating Disney. It's not what this board is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter