List: What you should say to your school aged child in the car/plane before

* This is your vacation too so play nice & make smart decisions.

* This is going to be a Great Vacation!!!

* Let's have FUN- FUN- FUN!!

I think they grow up too fast so enjoy the moment. This cruise goes by too quickly. Don't sweat the small stuff;)

Originally posted by plutojudy
. Also don't play with the food at the buffet.

Or sneeze on it. Use the kleenex in your pocket.

Carla

We tell our DD to have a great time as we are dropping her off on the first night out(Saturday) at the kids club and that we will see her on Saturday morning when the ship docks again at Cape Canaveral.

I like the "mind your manners." It's always a good idea to mention. Plus, I would put a dollar limit on charge priviledges (I think you can do this), and let the child know what it is in advance. I would address situations as they arise -- if the child decides he wants to hang with his parents instead of the labs (it happens), you may not have to worry as much about ground rules. So "going with the flow" is a good thing for the parents to remember as well so the kids can have fun.:D

Uh, you may want to rethink that family dinner thing, MANY times my DD prefers to eat in the club with the other kids...and that was fine with us. It's her vacation too. :)

I think the rest of the ideas are great, good common sense for kids regarding courtesy and safety. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter