List: What you should say to your school aged child in the car/plane before

professorandmom

My favorite girls!
I'd like to start a list of suggestions on what to cover for the school aged kids before you get to the boat (but not too early because they won't remember) - rules, guidelines whatever...what do they need to know (besides have fun) ~ what are your suggested rules???? (I know every family is different and some suggestions will not work for everyone..........)

To start:

If you break any other rules - you lose lab signout privileges

memorize your room number

You must eat with the family at dinner

If you charge more than you have, the fine will be these extra chores...(in addition to repayment of the extra amount)

Here is how you sign for smoothies, etc...............and tell them when to print and when to write

......anyone else

Barbara

Do not play on the elevators.

Remember to remove your underwear before donning swimsuit.

No one is allowed to leave the cabin during daylight hours unless slathered with SPF 35 or above.

You must keep your KTTWC on lanyard around neck at all times.

Overcharge?? Ha! No charge.

Carla

We traveled with six grands under the age of 7, who were w/us most of the time as they did not want to do clubs/labs. Figured with all the cousins together they would be a handful to manage, but they really surprised us and behaved quite well. Dinners together were the best!

Some of the things I remember we talked w/them about:

Mind your manners

Try to make a new friend

Do not play w/ or in elevator

A rest period is good to catch that second wind

No running or screaming, especially in hallways

Know name, cabin #, parents names

Have all belongings labeled.

Always travel w/a buddy (for older)
ours were not allowed anywhere w/o an adult)

Always let parents know where you are going

Lotion, lotion, lotion.....wipes for hands

Above all, have a wonderful vacation w/Mickey. :smooth:

Mommy and daddy love you very much, but we are going away for a week's vacation and you'll be staying with grandma and grandpa :)

OK, I think I've been lurking on these boards about a year and one half and NEVER have laughed so hard - great post gometros! Thanks,
Barb

Originally posted by gometros
Mommy and daddy love you very much, but we are going away for a week's vacation and you'll be staying with grandma and grandpa :)

ROTFLMAO!! This is the best one.:teeth:

Woobie

Gometros - I have to agree with professorandmom and Woobie, that was definitely one of the funniest posts that I have ever read. Thanks for brightening up my night!

Not to go into anyones stateroom other than your own

Leave a note were you will be For kids with sighout privelages

Remember other people are there to enjoy and relax

Originally posted by gometros

ROFLMAO!!! Let me wipe the tears. :p I WISH!!! But really, I am looking forward to seeing them have a good time too. These are some good ideas. We always have DS memorize the room number when we stay away from home. He can remember them from trip to trip. LOL! He asks why we aren't in our old room again. :)

Very funny, dad! You know how much you missed us!! (Which is of course you brought us twice after that.) :cool:

I have also heard people with younger ones that may be coming back to the room alone, like 10 ish, to have a picture of your family or have them draw a picture to put on your stateroom door. That way it is easier to find in case they forget the number in all the excitement. So if you don't do a family photo, you could pass the time with all them contributing to the picture.

Tiffany

I have to second the....do not play on the elevators. Also don't play with the food at the buffet.

Originally posted by vgaskin
I have also heard people with younger ones that may be coming back to the room alone, like 10 ish, to have a picture of your family or have them draw a picture to put on your stateroom door. That way it is easier to find in case they forget the number in all the excitement. So if you don't do a family photo, you could pass the time with all them contributing to the picture.

Tiffany

Good one, I wouldn't have thought of that. (My brother and sister and I are big kids and can remember our stateroom just fine, anyway ;) .

Originally posted by musicalSaranader
Good one, I wouldn't have thought of that. (My brother and sister and I are big kids and can remember our stateroom just fine, anyway ;) .

You maybe, but if your brother has one too many Baha Mamas, who knows whose room he could end up in!

We give family service radios to our kids. No one changes location without notifying Mom and Dad. That way we always know where they are.

Also, don't go into any rooms or invite anyone into ours.

Don't swim alone. Always have a buddy. No lifeguards are on duty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter