• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Linda H's Journal-posts welcome

Hannosmom

DIS Veteran
I thought I better start this now, while I feel brave. I'm going to post my food and exercize here as often as I can. I think I will also get DH to show me how to upload pictures so I can do before and maybe monthly, or every 20 pounds. I'll come back this evening to post my food diary.

Oh goody! Since you said posts are welcome, let me just give you a big GOOD FOR YOU for deciding to journal here! :) Those before and after pictures sound like a GREAT idea to me!!!

Thanks TigH, love to have you visit my journal, anytime!:D

I had 2 deviled eggs for breakfast. Very good, but, about 30 min. after eating them I felt a lot of nausea. Same thing happened yesterday after eating eggs. I called DH ( I was really sick!), he suggested an allergy and that I should try an antihistamine spray. Sure enough, about 20 min. after the spray, I started feeling better. Guess I'll talk to the doc about this. Bummer!

Lunch was 1 cup of my favorite cream cheese/green olive dip with 3 small celery stalks and a boatload of pork rinds. Ok, not really a boatload.

Dinner was 7oz of flounder cooked in butter w/lemon juice. Very yum! And a big green salad. Later I will have a tangerine diet soda with a splash of heavy cream. (thank-you, Jody!)

Exercize, hmm... knew I forgot something. oops. I did shift position in my chair, in front of the computer, quite a few times. Ok, ok, I also did a little housework, made my bed ( Linda in a whiny voice, "its kingsize, and takes alot of effort to go around and around making it up) (just kidding!), laundry--usual stuff. Maybe tomorrow--flylady is starting a whole new "moving in May thing".

Gotta go--"Angel" is on and you all know it's sweeps month.:rolleyes:

May 1, 2003

Dear Diary, OOPs, wrong journal:D

Food today was in line with this WOE ( it took me awhile to figure out what that meant)

I hate this laptop!!! Back to food---

Had 2 mozzarella sticks for breakfast.

tuna w/mayo and dill pickles for lunch.

2 oz. pepper jack cheese for snack.

sauteed chicken breast, 1 c. broccoli, and 2 c. salad for dinner.

1/4 c. whipped cream, mixed with 2 oz. cream cheese and flavored with almond extract and 2 packets splenda for dessert (I have that only once a week, when I really want something sweet)

I did have coffee w/cream in the am

That's it for food. Did the one mile WATP in the am. Thought I might die, but I didn't. Hope this gets easier.

Had a good weekend. Stayed on plan. Still having headaches, don't know why, but tylenol helps.

I'll be increasing my carbs (with veggies) and reducing my fat intake starting tomorrow. The two weeks on induction really helped get my eating under control, but I feel the need for more veggies, less fat and a little less protein. I like to keep my calories under 1700 per day, at least for the first 40 pounds, then I'll have to drop it to 1500.

Also, going to be serious about my exercize. No more slacking!

You sure crack me up! Laughing at your cute posts are my only exercise so far today. :)

I see you are doing low-carb. Do you like it so far? Having success?

Well, good luck to you! Keep us posted!

Leah

Experimented on myself today and I must say the bolts in my neck look pretty cute. Kidding! I decided to try a regular breakfast. I had oatmeal and a glass of milk. Seems harmless enough, you would think. But, NOOOO! think again! My sugar went a little nuts and took me all day, with no carbs, to get it back down again. Phooey!

So back to Atkins, I will just be eating a few more lo-carb vegetables than are allowed. And a little less fat.

I had guacamole and pork rinds for lunch. ( ok, I start the "little less fat" next week, when all my avocados are gone; got a six pack from Costco)

Had frankfurters and broccoli, and some mozzarella cheese balls for dinner.

I may stay away from Fitday.com for a while. Every time I enter the food data, my fat intake scares the "you know what" out of me!

From one guacamole junkie to another, avocados are full of good fat (heh heh, ok, that works when I tell myself!) ;)

Good for you! You are doing a great job!!! Keep it up! :)

Did very well yesterday. Not having any problems staying on Atkins. (Too much at stake if I don't stick with it)
Had my fav cream cheese dip for brunch and later had some more guacamole for a snack. Still not tired of it, but only two more avocados left. Also had one the Atkins "endulge" bars. WOW! Too good! I kept expecting my sugar to go up, but nope, it just stayed perfect. I love this WOL!

Had a burger patty and a huge salad for dinner. DH is being so supportive. ( he fixed the salad).

I don't really have any hunger pangs, so I have to really pay attention to how I feel. If I get a little tense, I know it's time to eat.

Doing a half mile walk this week, will increase gradually.

Sounds like the Wishers are recovering from their difficult week. I'm sure it was "aliens". Just in case, I have my foil helmet ready for those "eat everything alien rays";)

Oh, hello Linda darling! :) I'm here! I forgot you were doing low carb in my response to your post in my journal (confusing or what?) ;) So I packed some special low carb tortilla chips that John said were DA BOMB (Atkins approved) for the guacamole. I will stick to fresh fruit (watermelon and mango, yum!) What a lovely hut you have here! Look in this beach bag when you get a chance. I brought a selection of sarongs over for you, just pick one you like and you can keep it (there are plenty more at Ron Jon in Cocoa Beach!) Now where do you keep the flippers? Let's go get some sun and then jump in the water and look at the fishies! Hey, can you have some fake tropical drinks - there are no carbs in the virtual kind!!!! I have all the ingredients for Mai Tais. Fresh pineapple juice, fresh orange juice, light and dark rum, and grenadine. With a marischino cherry and some other fruit slices to garnish.

Ok, thanks for inviting me over. I'll just hang out here sipping my drink while I dig my toes in the sand. God, this is the life!!! Where is the cabana boy? Tell him to stop by with a large palm frond, I need some gentle fanning! ;) Hope my fake tan doesn't dry streaky...

Isn't TigH's post just the best!?! I feel a tropical breeze everytime I read it.:)

Another Atkins day, 2 scrambled eggs and an Atkins blueberry muffin for breakfast. Yummy, they taste like berry flavored cookie dough.

Guacamole for lunch again. I'm almost embarrassed to post this, since I have had guacamole almost every day.:o

A few slices of pepper cheese for snack and an Atkins brownie. I know I shouldn't eat more than one of those Atkins goodies, but I really wanted to try it. Pretty good!

Dinner was turkey sausage and a big salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing. A root beer "float" for dessert.

Tired now, must sleep.

Here I am, late again. Mother's Day almost over.

Had a really nice day. DH gave me roses, and DD gave me some sugar free hersheys and some really pretty ruby earrings. Got phone calls from my boys and got to speak to sweet granddaughter, Maddy. Spent most of the day just goofing.

Had 2 pieces of tiramisu :o :o . Really good, but won't be cheating (err...tasting) again for a while. Otherwise I was on program all weekend.

Bought myself some stickers yesterday. Smiley faces and stars. They are for my calendar. Smilies when I stay on program and stars when I do my exercize.

Did I sign up for the 1/2 marathon in Jan. 05?!?!?! Was I drinking? Did I hit my head on something? Boy, do I have some work to do!!. I'm afraid I'll look like that rhino in the movie"Jumanji". Huffing and puffing and always bringing up the rear of the stampede. LOL

Originally posted by Hannosmom
Did I sign up for the 1/2 marathon in Jan. 05?!?!?! Was I drinking? Did I hit my head on something? Boy, do I have some work to do!!. I'm afraid I'll look like that rhino in the movie"Jumanji". Huffing and puffing and always bringing up the rear of the stampede. LOL

If I get the answer right, what do I win? I vote for "You were drinking"!!! ;) You won't look like the rhino! :) Though if you are wearing a rhino horn, I may walk behind you! ;) hee hee!

I think my glass is empty. If you are getting up, be a dear and get the blender full of margarita mix from the back of the hut. Thanks! I think I'll join you for snorkeling with the rays later this afternoon! Must get some sun now while I can. Ah, thanks for the refill. What rough day. I hope this strawberry margarita mix doesn't turn my tongue all red! ;)

Nice visit from TigH. She always makes the best Mai-Tai's.;)

Got my exercize star today and my on program star. Kinda fun putting them on the calendar.

My DH is very happy I signed up for the marathon. I was sure he would laugh, but he didn't. Seemed very proud of me for wanting to try. Of course he's also jumping in and wanting to help me set up training schedules. Now, I'm laughing. We'll come to some compromise pretty soon. I'm trying to get my sister to participate also. She laughed. LOL

Hello? Anyone in the hut? Linda? Are you sleeping under that palm frond over there? Watch out! I think a lizard is getting ready to crawl up your leg! ;)

Dum de dum de dum....I sure hope you post an update before Friday.... :) hee hee!

I'm here, I'm here! And I love lizards, used to have to rescue them from my kitty when we lived in Pensacola.

I've been recovering from a kidney infection. Spent some time in the ER with IV's of antibiotics and morphine. Gotta love that morphine!

So haven't been dieting or exercizing, mostly just sleeping. I'm feeling much better and we headed to PA tomorrow to visit our sons, daughter-in-law and precious granddaughter. (Both of our sons live there, but only the middle one is married. Hoping the older one gets married soon, cause I need more grandbabies!)

So, I won't be weighing in for a while, hopefully I can get this eating plan sorted out. Can't do Atkins when you have a kidney infection. May have to do WW for a while. Or something.....really need to get this sorted out. Lots of things to think about next week.

Be back next week.

Haven't been here for awhile. But as part of Alex's challenge, I promised to post here at least 3 times over the week, so here is #1.

Gained 2 pounds on my trip to PA. Got a little goofy and decided to eat whatever I pleased. Doesn't work if you have a billion pounds to lose. My body loves to gain weight, it is the champion of all times in the Olympics for chubbies.

But, I'm back on low-carb and doing very well. I've discovered sugar free candy, so I save a few carbs and have some decaf coffee with cream and 2 pieces of sf candy for dessert. Really satisfies the sweet cravings. Even DH loves them (course, that means I have to share [whine]).

Must rest now, spent 3 hours in the dentist's chair and I'm exhausted. Had to repair 3 cracked teeth. No more chewing on ice chips.:eek:

Post #2 of Alex's challenge, or at least my part of the challenge.

Doing very well, sticking to low-carb and just not very hungry (was that ME talking?). DH is on a business trip in Boston, so we go totally informal around here when he's gone. DD has had leftover pizza alot. She loves it and she knows I can't eat it.

I've been doing cheese slices, tuna salad and Atkins breakfast bars most of the time. Sipping my water all day to get in the required 64oz. I drink water most of the time anyway, just not quite that much.

Exercize has been hard, (when is it not? :rolleyes: ) but I've been doing it. Riding my bike, while watching Oprah. I have to use headphones, otherwise I have to read lips because the bike is loud.

How I wish I was one of those people who loves exercize. And while I'm wishing, I would like a really nice singing voice (not one that makes people cry in pain) and long, beautiful thick hair, and, and ....... wishes are kind of boring, aren't they? :p

Must go now, I need to remember to visit chat tonight.

This is #3 of my "Alex's Challenge" posts.

I'm sipping my seventh glass of water right now. It's working well, cause the "Bloat Fairy" has left my house. (and ankles, calves, and whatever else bloat likes to hang around)

DH is due back late tonight, so it will be our last "freestyle" eating day.:)

I've had an Atkins breakfast bar, some pepperoni with mozzarella cheese, and some sunflower seeds. Probably will have egg salad for dinner.

Enjoyed Chat last night, but they type way faster than me! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter