Lightning Mcqueen's Racing Academy

Just visited the attraction. Happy to answer any questions.
No interactive elements like Crush. It does have an AA of Lightning McQueen and pretty much the rest of his crew appear on screen.

Is there any theming elements in the queue? I haven't been able to find a video showing the queue yet.

Is there any theming elements in the queue? I haven't been able to find a video showing the queue yet.

There really isn’t a queue. In the courtyard there are some photo ops. There’s a big waiting area outside the theater, not even a formal line just some umbrellas. You walk right into the theater from there.

Just visited the attraction. Happy to answer any questions.
No interactive elements like Crush. It does have an AA of Lightning McQueen and pretty much the rest of his crew appear on screen.

I scanned through the video. Is it accurate to say this is essentially a wrap-around movie with one animatronic? DD will probably still enjoy it, but I was hoping for something more, like Crush or Monsters Inc. DISers have been asking for People Eaters, and this sounds like it will be a nice bit of air conditioning for the many waiting for SWGE return times (if they actually assign return times).

It said 15 mins, but we got there just after the last group went in. The room seemed large, I’m sure someone like Touring Plans will have the capacity soon. It’s the first day and not everyone seemed to know where it was or what it was.

Thanks so much for these updates!
I saw a post somewhere here today with a guess that it seats about 250 people on benches. I'm not sure if that seems accurate (it's been a long time since I was in that space).

Also, to confirm, this is roughly a 10 minute show and you are just waiting for the next one to start, right? For example, if I arrive as a show is about to start, I'm really only waiting something like 15-20 minutes for the show ahead of me plus some time for the theater to empty? Trying to understand why touring plans now shows this as a 40 minute wait in my plan, unless there's the likelihood of having to wait through two shows to get inside.

I scanned through the video. Is it accurate to say this is essentially a wrap-around movie with one animatronic? DD will probably still enjoy it, but I was hoping for something more, like Crush or Monsters Inc. DISers have been asking for People Eaters, and this sounds like it will be a nice bit of air conditioning for the many waiting for SWGE return times (if they actually assign return times).

Correct! This is a great C ticket. Nothing amazing but a fun 15 mins show.

Thanks so much for these updates!
I saw a post somewhere here today with a guess that it seats about 250 people on benches. I'm not sure if that seems accurate (it's been a long time since I was in that space).

Also, to confirm, this is roughly a 10 minute show and you are just waiting for the next one to start, right? For example, if I arrive as a show is about to start, I'm really only waiting something like 15-20 minutes for the show ahead of me plus some time for the theater to empty? Trying to understand why touring plans now shows this as a 40 minute wait in my plan, unless there's the likelihood of having to wait through two shows to get inside.

Yup. My guess is TP is just estimating that you’ll have to wait through a few shows. Not sure how they’ll handle longer lines. It may just start wrapping around the courtyard.

Yup. My guess is TP is just estimating that you’ll have to wait through a few shows. Not sure how they’ll handle longer lines. It may just start wrapping around the courtyard.
That's my guess as well for touring plans. That would mean 500 people in "line" ahead of you in that case. Good thing it's a larger space!

Cool animatronic, was hoping it was going to be interactive though. My son will still love it.

Looks like a great fit for Cars Land in DCA. Seems like a really odd place to put in in DHS though.

Looks like a great fit for Cars Land in DCA. Seems like a really odd place to put in in DHS though.
I actually think it fits well in DHS because its something to eat up crowds and is geared towards younger kids. Definitely something that DHS needs in both respects.

It will look like a good fit at Hollywood real soon. Since they are busy planning a Cars Land for the east coast park. It has pulled ahead of Indy and Monsters Inc, who maybe shelved because of budget concerns.

I actually think it fits well in DHS because its something to eat up crowds and is geared towards younger kids. Definitely something that DHS needs in both respects.
I agree it's a good fit for HS as a whole fir the reasons you give.

But placed between RnRC and ToT in the sunset Blvd section of the park is an odd location theme wise.

Though, logistically it is a very good location as, before LM, that area only had BatB and fantasmic for the little kids.

I agree it's a good fit for HS as a whole fir the reasons you give.

But placed between RnRC and ToT in the sunset Blvd section of the park is an odd location theme wise.

Though, logistically it is a very good location as, before LM, that area only had BatB and fantasmic for the little kids.
I can see that as a complaint but then in defense of Disney they had the large empty venue there to use.

It will look like a good fit at Hollywood real soon. Since they are busy planning a Cars Land for the east coast park. It has pulled ahead of Indy and Monsters Inc, who maybe shelved because of budget concerns.
:rolleyes1 I just can't see it happening. I may be wrong, but I don't see them doing a mini cars land in that area - it makes no sense. You won't redo ToT, and last heard RnRC is not getting redone. Plus they don't have room for racers, and they just put in a Mater copy in TSL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter