Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

I saw this new title when I was glancing at my Unread Threads and had a moment of confusion, because I only saw the end of it. "Wait, whose thread is this? I've forgotten which one this is about!"
But that aside, I like the addition. Running and coffee are two topics I find myself boring people with, so it's nice to see others with similar interests.

The first few months after I started this thing, I changed the title like 5-6 times. I finally settled on one I liked ... and then like 6 months later I went and changed it again :)
But yeah, it's nice to have a place to talk about things that some of our real-life friends just aren't interested in.

b) This is the best feeling! I think I'll put cleaning my desk on my "to do list" (another thing that makes me happy) for this afternoon when things are (hopefully) slow.

Yay desk cleaning! (Also ... to-do lists are my favorite :))

c) Hanging your most recent medal at your desk is a great idea! I might use this idea!

Use away! I don't know where the idea came from, but I really like having a medal there - when I'm having a stressful day, it sometimes helps me feel a little better.

I love organizing. My DH not so much. He is such a slob. In his office there is literally a path on the floor to get from the door to his desk. It hasn’t been dusted or vacuumed in nearly a year. Needless to say those doors stay closed nearly 24/7.

I read this at work and looked at my desk and ugh. By 10 am each day my desk is buried. Life of a teacher. I admire those with neat and tidy spaces. Love the medal idea. I have a Castaway 5k magnet on my file cabinet. I'm afraid the kids would steal a medal.

I love organizing. My DH not so much. He is such a slob. In his office there is literally a path on the floor to get from the door to his desk. It hasn’t been dusted or vacuumed in nearly a year. Needless to say those doors stay closed nearly 24/7.

My bedroom is like that sometimes. I try to keep it organized, but sometimes the sheer size of it is just to much for me. I'm much better at keeping my desk organized, though ... I do better with smaller spaces.

I read this at work and looked at my desk and ugh. By 10 am each day my desk is buried. Life of a teacher. I admire those with neat and tidy spaces. Love the medal idea. I have a Castaway 5k magnet on my file cabinet. I'm afraid the kids would steal a medal.

Yeah, teacher desks are not so easy to keep organized. Too many papers and books and whatnot. All I have on my desk it a monitor, a phone, a cup full of plastic forks and spoons, a cup full of pens, chocolate, my headphone case, my water bottle, my cell phone, my sunglasses, my iPod, and my laptop. Which sounds like a lot, but really isn't bad at all.
I love that you have a Castaway Cay 5K magnet on your file cabinet! Fun!

Organization is a wonderful thing. I wish I had time to organize my life right now. But that's how it goes sometimes. Life will hopefully calm down for me in a few weeks.

I'd love to put the Kessel Run magnet on my car, but I don't trust that it will actually stay there. So it stays safely on my fridge where I can enjoy it and not worry about it disappearing.

I'd love to put the Kessel Run magnet on my car, but I don't trust that it will actually stay there
I lost my Coast to Coast magnet from my car. I would definitely leave yours on the fridge.

I had my C2C medal up in my office for a while and then just kept adding to it. Since the rest of mine just sit on a shelf in my closet, I like having some of them up somewhere. And since I spend SO MUCH of my life at work. Ughhhh.

IMG_8521.jpg

Organization is a wonderful thing. I wish I had time to organize my life right now. But that's how it goes sometimes. Life will hopefully calm down for me in a few weeks.

I get that
You can start organizing your life on October 16th :)

I'd love to put the Kessel Run magnet on my car, but I don't trust that it will actually stay there. So it stays safely on my fridge where I can enjoy it and not worry about it disappearing.

Smart move. My AP magnet is on my fridge for the same reason (also because I don't have a car, but mostly because I know it's safe on the fridge).

I lost my Coast to Coast magnet from my car. I would definitely leave yours on the fridge.

:(

I had my C2C medal up in my office for a while and then just kept adding to it. Since the rest of mine just sit on a shelf in my closet, I like having some of them up somewhere. And since I spend SO MUCH of my life at work. Ughhhh.

My plan is to always have the latest medal up there. The way I do it, I don't really have space for more than one. But I like that you keep adding new medals - much better than keeping them in a closet (or in my case - a shoebox on my desk).
But yuck for spending so much time at work.

Great new title!! My desk is a nightmare right now. *sigh*

I know the feeling. I had that at my old job - I could just never get my desk clean (although that was also because everyone else used it as a dumping ground and didn't listen when I asked them to dump stuff in a particular place...)

I see you opt'd for tea today. My husband informed me that we had a cuvee of coffee today because apparently we had 3 different contains of coffee beans that had one scoop each left in it. Not sure it's appropriate Friday coffee, it's kind of terrible. But better than no coffee. Haha.

I see you opt'd for tea today. My husband informed me that we had a cuvee of coffee today because apparently we had 3 different contains of coffee beans that had one scoop each left in it. Not sure it's appropriate Friday coffee, it's kind of terrible. But better than no coffee. Haha.

Funnily enough, as you posted, I was in the middle of typing this...
Oh, also ... I almost went to Starbucks today. I was about to open the door when I saw that they were closed. And the other one right near my office is closed for renovations.
I have a cup of office coffee on my desk. I haven't had any yet (too busy eating and typing), but hopefully it's mildly drinkable.

Bad coffee is almost always better than no coffee.

It's not so much that I opted for tea as that we're out of milk in the house and the office tea is drinkable (I actually really like the office tea - they have TAZO, which is what Starbucks served at one point in time, not sure if they still do now that they own Teavana).

That's too bad. Plus it's difficult to replace since the Coast to Coast future is currently up in the air.

I had my C2C medal up in my office for a while and then just kept adding to it. Since the rest of mine just sit on a shelf in my closet, I like having some of them up somewhere. And since I spend SO MUCH of my life at work.
I've been looking into some medal hangers on etsy recently. I want a way to celebrate all of my races in one place instead of scattered about here and there.

I get that
You can start organizing your life on October 16th :)
And then Dopey training ramps up. But one way or another I'll get through it. Survive and advance.

Smart move. My AP magnet is on my fridge for the same reason (also because I don't have a car, but mostly because I know it's safe on the fridge).
That reminds me. I need to put my Disney World AP magnets up on my fridge.

My plan is to always have the latest medal up there. The way I do it, I don't really have space for more than one.
I like that idea. I used to have a hanger that I put the most recent medal on, but then I decided to put a painting in that location instead.

Funnily enough, as you posted, I was in the middle of typing this...
Oh, also ... I almost went to Starbucks today. I was about to open the door when I saw that they were closed. And the other one right near my office is closed for renovations.
I have a cup of office coffee on my desk. I haven't had any yet (too busy eating and typing), but hopefully it's mildly drinkable.

Bad coffee is almost always better than no coffee.

It's not so much that I opted for tea as that we're out of milk in the house and the office tea is drinkable (I actually really like the office tea - they have TAZO, which is what Starbucks served at one point in time, not sure if they still do now that they own Teavana).

Starbucks only has Teavana now. I really liked their TAZO vanilla teas especially as a Latte so I was very sad when it was discontinued. Teavana is fine, but not my favorite. I do like their holiday Joy tea.

I like that idea. I used to have a hanger that I put the most recent medal on, but then I decided to put a painting in that location instead.

Mine is in binder clips on thumbtacks ... it's hard to explain. I have a picture somewhere, but I don't remember where. I'll try to take a picture next week if I remember so that you can see the setup. It's both cool and extremely bizarre.

Starbucks only has Teavana now. I really liked their TAZO vanilla teas especially as a Latte so I was very sad when it was discontinued. Teavana is fine, but not my favorite. I do like their holiday Joy tea.

I haven't had any of the Teavana teas, but I liked a few of the TAZO teas, so I 'm sad about that. At least I get the TAZO at work.

Mine is in binder clips on thumbtacks ... it's hard to explain. I have a picture somewhere, but I don't remember where. I'll try to take a picture next week if I remember so that you can see the setup. It's both cool and extremely bizarre.
Mine was literally just a command hook. Nothing interesting at all aside from whatever you hang on it.

Pre-Race Update:
Went to bed at 9:30 last night. Didn't fall asleep until 11ish. Sigh. Kept waking up in the middle of the night, but that's normal.
Not really nervous at the moment, but that may change.
My FB running group is having a pre-race meetup that I might stop in at. We'll see.
Almost forgot coffee. Drinking frappuccino now. Should probably be drinking and not typing because I'm leaving soon.

Also ... I added a headband to my outfit. Because why not.

More later, but today's finish is brought to you by Never Quit.

Today was only the second time I considered DNF-ing a race. But Never Quit.
I survived. I ran towards My House (aka The House That George Steinbrenner Built). And I finished. In under 2 hours.

1:56:28

Congratulations!! Sorry it sounds like the race was difficult for you, but that’s still a great time! And that mental toughness to never quit is really important and worth really giving yourself credit.

Way to go on persevering!
Can’t wait to hear more about it- I was thinking about you this morning!
I think running when you want to quit is one of the most difficult things in this hobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter