Liberty Tree or QS: One day at MK, what would you do?

KeepCalmAndCarryOn

charfinntastic
Happy Friday!

Looking for some advice from those who have perhaps recently been in the parks. We have one day at Magic Kingdom on Tuesday April 16th. We currently have a lunch reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern and as a group are torn. Half (including myself) want to keep the reservation because it promises at least the opportunity to sit down in some AC in what has been looking like higher than normal crowds at the parks. The other half think we'd be fine finding a place to eat at a QS with no issues finding seating. We are a fairly large group (and don't need to all sit together) that includes three toddlers, my grandmother, and my great-aunt.

Anyone have any experience lately either with ease of finding seating with QS or, on the flip side, has that too been impacted by crowds? We live in New England so I am basing my crowd level reports only on Tim Tracker, these boards, and runDisney facebook groups - so perhaps I am really overthinking this!

With three toddlers, I would definitely recommend a TS. It is not fun standing in line, balancing trays, getting utensils/condiments and finding seats with a big group and small children in tow. With toddlers, I find QS to be a lot of work. I typically only travel with DS11 and we always have trouble finding QS seating. TS offers you a chance to sit (guaranteed seats!) and take a break. I would recommend keeping the reservation.

I was going to suggest QS because then you will get more time to enjoy the park. If you pick a restaurant that has mobile order that may help and if you eat early the seating shouldn't be an issue either.

You said you don’t have to sit together... Any reason you can’t split up and the half that want to keep the reservation do so?

I was surprised to see the breakdown of votes though ;) For me, traveling with toddlers, while barks and AC are of course super important, it’s even more important to be able to go with the flow and, frankly, at their whim ;). And honestly, toddlers don’t care if they have a seat, they’re just as likely to crash out in the stroller! April will be warm but imo is the absolute best weather Disney has to offer, so I wouldn’t worry too much either way.

I could really go both ways on this. If rest and getting away from people/crowds for a bit are a priority, I'd say do LTT. If park touring are a priority and you're going full throttle, I'd say just do QS and plan to do mobile order and designate a few adults to find seating and the others to grab the food. If it were me and my kids as toddlers, I'd say keep LTT. Even now, my kids are 10 & 12, we like breaks now and then. And if you add in seniors, you might need that rest time. QS during busy days can be a long wait just to order, even mobile order on busy days can have a long wait. Being seated away from crowds, while you wait on your food and are served is a plus IMO.

I hate the QS experience with a large group, especially with kids in tow. With a group, someone will likely need to hold down a table and keep the kids busy. And then there's making your way through a busy restaurant with trays of food. Then going back up to the condiments bar. Its just not relaxing. I think if you ate at an off time (early or late lunch), then finding seating shouldn't be that big of a challenge. But its all still a hassle, so my vote is keep LTT. It will be more relaxing, and I think the older people (grandmother, great aunt) will enjoy the fare. Its one of my parents' favorites.

I would keep the TS. You will need sometime for everyone to sit, rest and recharge a bit. But to be honest my group of 8 has almost quit using CS.

Happy Friday!

Looking for some advice from those who have perhaps recently been in the parks. We have one day at Magic Kingdom on Tuesday April 16th. We currently have a lunch reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern and as a group are torn. Half (including myself) want to keep the reservation because it promises at least the opportunity to sit down in some AC in what has been looking like higher than normal crowds at the parks. The other half think we'd be fine finding a place to eat at a QS with no issues finding seating. We are a fairly large group (and don't need to all sit together) that includes three toddlers, my grandmother, and my great-aunt.

Anyone have any experience lately either with ease of finding seating with QS or, on the flip side, has that too been impacted by crowds? We live in New England so I am basing my crowd level reports only on Tim Tracker, these boards, and runDisney facebook groups - so perhaps I am really overthinking this!

With only one day at MK, I would definitely skip the sit down meal, grab a CS and continue on with small breaks as needed. TS meals consume valuable time when it is limited anyway.

Just eat at an off time and seating won't be a problem - that's what we usually do anyway.

I personally think with three toddlers and a grandmother, an hour to sit down, chill out and relax over a meal is going to help in the long run and help to keep everyone refreshed for later in the day, rather than run into a QS, slam down a burger, fries and chicken nuggets and then run, run, and run some more. That chill time will go a long way with those young kids and grandma come evening time at the park.

personally think with three toddlers and a grandmother, an hour to sit down, chill out and relax over a meal is going to help in the long run and help to keep everyone refreshed for later in the day, rather than run into a QS, slam down a burger, fries and chicken nuggets and then run, run, and run some more. That chill time will go a long way with those young kids and grandma come evening time at the park.

I agree with this. I think that taking an hour at TS to sit down, relax, catch your breath and recharge will really help in the long run.

Have a great trip!

Re: recharging--are you planning to take an afternoon break at your resort, or power through a full day at the park? That would make a huge difference to me if I were planning this. If you're already going to leave the park for a rest, just grab QS at an off-peak time. If you're going to commando it, though, I would keep the ADR and use that lunch as your rest break.

Table service for that big of crowd can take alot of your precious park time.

My recommendation - eat early or late (not noon), pre pick an AC restaurant (Cosmic Rays/Harbour House), have everyone pre select their lunch before even leaving the resort. DO NOT ALL STAND IN LINE! Divide into two groups - each group has an ordered and a table person. The ordered already has a list and the table person is in charge of finding a place easy for the kids and elderly. If this is too much then go for table service!

Best of luck

I haven't found any QS in the MK that I like. Liberty Tree lunch is my second favorite MK meal (first choice being Skipper Canteen lunch or dinner). So with the only choices being QS or LTT, I'd go with LTT.

We do a sit down meal at lunch instead of the resort break people talk about. Usually character dining so we don’t have to wait in lines for characters. Once we are at the parks we are there for the day so for us the break is awesome and all we need to keep going afterwards!

With only one day, I’d do counter service if your focus is rides, but since you don’t mind splitting up, make an ADR for those who want it and the rest can eat counter service. Meet up later.

Eat lunch as soon at counter service as soon as they open for lunch (usually 11ish) to avoid any crowds. Your lunch can be just as relaxing as a TS meal. :)

Happy Friday!

I love the Magic Kingdom but counter service there stresses me out. Any other park, no problem. I too am a fan of sit down to get out of the heat and crowd. April vacation crowds will be tough, trust the reports. But I can also relate to the fact that you just have one day and not wanting to miss out. So I say let those who want to go to QS go. And those who want to sit, sit. Meet up after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter