Liberty Tree or QS: One day at MK, what would you do?

We did this in November. Only 1 day at Magic Kingdom with 6 of us. 4 adults- 2 kids. We made a reservation for LTT for around 1 and we were all so happy that we did. It was a busy (non-party) day and we were so happy to have a place to get out of the crowds and have a good meal. We still had time to ride most rides (only a few that never got around to but weren’t as important to us). I just think for our family, our day would not have been what it was had we not had that 1- 1 1/2 hours to rest and recharge. We opened park at 9 (driving in from Cabana Bay) and closed the park down.

Thank you all so much for the insight and thoughts! This is a pretty last minute trip (we went for a week last year, and are heading back for a full week next year - this is just stop-over!) so lots to consider in terms of trying to get things done. I appreciate the feedback about the crowds, too. I just want to make sure that we keep moods as happy as we can in the happiest place on Earth ;)

I would do quick service and mobile order.

With just one day and little kids, I would not want to be locked in to a TS at a specific time. My kids do great at TS, but with one day, I’d prefer to be flexible and just eat whenever the kids needed to. And mobile ordering now takes one of the the worst parts out of QS - waiting in line to order.

We did a quick visit in January with one MK day. It was just after New Year’s, crowd level that day was 10. We did mobile ordering at Pecos Bill’s and Cosmic Ray’s and it worked out great.

As our general rule, if we have one day at MK, we do QS only. If we have 2 or 3 days, we’ll book TS there.

If you go the QS route, you’ll have better luck getting tables eating at non-peak hours, (for example 11:00 or 2:00 lunch, 4:30 or 7:00 dinner.)

I’d save your TS for your week long trip next year. Just my opinion :)

We had one day at MK during Spring Break last month, and we did lunch at LTT. Party of 7 and got in almost immediately, although our ADR was early, just after they opened that day. We all enjoyed having a little break from the heat and crowds.

We've done both--QS on the fly and TS with ADR. Both have pros and cons, but based on the make up of your party, I would keep the ADR at LTT.

Keep LTT. It was our favorite meal on our trip in Feb and we are going back in October. We were seated within 5 minutes and enjoyed the break. I personally think if the crowds are expected to be heavy it may take you that long at a QS and finding everyone a seat and perhaps not even having a seat. LTT is a guarantee for the break, good food, AC and a chance to relax.

I would split the difference. Cancel LTT and go with QS, specifically Columbia Harbor House. It’s large, with extra seating upstairs, quieter than most QS, and offers more than your typical QS burgers and fries, but would allow everyone to eat when they needed a break, instead of a set TS time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!