Let's Talk about Carry-ons!!!

clarabelle

<font color=green>Pandas don't seem to have much o
OK
What kind of carry-on luggage did you use? What did you put in it? (in general)
Did you use your ABD back-pack as carry-on? Did you take that on the bus with you? or just a purse/wallet?

I would love to hear any thoughts and tips
Thanks!!

We each brought a backpack in my family. Whatever you could fit in your bag, you could bring :thumbsup2

For the bus...I usually brought my bag to keep the kids stuff in, but I didnt really need it, so I left in on the bus plenty

We use our Disney backpacks on our ABD trips. Also, I carry a notebook computer bag (with all of our electronic gadgets)with me. While on the ABD trips we usually fill up the Disney duffle bag with items and use that as a carry on as well. We just got back last week from our Costa Rica trip.

I thought we could only have one carry-on each?

And the China ones can only be 11 pounds for each carry on... I can lay waste to that without even all of my electronic paraphernalia:surfweb:...

I haven't been on a ABD so I can't comment on the bus.

But, as far as carry ons, DH and I both bring large sturdy backpacks (Swiss Army) stuffed to the gills. It holds my camera equipment, purse, snacks/books/movies for the flight, and all our necessities like medication.

OK
What kind of carry-on luggage did you use? What did you put in it? (in general)
Did you use your ABD back-pack as carry-on? Did you take that on the bus with you? or just a purse/wallet?

I would love to hear any thoughts and tips
Thanks!!

This is my carry-on bag, it fits under the seat (in front of me) very nicely:

I just carry some toiletries like contact solution, toothbrush & paste, etc especially on international flights book, word games, a few snacks, ipod, camera.
I used it on the bus too in Italy and left it on the bus when we went sight seeing. It came in handy for the long road trips (2 hours). The guides distribute so much stuff daily that it's good to have a backpack or some kind of bag with you on the bus. Very safe on the bus ... we had no problems.

I purchased mine on the Rick Steves site when it was on sale last year. Mine says it's a Rick Steves bag but on his website it says they are Avanti.

We each carry a change of clothes in our carry-ons, in case the luggage gets delayed or lost. Also basic toiletries for the same reason.

On the ABD last year, we carried less and less each day, till we were down to wallets and cameras. Everything else is provided. It was nice to have a bag on the bus to keep things organized, so DH brought along his messanger bag each day.

We carried one bag and put everything in it. Please remember to pack a raincoat.
A raincoat in Ireland? Whatever for? ;) Seriously, just a jacket with a hood or a knee length? Weren't the ponchos ABD provided enough protection from the rains?

will the abd back packs fit the flight required measurement? the ones we had 2 yrs ago were a lot bigger and would not fit.

i am going to be traveling a lot lighter this time. my suitcase almost killed me the last trip and i am sure the guides hated me for that too. maybe they will like me better this time.:thumbsup2

Do the Disney folks transfer your carry-on luggage when you are moved between sites/hotels? Do they only handle the checked bags?

Does anyone know specifically on the travel day from London to Paris do you take your own carry-ons to the train and have to manage them until you get to the hotel?

Also, does anyone have advice about an electrical converter for a Nintendo DS?

Disney always transported our carryons from hotel to hotel on every ABD trip. Just make sure that you have put an ID or name tag on each carryon bag.

We did not carry any Nintendo DS devices on our trips. Check your Nintendo adapter to see if it is dual voltage.

We have not made the London/Paris trip with ABD because we have traveled to thoses cities before. Sorry, I am not much help there.

Do the Disney folks transfer your carry-on luggage when you are moved between sites/hotels? Do they only handle the checked bags?

We did an Italy trip last year and any bag you have ready to go to different locations will be taken care of by Disney. We went from Rome to Tuscany by bus to Venice by train and Disney handled all bags. The guides will ask you how many pieces of luggage you want them to transport and give you tags for them. Your luggage disappears from one location and magically appears in your room at the new location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter