Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aulani does wristbands…. I don’t see why these resorts couldn’t…. I’m also trying to imagine the additional cost of bands, labor to hand them out and police, and additional garbage…. oh and potential lost revenue of food/alcohol sales….

Knowing WDW types it would likely just start an underground market for fake wristbands….

Clearly they can do it since they do it at Beach Club. The resorts that are easily accessible to the parks should probably all do it. VGF. Poly. BLT. BWV. BCV. RIV.
I agree. I was honestly shocked when we just stayed at BWV that there was no pool access validation. It was not too crowded, but still surprising considering the seemingly easy access from the BW and EPCOT itself

Oh … well, ok … just watched a YouTube Vlogger ( Brianna Tata) coaching people to gate crash the pool at Poly so they can get fish Tacos 🤦‍♀️ I’m doubling down on my assertion that Poly Tower pool needs wristbands 🤯 (Fast forward to 9:47 to skip to the part I’m concerned about)

The vlogger isn't saying anything that many folks already know about. People have been doing this for years. (It's not right, but Disney hasn't stopped it so people will abuse it).

All Disney needs to do is station a CM at each feature pool gate and scan wristbands. Likely will be 7-8 million points and hundreds or regular hotel rooms at the resort so it should only cost a few pennies at most to do this.

I agree. I was honestly shocked when we just stayed at BWV that there was no pool access validation. It was not too crowded, but still surprising considering the seemingly easy access from the BW and EPCOT itself
People have posted this on social media and forums for year. Poly, BW, and CR have all been popular destinations for non-guests to cool off during the day. Until Disney stops it, people will abuse it.

People have posted this on social media and forums for year. Poly, BW, and CR have all been popular destinations for non-guests to cool off during the day. Until Disney stops it, people will abuse it.
But the shiny new thing is coming … and we’re all chomping at the bit to see it. Understandably, all of us that pay for it, are going to have precious little patience for those that don’t.

The vlogger isn't saying anything that many folks already know about. People have been doing this for years. (It's not right, but Disney hasn't stopped it so people will abuse it).

All Disney needs to do is station a CM at each feature pool gate and scan wristbands. Likely will be 7-8 million points and hundreds or regular hotel rooms at the resort so it should only cost a few pennies at most to do this.
Magic band scanning would work just fine too, it doesn’t have to be a wrist band 👍

They wouldn’t need to check every single person either, just random spot checks would be enough to deter most people, plus a bit of signage saying that the pool is for resort guests only… wouldn’t cost much

Magic band scanning would work just fine too, it doesn’t have to be a wrist band 👍
For Magic Band only you would have to put CM at all entrances. Combine this with wrist bands and a single CM can approach all guests who don’t have a wrist band. Scan their magic band and hand out wrist bands if they are hotel guests. Tell them to leave if they are not.

The wristband is what keeps non-guests from slipping in when the gate keeps getting opened for traffic. It’s very common for different parties to enter at the same time. And nobody wants to be so rude as to shut/lock the gate behind themselves when another party/person is directly behind them.

Beach Club went even further. Not only the wristband, but that other gate’s attendant checked each and every entrance, even with a wristband they were scanning MB to use that gate.

Without a wristband there’s no way for security to know who isn’t legit once they get inside. It’s like MK parties, it’s the wristband that makes it much harder to stay inside without a ticket. Getting in is not enough, you’d also have to stay really under the radar to not expose the absence of a wristband. And at that point it’s not worth the bother. Just getting through the gate is easy, and if that’s all it takes then it is worth the bother.

Late to this game. I bought Poly resale in the fall, naively assuming that the new tower would be part of the the old association. I guess the fact that the contract doesn't expire until 2066 made me really believe that, for whatever reason. *sigh* hoping I didn't mess myself up with availability on booking rooms going forward.

On another note - is there speculation that there will be a new restaurant in the tower?

Last edited:
I never got a wristband in all of my time staying at DL Hotel and VDH… including our most recent trips….
We visited last October and they were using wristbands. Maybe that’s because VDH had recently opened?

I just figured that was normal because they were also strict on some gate access in and out of VGC too.

Aulani does wristbands…. I don’t see why these resorts couldn’t…. I’m also trying to imagine the additional cost of bands, labor to hand them out and police, and additional garbage…. oh and potential lost revenue of food/alcohol sales….

Knowing WDW types it would likely just start an underground market for fake wristbands….
They wouldn’t need to check every single person either, just random spot checks would be enough to deter most people, plus a bit of signage saying that the pool is for resort guests only… wouldn’t cost much
Yea, anything can help.. wristbands, magicbands, or just some signage.

Late to this game. I bought Poly resale in the fall, naively assuming that the new tower would be part of the the old association. I guess the fact that the contract doesn't expires until 2066 made me really believe that, for whatever reason. *sigh* hoping I didn't mess myself up with availability on booking rooms going forward.

On another note - is there speculation that there will be a new restaurant in the tower?
I think you'll be ok, & I believe there is a restaurant going in, we just don't know where or what it is. ;)

Did you use the pool? We got it when we went out to the pool at VDH tower.
We went into the VDH pool area… but did not get in the water…. I definitely got a wristband at the entrance to the VGC pool….there was nobody stationed at the door from the lobby to the Palm Breeze area of VDH….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter