Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

intamin

Ready to go.
Okay so I saw this posted in the other Poly speculation thread but knowing what we know now with some of the room layouts and progress it's time for a more recent poll and just see where everyone's thoughts are at. I imagine we'll finally know hopefully early 2024 which association it's a part of so it's time to speculate because that's what we do here on disboards 😅

Okay so I saw this posted in the other Poly speculation thread but knowing what we know now with some of the room layouts and progress it's time for a more recent poll and just see where everyone's thoughts are at. I imagine we'll finally know hopefully early 2024 which association it's a part of so it's time to speculate because that's what we do here on disboards 😅
I just hope we hear something either way by the end of the year. I also really want to see what the lobby looks like when they're finished. :-)

I voted 80% for new but I am closer to 90%.

Out of everything that has been officially published…which isn’t much…the.mention of FW being the 17th resort and so far nothing for Poly tower is the only piece that gives me pause to not be at 99%.

Giving VDH restrictions means it’s still an idea they want…and I stop believe now that both FW cabins are coming it makes it much easier for them to support it with all active resorts, other than AUL, having them.

And I still believe that financially they will sell more being a new association vs combined.

One thing we have learned this past year or two is price is what makes the difference in what buyers are choosing.

RIV sold better when it was cheapest. VGF sold better when it was. So, DVD has a lot of options in being creative next year if they want to get sales moving.

And, just like RIV and AUL, which do very well with cash guests, I can see them realizing that fast sales of Poly tower is not necessary because i think it will be just as popular.

My hope is that we will get an idea when the 2025 point charts are realized. In Decemberish

Giving VDH restrictions means it’s still an idea they want…and I stop believe now that both FW cabins are coming it makes it much easier for them to support it with all active resorts, other than AUL, having them.
This is where I feel any new association going forward will be have resale restrictions regardless just like every other restriction that has been in the past. DVD has made their decision and they aren't going to think about it again.

It just seems like a lot of paperwork to make poly tower a new association when they have PVB on property.

This is where I feel any new association going forward will be have resale restrictions regardless just like every other restriction that has been in the past. DVD has made their decision and they aren't going to think about it again.

It just seems like a lot of paperwork to make poly tower a new association when they have PVB on property.

The paperwork isn’t any more difficult to make it new so not sure I understand.

If it’s added, all the documents still need to be amended to include the new tower, including the current PVB.

Having PVB located in the same hotel resort really don’t change anything because as mentioned, they already have two associations at one location.

Of course , they were forced to do that at WL due to expiration, but they didn’t have to add more DVC there either.

Until we have a definite answer, there is always a chance it can go either way.

But not seeing it being difficult to sell it as new if that is what they decide makes better sense short and long term for the product.

I'm 80% current. I think Disney will do what is easiest for Disney, and keeping it the same will make it easy. Different branding, operations, etc for a separate timeshare is just a pain. And BPK seems to have sold so well/quickly, that I see that influencing their decision.

I'm 80% current. I think Disney will do what is easiest for Disney, and keeping it the same will make it easy. Different branding, operations, etc for a separate timeshare is just a pain. And BPK seems to have sold so well/quickly, that I see that influencing their decision.

But didn’t VGF sell poorly in 2022 after the few months of sales until DVD was forced to make it less expensive than RIV and roll out deep discounts this summer?

The paperwork isn’t any more difficult to make it new so not sure I understand.

If it’s added, all the documents still need to be amended to include the new tower, including the current PVB.

Having PVB located in the same hotel resort really don’t change anything because as mentioned, they already have two associations at one location.

Of course , they were forced to do that at WL due to expiration, but they didn’t have to add more DVC there either.

Until we have a definite answer, there is always a chance it can go either way.
But not seeing it being difficult to sell it as new if that is what they decide makes better sense short and long term for the product.
I don't run a hotel but I would assume having 2 DVC associations would be more work for really not much benefit

Voted 60% new. I was leaning 80% new BUT another site posted new pix this morning of Tower construction. (Hopefully someone affiliated here will do the same) And again... It's proximity to Aetoroa & Fiji is unbelievably tight. o_O
I understand grounds & amenities MAY still be available to ALL guests-HOPEFULLY (Poly1 PVB & Resort)...but if not...it's really awkward.

I don't run a hotel but I would assume having 2 DVC associations would be more work for really not much benefit

I think that would be minimal given that both are DVC and managemed by the same group.

But, I think this is about sales first and the long term product of DVC.

If it was as easy to combine, we’d have heard by now but they continue to keep it secret. And, only they know why.

And BPK seems to have sold so well/quickly, that I see that influencing their decision.
This piece adds a point to new asst’n to me. I think they could’ve gotten more per point for VGF but they chose to offer a great summer deal that quickly pushed it to sell-out phase. Did they do that to set the stage for 3 direct choices at WDW? One EP area, one MK area, one unique option. All 3 with the same type of contract and restrictions.

Sales can tell new buyers that direct owners get full use of DVC. Home resort booking at 7-11m and trade into everything else at 7m. If a buyer mentions resale the guide can explain resale does not include booking the newest resorts or Membership Magic perks.

Simplifies it. When a potential buyer is choosing a resort, guides can make general statements regarding all WDW direct.

I voted 80% new - 20% same. I think rough waters is the only thing that’ll have them change direction.

Pure speculation - New asst’n and 2066 expiration to match Poly1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter