• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There’s some really good zoom-in action here. I am so intrigued! 🤔
View attachment 853264

Yeah.. very interesting.. the space isn't very wide though, I don't think it's large enough to be a restaurant or anything at all, maybe just a small lounge type of space if that?
View attachment 853265
To me anyways it looks like a tree or maybe a tall lighting fixture? /shrug
Yep, that's the part I'm wondering about as well. Interesting looking for sure.

It looks like the 2nd floor club lounge in the Hawaii longhouse. Stood next to it on the sidewalk while watching fireworks. I found a YT video where it looks like the artist rendering with similar lighting. View attachment 853302

Club lounge is very popular at Poly.

I suspect many Poly hotel regulars will not buy DVC unless this is an option. Perhaps, they could make it an additional per night charge as opposed to another booking category? (Again, I think it should only be available to those staying in the tower).

Club lounge is very popular at Poly.

I suspect many Poly hotel regulars will not buy DVC unless this is an option. Perhaps, they could make it an additional per night charge as opposed to another booking category? (Again, I think it should only be available to those staying in the tower).
As I was (not) falling asleep last night I was wondering—can they have concierge rooms in the new tower but put those guests in the same concierge club that already exists at Poly hotel? 🤔

We have never used the club so I don’t know how crowded it gets, but seems like it would be a great way to free up another 1000-10000 (?) points to sell even if you only offer a handful of concierge rooms. Do I have my math approximately right, for each each concierge room you can charge another 10-20 points a night, x 365= 3,650-7,300 points for slapping on the word concierge…at $200/point, each room given the label would be $600,000-$1,500,000 in additional points they could sell upfront(!) and then each night they get $100-200 (in dues, but more like $200-400 in point rentals?) for a lounge that already exists. 🤔🤔

As I was (not) falling asleep last night I was wondering—can they have concierge rooms in the new tower but put those guests in the same concierge club that already exists at Poly hotel? 🤔

We have never used the club so I don’t know how crowded it gets, but seems like it would be a great way to free up another 1000-10000 (?) points to sell even if you only offer a handful of concierge rooms. Do I have my math approximately right, for each each concierge room you can charge another 10-20 points a night, x 365= 3,650-7,300 points for slapping on the word concierge…at $200/point, each room given the label would be $600,000-$1,500,000 in additional points they could sell upfront(!) and then each night they get $100-200 (in dues, but more like $200-400 in point rentals?) for a lounge that already exists. 🤔🤔
What building is the current lounge in? Is it near(ish) to the tower, as far as the overall resort layout goes?

Also have not had the chance to stay club level but would probably try it out at some point if it were an option to book with points!

It would significantly degrade the quality of the experience, but make them a lot more money, so....

Might be a bit of a schlep from the Tower to Hawaii, though.

Hey, I can dream. 😂 😂 😂

It would significantly degrade the quality of the experience, but make them a lot more money, so....

Might be a bit of a schlep from the Tower to Hawaii, though.
Degrade the quality of the experience for the existing club hotel guests or for the DVC guests who have to walk 5 minutes to the existing (waterfront) club lounge?

That walk is also a plus for Disney because it’s going to make it even less likely tower guests actually use it often.

Degrade the quality of the experience for the existing club hotel guests or for the DVC guests who have to walk 5 minutes to the existing (waterfront) club lounge?

That walk is also a plus for Disney because it’s going to make it even less likely tower guests actually use it often.
I meant the former. If they added a lot of rooms to the existing lounge, it would be a more crowded, worse experience. And if they only added a tiny number of hard-to-book rooms, what's the point?

I know there are Concierge rooms at AKL, but is that just an artifact of the Jambo conversion? And are there any others?

I meant the former. If they added a lot of rooms to the existing lounge, it would be a more crowded, worse experience. And if they only added a tiny number of hard-to-book rooms, what's the point?

I know there are Concierge rooms at AKL, but is that just an artifact of the Jambo conversion? And are there any others?
Got it. I agree that adding a lot would make it worse. But adding 10 could potentially make $10 million for Disney and I wouldn't imagine it would dramatically impact crowd levels? I guess the other point is tempting people who typically book concierge to become DVC members?

That would free up the mystery hole in the tower to be a member lounge or bar/restaurant (or ideally both). :) I don't want it to be a free public space because it's not that big and I feel like it could get very claustrophobic, especially during the fireworks and water pageant.

Got it. I agree that adding a lot would make it worse. But adding 10 could potentially make $10 million for Disney and I wouldn't imagine it would dramatically impact crowd levels? I guess the other point is tempting people who typically book concierge to become DVC members?

That would free up the mystery hole in the tower to be a member lounge or bar/restaurant (or ideally both). :) I don't want it to be a free public space because it's not that big and I feel like it could get very claustrophobic, especially during the fireworks and water pageant.
Yeah, I was thinking of some of the hallway ocean view spaces at Aulani as a point of comparison, but those are smaller spaces on every floor. And of course, they want to justify the fireworks view up-charge!

I kind of expect/hope for this to be a bar/lounge so they can monetize it, but maybe a Concierge offering. We'll see!

Oh please, not public space 😬 I don’t want to come off as “food guarding” the tower, while actually food guarding the tower *low rumbling growl* 😆

I’m with you. I’m good with a paid bar/lounge. If it’s just going to be an open public space for viewing fireworks, then restrict access to these spaces to only poly guests via keycard/magicband to get into the elevator.
Given how crowded Poly is already, I think it’s a popular opinion that there should not be free open access prime viewing spots without crowd control.

Perhaps less popular: I don’t think they should lock the rest of Poly guests (hotel and longhouses) out of Tower spaces if Tower guests get to further crowd the other older facilities.

Given how crowded Poly is already, I think it’s a popular opinion that there should not be free open access prime viewing spots without crowd control.

Perhaps less popular: I don’t think they should lock the rest of Poly guests (hotel and longhouses) out of Tower spaces if Tower guests get to further crowd the other older facilities.
This seems very fair to me.

I wish they’d offer MB for contracts smaller than 150.
I have often wondered why they don’t off it for the final year of the contract. This would help with the end of contract worries where people don’t have a full year to use their points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter