Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My guide told me this specifically in writing months ago and I posted it here only to be immediately eviscerated (as has been the usual case when anyone has presented any information that goes against the “new association” opinion or the “continued speculation for speculation sake” opinion).
To be fair (and I really don't care one way or the other), there were also MANY people who also received responses "in writing" from their guides indicating that there was no concrete information available. While your guide may end up being correct (either by actually knowing what apparently no one else did, or just by luck/speculation/educated guess), they were absolutely the outlier. In fact, several well-connected members, like @Sandisw, couldn't even get a response from multiple sources.

There's also the possibility that somebody in DVC management keeps an eye on forums like this, and said, 'oh crap, we're still selling PVB?? Tell them to cut it out!'
“When I get distracted, everybody who works for me gets distracted and that’s not a good thing.”-Bob Iger ….. Oh sh!t, somebody shutoff the PVB sales 🤣🤣🤣

Knowing all my resale points can be used is great but I bet that point chart will be “Premium”

We know PVB studio points are the highest already and I’ll be looking through my fingers when this is released!

Did we confirm if duo studios will be in the tower? If so it lets them say points per night start from 12 even if point chart should have public health warning

Knowing all my resale points can be used is great but I bet that point chart will be “Premium”

We know PVB studio points are the highest already and I’ll be looking through my fingers when this is released!

Did we confirm if duo studios will be in the tower? If so it lets them say points per night start from 12 even if point chart should have public health warning
Yes, it is confirmed there will be duo studios in the tower.

Most of the views will be premium too.

Yeah, I may end up buying more PVB points.

I own 350 points at PVB (mix of direct and resale), and my family of 6 (two under the age of 3) has just about outgrown a PVB studio. Our plan was always to book two PVB Studios and/or book a 2BR at another resort, which at most resorts we like works out to about the same number of points.

If we can book at the Tower, we'll likely shift to PVB 2Bs, but I assume pricing will be on par with VGF (350-450/week in January), and I'll need another 100-150 points to get 8-10 nights every January.

Most of the views will be premium too.
Yep! Based on the plans, it appears the rooms will be roughly 50% standard view, 35-40% theme park view, and 10-15% pool view.

I’m scared to know what those theme park view rooms are gonna cost!

I would hope if this is going to be a part of the same association, you would have to price the rooms similar. Kind of like how Grand Floridian did. Or else this could put a strain on the old poly owners with the new Tower owners wanting to get cheaper rooms at longhouses.

No because they can't prevent private resales from happening. So, it doesn't matter if they continue to sell PVB themselves.

They're following the same playbook as GFV. They have this stuff down.

First, they use ROFR to build up inventory (happened in 2021-2022 with PVB). Then, they stop buying back that resort no matter what (2023). Then, they stop direct sales of the resort (early 2024). Finally, they announce the expansion and will only sell points from those units for years (Summer/Fall 2024). Once the tower points sell out, they'll return to ROFRing PVB again.
Most likely for stopping direct sales is because they don't want the recent buyers incredibly PO'd once it comes down to active sale pricing from "sold out" pricing. Put a few months between it and that helps but rewriting contracts is not what they want to be doing.

Will DVC deviate fromt the playbook they created with VGF? I suspect not. PVB was always price at the premium - ie, VGF charts. That's what we're likely to see although of course they do change that playbook now and then. Consider the FWC. Those charts are low when you consider all it's missing from a traditional 1BR is the washer/dryer.

Aren’t the tower rooms slightly smaller than Poly longhouses? Like the studio is smaller, the 1BR not as big as 2 PVB studios, etc?

I don’t think we’ll see a higher point chart, like standard view tower will not be more points than standard view PVB1. I think the ratio of rooms will be much different and that is how extra points for sale will be extracted. OG PVB is 5 standard rooms for every 1 lake view. Instead of ~85% of the rooms being standard we may see 50% or less.

I would hope if this is going to be a part of the same association, you would have to price the rooms similar. Kind of like how Grand Floridian did. Or else this could put a strain on the old poly owners with the new Tower owners wanting to get cheaper rooms at longhouses.

I guess I assume Studios will be priced about where PVB and VGF are, if only because those are relatively consistent to each other and thus provide a good point-of-reference. I find it unlikely they would price PVB tower (much) above the PVB longhouses. Sure they're newer, but that's not a durable advantage; there will be times when the longhouses are the newly refurbished ones. And they're smaller, to boot.

So I'd expect pricing to be about comparable for the directly-comparable room types (S and maybe L Studios). And other room types will probably follow the same pattern, about 5% higher than VGF, with a room composition heavily tilted toward higher-view categories. Those 2BR L-views could push 450/week! Ouch!

I assume this will be an unpopular opinion, but I could see the two bedroom theme park views having a point chart that is not too far off from the bungalows.
I could see most dates falling between 70-120pt/nt for 2BR TPV, where bungalows are 120-200pt/nt.

VGF difference from standard view studio to TPV studio is ~+50% points. That’s from where I estimated the 70-120pt/nt. It would be very hard for Poly Tower to charge more than that I think. If 2BR TPV started at 100pt/nt that would require 700 to over 1,000 pts just for a week and that would be very off putting. Bungalow is a unique animal in the DVC landscape.

In the case of VGF, they amended the timeshare license.

Anyone know when they stopped selling VGF before the official BPK addition?

July 16, 2021 is when the VGF timeshare license was amended.

https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...dian-timeshare-license-amended-for-new-villas
You can go to the comptroller and use the date filters to narrow down the VGF deeds, then play go fish with a couple and you can get the exact date the last VGF direct contract was signed before the license was amended. 👍

Clarification: It's 4 standard studios (288) for every 1 lake view (72).

I was under the impression the entire north facing side of Moorea was all Lake view, so then I guess it’s that the other 2 buildings hold more less rooms than Moorea? (Edited)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter