Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Apologies if this has been asked and answered already elsewhere…

I am still trying to wrap my head around possible implications of the new tower being in same association as PVB as it relates to expiry dates of existing PVB contracts. I am assuming that all existing PVB contracts will simply keep their same expiry date while any new Disney direct tower contracts will have an extended contract expiry date that corresponds with new tower’s greater lifespan. If so, ultimately there will be poly re-sale contracts with different expiry dates. Does this all sound about right?

I am still trying to wrap my head around possible implications of the new tower being in same association as PVB as it relates to expiry dates of existing PVB contracts. I am assuming that all existing PVB contracts will simply keep their same expiry date while any new Disney direct tower contracts will have an extended contract expiry date that corresponds with new tower’s greater lifespan. If so, ultimately there will be poly re-sale contracts with different expiry dates. Does this all sound about right?
No, I would fully expect the tower contracts to have the exact same expiration date as the existing PVB contracts. This is how Disney did it when they added a new building to VGF and they seem to be approaching the PVB2 tower add-on in the same way.

No, I would fully expect the tower contracts to have the exact same expiration date as the existing PVB contracts. This is how Disney did it when they added a new building to VGF and they seem to be approaching the PVB2 tower add-on in the same way.
Interesting, thanks. I thought it might be different as in case of VGF, the new DVC buildings (I.e. renovated older hotel buildings) that were added were actually older than original vGF DVC structure

IIRC, they have declared all of those as LV studios…so, they can’t now reclassify the 1st floor as SV…and that is the only way to change the number of points for them..
They could subdivide into a “LV first floor” and “LV upper floor” costing the same amount of points (similar to what they did with BW). However, that would be awful for members since it would make LV availability much worse as you’d get more fragmented reservations, so hopefully they don’t…

FWIW I e-mailed my guide a few days ago about my uncertainty. Gave the reasons why I am reconsidering and asked that it be passed up the chain. Don’t know if I’m going to keep the contract or not still, but wanted to be sure that they were aware of the discomfort out here right now. What that will do….who knows
Did you ever hear back?

They could subdivide into a “LV first floor” and “LV upper floor” costing the same amount of points (similar to what they did with BW). However, that would be awful for members since it would make LV availability much worse as you’d get more fragmented reservations, so hopefully they don’t…

They wouldn’t do that because they are the same view, even though higher floors are nicer. As you say, doing that would leave too many rooms open in a fragmented way.

As above, the expiration date would be the same. The reason is that the tower would be added to a legal entity, the PVB Condominium Association, which has a specific end date that has nothing to do with the age of the buildings.

They wouldn’t do that because they are the same view, even though higher floors are nicer. As you say, doing that would leave too many rooms open in a fragmented way.
The higher floors clearly are preferable.

AKV Club Level contains only 5 Studios and 5 one-bedrooms, so I don’t understand the fragmented argument. Only 5 rooms in one category seems pretty fragmented.

Simply change it so the third floor is 1 point more than it is now, the second floor stays the same, and the first floor is 1 point less. Standard View rooms would remain unchanged.

This way, when you book it, you know exactly what floor and Lake view you’ll get.

AKV Club Level contains only 5 Studios and 5 one-bedrooms, so I don’t understand the fragmented argument. Only 5 rooms in one category seems pretty fragmented.

Simply change it so the third floor is 1 point more than it is now, the second floor stays the same, and the first floor is 1 point less. Standard View rooms would remain unchanged.

This way, when you book it, you know exactly what floor and Lake view you’ll get.

It’s not the same though because AK CL are all the same room types.

These are all LV rooms and plenty of resorts have rooms that some feel are better views than others.

Take the SV rooms at BLT…some get you fireworks views and some do not.

If they made things floor by floor then you could end up with a rioms opening on floor one and some on floor three that can’t be combined when it could work if all the floors can be shuffled together.

We have a week 44 LV studio “favorite” week. Which floor would we be guaranteed- cause if we’re splitting things up, I call dibs on the 3rd floor.

Paul did an article on the trust stuff a little bit ago. Not sure if it helps: https://dvcfan.com/2023/12/14/rumor...g-a-new-trust-based-ownership-interest/?amp=1

Our guess is there could be some inventory for this, some for normal ownership.
Enjoyed the article

How do the other timeshare companies handle resale of their trust product?

If I buy Riviera resale I can only use at Riviera. If I buy the trust product resale do I get the 11 month advantage and use at all the resorts in the trust?

What is the purpose of Disney doing this? Are they gonna charge an astronomical amount more for points in a trust that can have the 11 month booking advantage at all the resorts? And wouldn't that make it even more competitive for owners of say the Beach Club? Does that seem fair?

What is the purpose of Disney doing this? Are they gonna charge an astronomical amount more for points in a trust that can have the 11 month booking advantage at all the resorts? And wouldn't that make it even more competitive for owners of say the Beach Club? Does that seem fair?
I believe (and I could be very wrong) that they could only add rooms that have not been declared yet. So parts of Riviera, CFW, Poly 2, etc. However, in 2042 they could add a bunch of familiar places.

I believe (and I could be very wrong) that they could only add rooms that have not been declared yet. So parts of Riviera, CFW, Poly 2, etc. However, in 2042 they could add a bunch of familiar places.
Does anybody think that’s why they held off on Poly 2 for so long? Could they put the majority of it into the trust?

Oh, ok. Didn't realize that. So it's possible that 2042 is what is behind this?

To clarify, units would still need to be declared at some point, but they might be able to adjust the POS so that they will be selling those new units differently, as part of a trust and not as a deeded ownership.

Now, CFW could be written from the start that way, and I think they can do the same with Poly tower before adding them to the assocation.

Same with VDH…all new declarations stay owned by the trust and peoole buy in to that…so, the only deeded ownerships are the ones already sold…of they hybrid it still with specific units being eligible to become deeded and others not.

And, maybe this is why they have been so vague regarding the tower…and continue to be give out confusing messaging regarding it.

Does anybody think that’s why they held off on Poly 2 for so long? Could they put the majority of it into the trust?

Yes, because a trust is simply nothing more than an owner. So, DVD doesn’t sell those units as deeded ownerships to the general public but rather they retain ownership and sell access to the, via the trust

The trust POS and the PVB would need to be written to account for it…but as I have said, because the current POS for all resorts say that nothing beyond the initial declaration is guaranteed, I do wonder and believe it could be possible to adjust how new units enter.

With sold out resorts, where 100% of rooms are declared, it would be different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter