Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SAME. DVD needs to read these boards more just a few new allowances and they’ll sell so many more points lol
I do think they could sell a LOT of 25-100 point contracts at a higher price per point if they allowed MB on smaller contracts. Honestly kind of surprising they don't, since the economics are basically the same and then they can move more points with fewer (actual) incentives-- especially at the resorts where they always can sell out the rooms.

So I heard a DVC employee say that he thinks the new Polynesian tower could end being like copper creek and boulder ridge are. Two separate entities. I have never thought or heard this before today. Thoughts?

I am clear on the difference between Riviera and Polynesian. I think you have to consider the Poly Tower as new sales given the projected number of points that will be for sale. Why buy Riviera at over $200 if you can buy resale at $120? The logic is the same. And I understand that resale Riviera can only be used there, but if you're buying Riviera directly, you're likely not buying them for SAP.
The issue with Riviera resale, as I understand it, is that as more points begin to dump into the system, some of those folks may choose to use their points at Riviera. This could leave Riviera resale members in a lurch because they cannot book their home resort, and have no other options once they are displaced. Normally, without restrictions, the whole system moves like a big game of Tetris and members end up somewhere (I’m looking at you Saratoga). This is the danger in buying restricted resale.

The issue with Riviera resale, as I understand it, is that as more points begin to dump into the system, some of those folks may choose to use their points at Riviera. This could leave Riviera resale members in a lurch because they cannot book their home resort, and have no other options once they are displaced. Normally, without restrictions, the whole system moves like a big game of Tetris and members end up somewhere (I’m looking at you Saratoga). This is the danger in buying restricted resale.
Yeah I would only buy a smaller RIV resale contract to add on to a direct RIV contract. Use the resale first each RIV stay then if nothing is available at RIV bank the resale and use the direct somewhere else at 7 months

There will never be a time where a RIV resale owner will not be able to book something at 11 months.

May have to settle for preferred view and potentially need to waitlist a studio in key times, but if they are booking at 11 months, then they will be able to use their points.

Now, if someone waits until after the 7 month bookings? That’s on them.

During resort, you are competing with just owners so your points being restricted really aren’t any different.

Now, if someone can’t take advantage of the priority booking, then the resale product is not for them.

So I heard a DVC employee say that he thinks the new Polynesian tower could end being like copper creek and boulder ridge are. Two separate entities. I have never thought or heard this before today. Thoughts?

It’s pretty much a done deal that it will be the same as they announced it in Dec at the DVc meeting and we have seen a document that uses the PVB parcel number.

The confusion still remains because it appears DVD has not been consistent with what it has shared with its guides.

Some are still reporting it’s not settled and I still got the “subject to change” language in my conversations in March.

There will never be a time where a RIV resale owner will not be able to book something at 11 months.

May have to settle for preferred view and potentially need to waitlist a studio in key times, but if they are booking at 11 months, then they will be able to use their points.

Now, if someone waits until after the 7 month bookings? That’s on them.

During resort, you are competing with just owners so your points being restricted really aren’t any different.

Now, if someone can’t take advantage of the priority booking, then the resale product is not for them.
When I said “as more points are dumped into the system” I meant, sold at various new resorts (including Riviera) in the club. This is a long term problem, every new point added to the system is potential 7 month competition for Riviera resale. While that can be said about all of the resorts, everyone else has the option of plan B.

When I said “as more points are dumped into the system” I meant, sold at various new resorts (including Riviera) in the club. This is a long term problem, every new point added to the system is potential 7 month competition for Riviera resale. While that can be said about all of the resorts, everyone else has the option of plan B.

But that’s my point too. You don’t buy a restricted resort if you are not going to plan to book during home resort priority.

However, it’s not an issue if you book during that. I also think there is a chance that if it really becomes an issue, that DVC will create a program that allows restricted resale owners access to trade for a per reservation fee, using points owned by DVC.

In the 4 month window from 11-8 months before arrival, there is no competition for Riviera owners. Like Sandi said, at 7 months, all bets are off. And there's no guarantee that owners will get the exact dates / room size / view that they may want even when booking 11 months out. (Still, if you browse 8-11 month availability across all resorts, it's probably not as dire as some posts suggest. Not every resort owner is rushing to book their trips nearly a year out. Some dates are very popular, many others are not.)

People would be unwise to buy resale at Riviera, Disneyland Hotel or FTW Cabins unless they are long term planners.

In the 4 month window from 11-8 months before arrival, there is no competition for Riviera owners. Like Sandi said, at 7 months, all bets are off. And there's no guarantee that owners will get the exact dates / room size / view that they may want even when booking 11 months out. (Still, if you browse 8-11 month availability across all resorts, it's probably not as dire as some posts suggest. Not every resort owner is rushing to book their trips nearly a year out. Some dates are very popular, many others are not.)

People would be unwise to buy resale at Riviera, Disneyland Hotel or FTW Cabins unless they are long term planners.
Yes, we are in agreement that the issue begins at 7 months. Prior to that, it is business as usual. However, I’m not sure that very many riviera resale owners understand the dilution effect that occurs to their 7 month booking opportunities every time new points are added to the club. Most I see are focused on “I love the location, etc.” and I can see those riviera resale rates falling as people become frustrated.

We still don’t know anything for sure. Recently, a couple of permits were filed for construction work at the new Poly Tower address and it used the same Parcel ID as the current Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (DVC property). That has led many to speculate that the new Poly Tower will be the same condo association as the current Poly Villas & Bungalows.

A Parcel ID is assigned by the property appraiser for the county in which the property is located. It is for tax purposes. In speaking with Real Estate Attorneys, I have been told the same parcel ID does not necessarily equate to same condo association. Again, assuming the same Parcel ID will be the same condo association is speculation, a strong speculation, but still speculation. We don’t know until it is formally announced, and I sure wish they would just announce it.

Yes, we are in agreement that the issue begins at 7 months. Prior to that, it is business as usual. However, I’m not sure that very many riviera resale owners understand the dilution effect that occurs to their 7 month booking opportunities every time new points are added to the club. Most I see are focused on “I love the location, etc.” and I can see those riviera resale rates falling as people become frustrated.
I've been a DVC owner for 20+ years and a member of this forum even longer. When it comes to buyers making incorrect assumptions before purchasing, I've seen it all. Hopefully people will do their homework, and respectable resale brokers will help set reasonable expectations.

None of us can accurately predict where resale rates will fall in 10 years...20 years...more. But there are always people looking for a bargain. Either cheap(er) points for their own personal use or to rent. Water finds its own level.

My guess is that most people buying resale RIV do. They are probably owners like myself who have other points to supplement their trips or want RIV exclusively and will be long term planners because their is no trading.

Regardless, it is on them to understand the product and I don't think its any different than anyone buying DVC. The longer you wait to book, the less chance you have to book. If someone really doesn't understand how DVC works in terms of FCFS, then again, its on them to do more research before buying.

Let's also not forget that every resale contract that has been sold since 2019 is taking points out of the system to book at a place like RIV...so, while it might be a smaller amount than direct points being added, it certainly is going to mean far fewer trading in than prior to the restrictions going in place.

Part of what's lost in this discussion of home resort is room type. Owning the resort allows you to get Standard type rooms, which are preferable at a lot of resorts from a value perspective. At Riviera especially, Standard is often better than Preferred, and you're only going to get Standard by owning.

And in a lot of cases Owning+Standard is a better value than SAPs+Preferred.

We still don’t know anything for sure. Recently, a couple of permits were filed for construction work at the new Poly Tower address and it used the same Parcel ID as the current Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (DVC property). That has led many to speculate that the new Poly Tower will be the same condo association as the current Poly Villas & Bungalows.

A Parcel ID is assigned by the property appraiser for the county in which the property is located. It is for tax purposes. In speaking with Real Estate Attorneys, I have been told the same parcel ID does not necessarily equate to same condo association. Again, assuming the same Parcel ID will be the same condo association is speculation, a strong speculation, but still speculation. We don’t know until it is formally announced, and I sure wish they would just announce it.
I with you, not sure why it always seems to be Top Secret!!! Guess we will all know soon!! It just took me aback when he mentioned how he thought it would play out.

Edit: looked up the information from @tjkraz article regarding the VGF BPK addition. https://www.dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts...s-at-disney-s-grand-floridian-resort-spa-2022

If Poly tower doesn't open until after December 1, I believe all UYs would receive 2024 points (but no 2023 points).
They would pay dues for the 2024 points based on their UY for those points.

Do I understand this correctly?

No matter when Poly tower opens this year, 2024 points will be the first set of points.

They can’t sell points for calendar years prior to the year the units open. Since we are already in 2024, that’s where it will start.

For dues, owners will pay dues from the date it opens, for the beginning of their 2024 UY, whichever is later.

So, if I opens Dec 1st, then everyone is paying one month. If it opened on September 1st, Feb to Sept UY, pay dues beginning Sept 1st, Oct UY pay starting Oct 1st, and Dec UY, Dec 1st

If they open in February '25, could someone purchase a December UY, for instance, and have '24 points?

That would mean they'd sell points for calendar years prior to the year the units open, no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter