Let simplify Memory Maker!!

Well, we just got home yesterday and I checked our Memory Maker...over half our photos are missing. I'm so disappointed, I could cry :sad1: We barely took any photos with our camera because we relied on the Photopass photographers- obviously this was a big mistake.

I feel your pain. I talked to the memory staff before we left WDW. They were no help. Pictures I was really excited about are forever lost.

We were just there last week and had purchased MM. I was the main account holder. My husband was able to add both photographer photos and ride photos onto his magic band without me being present. I've downloaded all of our photos (299 from our week) and all the ones he had done were there.

Did you have to then do something with your husband's magic band to download them to the account? There are 5 of us going together and my 7 year old and 18 month old grandson. I am not sure that we will always be together and I don't want to miss any of the boy's pictures.

Entitlement means the person who is ''entitled'' to DOWNLOAD the photos to a computer. All linked family and friends who are on vacation can take pictures and share them with the Memory Maker entitlement holder. The person who buys the Memory Maker usually designates themselves as the entitlement holder, but it can be transferred to someone else! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the explanation. There will be a point in time where my DH and both DDs will split up from myself (I am the entitlement person) when they go off and ride ToT. I know that DH will want to get his MB scanned in order to get that ride photo and I wasn't exactly sure how that worked. Thank you so much for the clarification.

From the Disney Website:

1. Link Memory Maker to your Disney account. If you purchased online, it may have been linked automatically.

2. Add people to your Family & Friends list to enable you to view and download their photos.

3. Capture unlimited photos at hundreds of Disney PhotoPass locations—and select attraction and dining locations—throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Link each photo to your Disney account with a touch of your MagicBand, Memory Maker card, park admission card or Disney PhotoPass Card.

4. View and download your photos. Once you download the first photo, you have 30 days to capture more photos. Photos remain in your account for 45 days after they are taken.

On my own personal Family and Friend's list I control everyone's reservations, FP+, and tickets/entitlements because no one in my family has their own Disney account. Where the problems arise, (I think) is if someone in your party DOES have their own Disney Account. Then you would need to go to your Family and Friends list and first add them to your list if they are not there. Then click on the the "Invite and Share Plans" button in order to see their photos and download them to YOUR account. Otherwise, the photos on their Magic Band are only on their account.

I'm sorry, but I just would like to ask one more question. This is what MDE says for each of my family and friends that are adults...
"This friend can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos."
I am going to be the one to purchase MM on my account. We are using my account make all of the FP+ picks etc... Once I purchase MM, is this all I need to do for them to download to my account, or do they need to do something else on their Disney accounts? I think I might be making this more confusing for myself than it needs to be. :)

I'm sorry, but I just would like to ask one more question. This is what MDE says for each of my family and friends that are adults...
"This friend can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos."
I am going to be the one to purchase MM on my account. We are using my account make all of the FP+ picks etc... Once I purchase MM, is this all I need to do for them to download to my account, or do they need to do something else on their Disney accounts? I think I might be making this more confusing for myself than it needs to be. :)

Only the entitlement holder can download the pictures to a computer for the one-time Memory Maker price. Anyone linked to your account should be able to view your photos, and vice versa. If you want to share your photos you should download them to your computer, then share them with whoever you wish. Otherwise they will have to purchase if they attempt to download to their computer.

Think of it this way: you as the entitlement holder are the PRIMARY owner of the Memory Maker card. Everyone else linked to your account as Friends and Family are SECONDARY users who can only share and view the pictures (unless they want to also purchase.)

From the Disney website:

1. If you’re the one making plans for your family or travel party, be sure everyone is in Family & Friends. Then you’ll be able to quickly add anyone in your list to reservations and activities, and view and manage the plans for your entire party.

2. Simply go to your Profile and select “Add a New Guest” in Family & Friends.

3. For kids or other Guests who don’t have Disney accounts, enter the name and age—that’s it. You’ll manage all the plans for that person.

4. To add someone who has his or her own Disney account, use Family & Friends to send an email invitation to connect. Once your invitation is accepted, you can start making plans together.

5. You will be able to tell if your friends and family have accepted the invitation. You are now linked and should be able to see each others photos from all Magic Bands. However, remember... YOU are the only one who can download them to your computer unless you transfer the entitlement to someone else.

So, if anyone in your Friends and Family has an account you will need to click the button in Family & Friends to send an email invite to share plans and see each others photos. Make sense?

Only the entitlement holder can download the pictures to a computer for the one-time Memory Maker price. Anyone linked to your account should be able to view your photos, and vice versa. If you want to share your photos you should download them to your computer, then share them with whoever you wish. Otherwise they will have to purchase if they attempt to download to their computer.

Think of it this way: you as the entitlement holder are the PRIMARY owner of the Memory Maker card. Everyone else linked to your account as Friends and Family are SECONDARY users who can only share and view the pictures (unless they want to also purchase.)

From the Disney website:

1. If you’re the one making plans for your family or travel party, be sure everyone is in Family & Friends. Then you’ll be able to quickly add anyone in your list to reservations and activities, and view and manage the plans for your entire party.

2. Simply go to your Profile and select “Add a New Guest” in Family & Friends.

3. For kids or other Guests who don’t have Disney accounts, enter the name and age—that’s it. You’ll manage all the plans for that person.

4. To add someone who has his or her own Disney account, use Family & Friends to send an email invitation to connect. Once your invitation is accepted, you can start making plans together.

5. You will be able to tell if your friends and family have accepted the invitation. You are now linked and should be able to see each others photos from all Magic Bands. However, remember... YOU are the only one who can download them to your computer unless you transfer the entitlement to someone else.

So, if anyone in your Friends and Family has an account you will need to click the button in Family & Friends to send an email invite to share plans and see each others photos. Make sense?

I do understand this, but how do I download the pictures from their magic bands to my account. I will be the entitlement holder. Everyone is linked to my account.

Okay, MM sounds complicated. I see that there's a link on Disney's PhotoPass page to purchase the disc of photos and edits pre-trip for $119. Does anyone know if this is, indeed, still honored/functional? I'd so much rather do it the old way!

Yes, I ordered it a few weeks ago and the CD credit is sitting in my account. As soon as I get back and edit all my pics I can order the CD and the charge will be $0. I decided it was a good trade off. I loved photopass plus, but they took away the things about it that I really liked. I loved being handed the hard copy pics at the character meals and Pirate Makeover and the CD. So, since we aren't going to any meals that have the photo this time, I decided not getting the ride photos was worth ordering just the CD and saving $30.

tinkerbell615, just click on the Photopass section of My Disney Experience and all of the pictures linked to Magic Bands on your account should be there. They are listed by date and time. Everyone needs to also remember after doing a ride, to have their Magic Band scanned so that picture will be there, too.

tinkerbell615, just click on the Photopass section of My Disney Experience and all of the pictures linked to Magic Bands on your account should be there. They are listed by date and time. Everyone needs to also remember after doing a ride, to have their Magic Band scanned so that picture will be there, too.

Thank you so much Disbug for clearing this up for me!

Yes, I ordered it a few weeks ago and the CD credit is sitting in my account. As soon as I get back and edit all my pics I can order the CD and the charge will be $0. I decided it was a good trade off. I loved photopass plus, but they took away the things about it that I really liked. I loved being handed the hard copy pics at the character meals and Pirate Makeover and the CD. So, since we aren't going to any meals that have the photo this time, I decided not getting the ride photos was worth ordering just the CD and saving $30.

This is an EXCELLENT (and cheaper!) alternative to Memory Maker IF you do not care about the ride photos. For those who are attending Character Meals those come with a hard copy photo package. The only thing you are missing there is digital and digitally enhanced copies. :thumbsup2

Do the CMs still hand out plastic cards when you have your picture taken (so I can then just load them onto to MM later)? Can you ask for a MM card just like there used to be a PP+ card and have them scan it instead? Looking for a way to use MM but not have the Magic Band issues that others have reported.

Our trip isn't until next year but I've been trying to chip away at purchases for it over time so it doesn't hit us all at once. For example, we bought tickets earlier this year and beat the price increase last month. Is MM something I could purchase now and not "activate" until our trip May 2015? I wouldn't be surprised if the price of that went up before then too.....

Thanks!

Does it matter how early you order it? I know it has to be at least 3 days before you go, but if I order it 3 months ahead, will it just sit as a credit in my account like the old Photopass pre-purchase did?

Also, is the $149 pre-purchase price the best deal or is there another discount link somewhere?

Thanks!

Does it matter how early you order it? I know it has to be at least 3 days before you go, but if I order it 3 months ahead, will it just sit as a credit in my account like the old Photopass pre-purchase did?

Also, is the $149 pre-purchase price the best deal or is there another discount link somewhere?

Thanks!

It will just sit in your account and become active for the dates of your tickets/resort stay.

If you change your mind though, you'd have to cancel 45 days prior to your trip.

I haven't seen any better offers yet.

I got my Memory Maker free with my vacation package. I had to switch from a room only package. My vacation is in August, and it was during the time period stated on the offer. I found the offer on the Disboards Discount Page, but I later discovered it was also on the WDW website, under special offers

Omg! My MM is currently linked to DH but it's under my account as DH does not have an account. Sounds like I'm going to have the same problem!

Our MM is linked to DH but it's under my account as well. I'm getting very concerned. Wishing I hadn't purchased!

I just had a pretty lengthy chat with a CM about MemoryMaker and have to say that I'm still confused.

It seems as though some people have had success with multiple family members/friends using their own MagicBands to associate pictures with one package while others have not.

The ENTITLED person is really the key member. They can download and have primary access to all of the photos. It seems best that whoever in your party is likely to be around most of the time be that person.

I think the real key to having a good experience is doing the work upfront on MDE. If you properly set up permissions for family and friends, then the program should work.

I'm going to give it a shot, but will not consider it my primary source of pictures... more like an add-on for times we'd all like to be in a photo without having another guest take the picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter