Let simplify Memory Maker!!

Oz Mouseketeer

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

So... I've been researching previous threads on Memory Maker (and Photopass... and Photopass+ and other confusing red herrings)and I hate to admit it, but I might even be a little bit more confused than I was to begin with now that Ive been surfing Disboards!

Im hoping someone can help confirm my simple understanding of Memory Maker - This is how Im hoping it works:

1. I purchase Memory Maker through MDE, linking it to my reservation and my Magic Band, which would automatically link it to my Fiance, who's also connected to the reservation and linked to me as Family/Friend.
  2. We arrive for our awesome 7 days in DisneyWold Resort, pick up our Magic Bands, which have Memory Maker connected to them.
  3. We enjoy the parks, finding Official Photographers and getting our photos snapped, scanning our bands with them as we go - This includes Character Meets (Anna and Elsa already FP+'d!) and Ride Photos (scanning at the photo kiosks after we've ridden)
  4. Overnight, or around two days later, the photos begin to appear online for us
Simple as that, right? Can someone please confirm if it's that easy? :)

BUT - I also have some questions...

• A. Where do the photos actually go? Are they loaded on to our MDE Profile? Or is there a separate Memory Maker site we have to log in to?
  • B. How do we actually save the photos? Is it a matter of scanning through them one by one and "Right Click + Saving" each of them individually? Or is there a zip-file or something that downloads them all to your computer as a large group?
  • C. How long do the photos stay "online" for us to access? I read in one thread that there's actually an expiry day and they disappear after 45 days or something? Does this mean I have to make sure they're all downloaded to my computer before they disappear? What if my trip in the US lasts longer than 45 days and I'll only be reviewing my photos when I return to Australia? Does that mean they all disappear before I return home and I have to make sure they're saved somehow on to a hardrive somewhere?
I'd LOVE your help and input on all this... As a photographer myself, nothing sucks more than taking my camera out and putting it away every 5 mins to grab a "photo opp" - Not to mention not appearing in these photos half the time because Im "The Photographer" :groom: Memory Maker sounds like an awesome way to take the pressure off me as a photographer, and get some great snaps while we're at it!

Let me know your thoughts!

You've pretty much got it right!

Within 24-48 hours the photos appear online. The photos have to be uploaded, then approved, etc. sometimes this takes longer than other times.

A. My Disney PhotoPass is a subsection of mydisneyexperience online. This is where you view your PhotoPass photos.

B. with Memory maker you can download photos individually or all at once. The download all button generates an order on your account with all of your photos, bundled into compressed folders of 75 photos each.

C. Photos are available online for 45 days after they're taken. If you hit download all, that download is available for 30 days. So if you hit download on day 40 that download sticks around for 30 more days even though the photo itself explores day 45.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I too would LOVE some clarity on memory maker...all your questions plus... how does MM get affected (if at all) with a split stay? How are ride photos obtained if you do not ride, but someone who is linked to you rides a ride?

I have a family of 5. I bought a Memory Maker and linked it to my account. It is linked to me. I understand that I can just have the photographer swipe my band and it will go to my account. I don't understand how I get it to work this same way for the rest of my family. I have the family linked to me online. Is that all I need to do to get their bands to work too? OR, do they have to carry around a photo pass card? If they do, where do I get these photo pass cards? Thanks so much!!

Michiele

You've pretty much got it right!

Within 24-48 hours the photos appear online. The photos have to be uploaded, then approved, etc. sometimes this takes longer than other times.

A. My Disney PhotoPass is a subsection of mydisneyexperience online. This is where you view your PhotoPass photos.

B. with Memory maker you can download photos individually or all at once. The download all button generates an order on your account with all of your photos, bundled into compressed folders of 75 photos each.

C. Photos are available online for 45 days after they're taken. If you hit download all, that download is available for 30 days. So if you hit download on day 40 that download sticks around for 30 more days even though the photo itself explores day 45.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You're a legend, Cais - Thank you!

I too would LOVE some clarity on memory maker...all your questions plus... how does MM get affected (if at all) with a split stay? How are ride photos obtained if you do not ride, but someone who is linked to you rides a ride?
Memory maker isn't linked to your stay, so split stays... Don't really matter? If you bought a ten day park ticket and two room only stays of five days each, you don't need to buy two five day passes do you? Your ride photo... They walk up to the counter they say hey I'm with a memory maker group and they attach the photo. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You can probably see the rest of your family under your account right? You can make their fastpass selections? Their photos will show up to. If you want to use a PhotoPass card you will too. The only time their photos won't show up is if they create their own account and claim the reservation as their own in which case you have to family and friend request them. Otherwise it says hey, this guy owns this reservation, these folks are on it too, send those photos on

You can still get a DVD.... For $29.95 more. It's not included, but it does come with the gallery disc too.

One piece of advice I would give is to have a way to check them every night. I have had several come up missing. Right now my photos with Mickey and Cars I took at DHS are missing and my Splash Mtn one. I got an email saying the found. Splash but it's not, there still. I will report it today when I go report the others.

Is there a separate Memory Maker App that we'll need to view our photos on our phones or are they viewed through the My Disney Experience App?:confused3

Thanks!

Is there a separate Memory Maker App that we'll need to view our photos on our phones or are they viewed through the My Disney Experience App?:confused3 Thanks!

Universal has an app for their photo package. You can save and share to social networks from it. AND, their package is only $50!

I have a family of 5. I bought a Memory Maker and linked it to my account. It is linked to me. I understand that I can just have the photographer swipe my band and it will go to my account. I don't understand how I get it to work this same way for the rest of my family. I have the family linked to me online. Is that all I need to do to get their bands to work too? OR, do they have to carry around a photo pass card? If they do, where do I get these photo pass cards? Thanks so much!!

Michiele

I would love to know this one as well! I have Memory Maker linked to me on MDE. I can't find anywhere on the app or the computer version to link it to my family. So I'm wondering if/when we split up in the parks, and the kids stop for a photo somewhere, can they just scan their band, because they are linked to me in MDE? Or do they need a separate card?

I would love to know this one as well! I have Memory Maker linked to me on MDE. I can't find anywhere on the app or the computer version to link it to my family. So I'm wondering if/when we split up in the parks, and the kids stop for a photo somewhere, can they just scan their band, because they are linked to me in MDE? Or do they need a separate card?

Me too. Seems sometimes they are automatically linked and sometimes need an invite. I am wondering if they are part of your MDE (package or tickets group) then it is auto. If they are on their own MDE, then it requires an invite.
Is this right? Is the invite done through MDE or Memory Maker? Hopefully some of this will be obvious when I work through some of the screens - but I am pretty confused right now.

Very informative thread, thank you for starting it!

I purchased the memory maker package for our upcoming trip. I see my reservation in MDE and it says it's that package, but when I look in the memory maker section of MDE, there is nothing there except the button to link it to my account, but that just takes me to where you can purchase it. Is there anything I need to do myself with that package to have it linked to my MBs or will that all happen automatically (magically? lol) when I check in?

GillianP1301 said:
Very informative thread, thank you for starting it!

I purchased the memory maker package for our upcoming trip. I see my reservation in MDE and it says it's that package, but when I look in the memory maker section of MDE, there is nothing there except the button to link it to my account, but that just takes me to where you can purchase it. Is there anything I need to do myself with that package to have it linked to my MBs or will that all happen automatically (magically? lol) when I check in?

I am wondering this same thing. We have purchased the Mm package but don't know how to link it to our account. Thanks

I was thinking of getting this later today or tomorrow as well. I was wondering how MM works too. I have MDE but 2 reservations under my MDE with 1 room going to my daughter and her fiance and the other me my husband and twins can they use the MM if I link them and how would I go about that? we are staying at Disney for 6 days when we get home can we download them to our computer or buy a DVD?

Memory maker isn't linked to your stay, so split stays... Don't really matter? If you bought a ten day park ticket and two room only stays of five days each, you don't need to buy two five day passes do you? Your ride photo... They walk up to the counter they say hey I'm with a memory maker group and they attach the photo. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You can probably see the rest of your family under your account right? You can make their fastpass selections? Their photos will show up to. If you want to use a PhotoPass card you will too. The only time their photos won't show up is if they create their own account and claim the reservation as their own in which case you have to family and friend request them. Otherwise it says hey, this guy owns this reservation, these folks are on it too, send those photos on

You can still get a DVD.... For $29.95 more. It's not included, but it does come with the gallery disc too.

Thank you!! You sound very knowledgeable (maybe you've done it before), so I have a few more related questions...

1. We were told that we would be getting a separate set of magic bands for the 2nd reservation (even though it is a split stay at the same resort...but different rooms -- long story). And since park tickets and memory maker are linked to the magic bands...does that mean that both the park tickets and memory maker would be linked to both sets of bands?? Just trying to understand this (we've never done a split stay).

2. Yes, I do see some of my family members listed as my friends/family, but for example...my mom accepted my request to be linked therefore can see my plans/photos... but my dad is linked to her on Disney experience...so while he is listed on mine (it says Corinne (my mom) controls the account) can he still get pictures uploaded to my memory maker from rides or characters or whatever if he were to take the grand kids (large age range of grand kids, so splitting up is likely)? This is the same for my sister in law and brother...my sister in law is added, but my brother is on there, but because he doesn't have an account for disney experience (just listed under his wife's) can he still have his band scanned for his pictures?

I am sorry if these are silly questions, I am just so confused about the whole linking people...who is linked, who is not linked and then whether they are able to use their bands to get photos and ride photos.

What about the kids in our party that are old enough to go on their own, but under 18...thus can't have an account...but if they are linked (on the same reservation) with the adults who are linked to my family/friends, would they also be able to use their magic bands to get their ride photos and character photos?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Yes, I do see some of my family members listed as my friends/family, but for example...my mom accepted my request to be linked therefore can see my plans/photos... but my dad is linked to her on Disney experience...so while he is listed on mine (it says Corinne (my mom) controls the account) can he still get pictures uploaded to my memory maker from rides or characters or whatever if he were to take the grand kids (large age range of grand kids, so splitting up is likely)? This is the same for my sister in law and brother...my sister in law is added, but my brother is on there, but because he doesn't have an account for disney experience (just listed under his wife's) can he still have his band scanned for his pictures?
[/QUOTE]

I added my son in law who is listed on my daughter's MDE account by using the 'Invite Through a Mutual Friend' tab after you click on 'Add a Guest', click On the 'Invite Through a Mutual Friend' tab, you would select your Daughter in the 'mutual friend' drop list and then a list of her family & friends will be displayed. Select her husband and click 'Done'. She will have to accept the invite since she controls his profile.

I would post a picture, but I don't know how :confused3:confused3 sorry

I hope this helps.

I am wondering this same thing. We have purchased the Mm package but don't know how to link it to our account. Thanks

I am also wondering about this. When I go to MM in MDE it asks me to link it, but I have not been able to. I'm asked for an ID#, and the confirmation number from my e-mail doesn't work. Am I going to get a 'MM card' at check-in with the ID number? Thanks for any help.

I can tell you this about MM. Don't ask Disney CM how it works none of them know. We bought it for our trip march 12-24. It comes with no instructions, or so little instructions that you don't know what to do. I linked it to dd band, instructions say that is the only one who can get the pictures, in our case that is and was true my band did not work to get the pictures even thou we are linked. But since I linked her thru my account we were able to view pictures but not download them. After numerous trips to the stores in Disney everyone telling us a different store and all of them wrong. We finally got our answers, 6 hours of total frustration and going back to ask more questions to be told our problem was two first and formost MM is not iPad computable, and we only have iPads. You can not download pictures on an iPad, it will not work. Second the MM was linked to her band but my account, so after another round of phone calls and transfers we finally got them to link it to my account to get the pictures, but we still had the problem of only having iPads. So we had to get my dd who was not on vacation with us to log into my account, use my passwords and download the pictures onto her Mac. Oh but wait many did not download, MM obviously is not Mac comparable either. Another three phone calls and we are still waiting to here if we finally got the photos.

I will never buy again. First not enough places or photographers, in ak, ep, and HS there is only two places they are standing. Many rides do not have photography, many times the ride ones do not show up. And when you do bell,s tales you get 100 pictures of people you don't know. Many dining don't have pictures of the characters either. Also many of the pictures on iPad are very blurry.

My experience it is a total waste of time and money. I fell it is the one place Disney stole our money, and until people in the stores can actually help you and fix problems, or until Disney can be honest and tell you it is not iPad comparable, and until they can have enough photographers I. The parks and fix the problems with rides not showing up, this is one product that just is not worth the money.

I can tell you this about MM. Don't ask Disney CM how it works none of them know. We bought it for our trip march 12-24. It comes with no instructions, or so little instructions that you don't know what to do. I linked it to dd band, instructions say that is the only one who can get the pictures, in our case that is and was true my band did not work to get the pictures even thou we are linked. But since I linked her thru my account we were able to view pictures but not download them. After numerous trips to the stores in Disney everyone telling us a different store and all of them wrong. We finally got our answers, 6 hours of total frustration and going back to ask more questions to be told our problem was two first and formost MM is not iPad computable, and we only have iPads. You can not download pictures on an iPad, it will not work. Second the MM was linked to her band but my account, so after another round of phone calls and transfers we finally got them to link it to my account to get the pictures, but we still had the problem of only having iPads. So we had to get my dd who was not on vacation with us to log into my account, use my passwords and download the pictures onto her Mac. Oh but wait many did not download, MM obviously is not Mac comparable either. Another three phone calls and we are still waiting to here if we finally got the photos.

I will never buy again. First not enough places or photographers, in ak, ep, and HS there is only two places they are standing. Many rides do not have photography, many times the ride ones do not show up. And when you do bell,s tales you get 100 pictures of people you don't know. Many dining don't have pictures of the characters either. Also many of the pictures on iPad are very blurry.

My experience it is a total waste of time and money. I fell it is the one place Disney stole our money, and until people in the stores can actually help you and fix problems, or until Disney can be honest and tell you it is not iPad comparable, and until they can have enough photographers I. The parks and fix the problems with rides not showing up, this is one product that just is not worth the money.
Omg! My MM is currently linked to DH but it's under my account as DH does not have an account. Sounds like I'm going to have the same problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter