Let me see your Disney Rooms!

This was a most enjoyable thread to peruse over my morning coffee. At my home, the Disney theme is sprinkled around the house like Pixie Dust. Most rooms have something Disney displayed. :thumbsup2

Ok, you all have inspired me! The boys have been wanting to do some painting for a while.

Today I am starting with their bathroom cabinets.....I will be attempting to do a black glaze over older wood cabinets for a "pirate" themed bathroom.

I will have to report back....

Great.....now I have work to do all day! :laughing:

Dawn

Ok, you all have inspired me! The boys have been wanting to do some painting for a while.

Today I am starting with their bathroom cabinets.....I will be attempting to do a black glaze over older wood cabinets for a "pirate" themed bathroom.

I will have to report back....

Great.....now I have work to do all day! :laughing:

Dawn

You will half to post some picts when your done with it. Id love to see them.

Ok, guys! I finished painting the cabinets in the boys' bedroom. I took all the doors and drawers off and used a black with glaze (half and half) and used a streaking brush to paint with. Then I ragged it off a bit and then after that dried, I went back over it splotches with just some added darker streaks in random areas to look extra old and beat up.

It turned out really well! But the hardware doesn't go anymore, so I need to get some new hardware before I put it all back on and take pics.

Suggestions for hardware?

Thanks!,

Dawn

Ok, guys! I finished painting the cabinets in the boys' bedroom. I took all the doors and drawers off and used a black with glaze (half and half) and used a streaking brush to paint with. Then I ragged it off a bit and then after that dried, I went back over it splotches with just some added darker streaks in random areas to look extra old and beat up.

It turned out really well! But the hardware doesn't go anymore, so I need to get some new hardware before I put it all back on and take pics.

Suggestions for hardware?

Thanks!,

Dawn

There is several things that you could do. You could look to see if there is any hook like handles anywhere or you can get the wood and make any shaped things you want and put on them. My husband did the Mickey hands. Or you can go the easy way and get the ceramic white ones and just paint something on them. You could always go on the internet and look for disney stuff. They do have some of that kinds of stuff at Disney too.

I was just thinking to myself today that I wanted to get rid of all of my Disney VHS tapes and trade them in for DVDs and how crazy I would be if I actually spent the money to do that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Some of you have me wonderfully beat!!!!!!!:worship:

I was just thinking to myself today that I wanted to get rid of all of my Disney VHS tapes and trade them in for DVDs and how crazy I would be if I actually spent the money to do that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Some of you have me wonderfully beat!!!!!!!:worship:

Cant you convert your vhs to disc? Im gonna try and do that but I half to have the time. It would be cheeper to do it that way.

The rooms are great! To think I'm trying to weed out some stuff. Especially my Pooh stuffy collection. I tried to convince myself it was for our child someday, ha! ;) We are hopefully closer to that child, due to our adoption journey, but once I started putting stuff in the nursery.... there was NO WHERE for it all to go and a baby too. :lmao: So I had to cut back. I gave some stuffys to nieces and nephews. I still have tons and tons and tons. Some are in season boxes though and come out for Holidays only. I have some shelves in a cabinet of glass Pooh stuff and 2 shelves of water globes, various Disney. I'll have to post pics of the Poohish nursery as soon as I upload new ones.

I just realized that I do have a Disney room. It's just that the Disney picture in it changes a lot.

51443152-M.jpg

51518481-M.jpg

I WANT THAT ROOM!!!!!!!!! I''m ESPECIALLY jealous of that projector/screen combo!!! Do you mind me asking, what type of projector that is???? It's amazing how sharp/clear the picture is, even in a snapshot! :worship:

Cant you convert your vhs to disc? Im gonna try and do that but I half to have the time. It would be cheeper to do it that way.

Yea I could do that but I would really miss out on the clarity of the movie. We have a 60 inch hd tv and I've been thinking about actually purchasing a Blu Ray Disk Player and upgrading my movies to those. But what was funny, I saw 48 disney vhs tapes on ebay for $40. I have at least the same amount. I can't believe how much money I spent on those and now they are worth next to nothing!

Ok we are doing another Disney room. My grandsons room. Its not quite finished yet but almost. My husband made the bed and I covered it. My daughter painted the room and put up the boarder.

2323232327Ffp43283nu32357_833WSN-1.jpg

2323232327Ffp43283nu32357_833WSN-3.jpg

2323232327Ffp43283nu32357_833WSN-4.jpg

Heres my daughters Princess bedroom..still need to add the blinds, curtains, shelves, pictures, lamps, and murals.

Etc2009285.jpg

Etc2009288.jpg

Etc2009290-1.jpg

Etc2009299.jpg

Etc2009301.jpg

Etc2009303.jpg

Etc2009313.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter