Let’s Talk Mask Designs and Styles!

I think that’s only the case with the ones that have the cool air valve on them right?

If we wear them, it’d just be on the plane. We have our cloth ones and disposable ones ready for the parks.
yes it's the one with the valve. I plan on wearing the disposable ones for the parks. I think they are the most comfortable plus I don't want to worry about washing them.

I experimented making masks out of boredom. I found that the best ones were the ones I made from the sleeves of old cotton t-shirts. They are easy to breathe through, cover very well, and are easy to put on. I've ordered masks from Red Bubble, Caraa, Old Navy, Disney, and Purple, but have not received any of those yet.
I'm interested to see how you like the ones from Old Navy. They look like they would be comfortable and inexpensive.

I'm interested to see how you like the ones from Old Navy. They look like they would be comfortable and inexpensive.

I really like the masks from Old Navy. They fit well and wash well too. I got two different patterns. I did not like the masks from Caraa. They seem too thin.

For a lighter weight filter for cloth masks, chiffon is an option. The masks I’ve made have a pocket to insert a filter and I found chiffon to cut up as filters.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04...y-some-fabrics-can-filter-nearly-well-an-n95/
LA Times had a photo of Fabric Planet in their article on protests in Venice beach. No damage to the chill little shop so I looked them up online and Etsy. They have chiffon and organza available. I placed an order yesterday and all items were shipped within a couple of hours!

I really like the masks from Old Navy. They fit well and wash well too. I got two different patterns. I did not like the masks from Caraa. They seem too thin.
thanks - once our stores open I'll see if I can grab some.

Under Armour now sells masks that are moisture-wicking and have a cool feel to them.

I’m buying 1 for DD to try because she was just hired at a dance-cardio studio. I was surprised they are planning to have their grand-opening soon but it’s probably because they are in OC...while here in San Diego, DH and I are canceling our gym membership to continue our quest to stay safe.

These look a little severe but UA plans to eventually have more colors:
https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/ua-sportsmask/pid1368010

Under Armour now sells masks that are moisture-wicking and have a cool feel to them.

I’m buying 1 for DD to try because she was just hired at a dance-cardio studio. I was surprised they are planning to have their grand-opening soon but it’s probably because they are in OC...while here in San Diego, DH and I are canceling our gym membership to continue our quest to stay safe.

Interesting! Please let us know how your DD likes this and how it works out for her. We are trying to think of masks that could work for swing dancing if it returns to DL.

I do barre workouts in LA and the studio is opening soon. They've been doing online classes, and one of the teachers said they will send and email about reopening...so it's coming to LA too. I think as of today gyms are allowed to reopen here.

I do barre workouts in LA and the studio is opening soon. They've been doing online classes, and one of the teachers said they will send and email about reopening...so it's coming to LA too. I think as of today gyms are allowed to reopen here.
Our gym also opened today but without group classes. I always used free-weights in the group room because no one was around at 5am.

Alas, even with my FitBit telling me I have excellent cardio-health, I have exercise-induced asthma...2 runD 10Ks witthin 3 months made me realize at my age my lungs no longer recover all that well. At least canceling the gym isn’t as sad as canceling our APs especially knowing DTD now reopens on my bday. 😞

Will report back if DD is able to wear the UA mask to a workout.

Does anyone have specific brand recommendations for cheaper neck gaiters/tubes? I’m overwhelmed with the options. I hear Buff is good (and I see a few people mentioned it here), but it’s hard for me to swallow a $20-30 purchase for something that might not work for me.

We haven't used these gaiters, but I'm thinking of ordering them. The Tim Tracker wore one to Universal in a recent video and seemed to be very comfortable, and his sunglasses didn't appear to fog up, which is a huge issue for me (I wear glasses).

I just ordered a Mission gaiter after hearing good reports. It is for my husband, but if he likes it, I might get one too.

Old Navy’s been stocking their masks pretty quickly! I ordered some Saturday and they’ve already shipped- said they’ll arrive Thursday. Just fyi if anyone wanted to try theirs- i’m hoping the kids size fits my son- he’s like right in between size since he’s 10.

Of all the masks I've bought, I like the Old Navy ones the best. They are well made, wash nicely, and fit well.
Just received some from Red Bubble and am very disappointed. They are thin and have no shape whatsoever. I will have to take a small dart in each side in order for them to fit against my face. I will be receiving some tomorrow from Purple.

We haven't used these gaiters, but I'm thinking of ordering them. The Tim Tracker wore one to Universal in a recent video and seemed to be very comfortable, and his sunglasses didn't appear to fog up, which is a huge issue for me (I wear glasses).
Did you see the video where he tested the gaiter on the roller coaster? It would not stay up at all, and he said the regular paper masks were much cooler (and stayed on during the ride no problem). Kinda glad I decided against the gaiter myself.

Edit to add;
I think if I did decide on a gaiter, I would modify it with a draw-string at the top to keep it from falling down. That was going to be my plan anyway.

It's the reverse Darth Vader (Dude! I can see you clear as day - what's with the weird breathing?)
Do they have a kids version you can use to get that extra foot of height they need to get on the rides?

(Came in late, so I've only read page 1 and this page...and skimmed for pictures, of course!)

I've been making my own using the Joann Fabrics pattern. They're very simple pleated ones, but I find them "comfortable" (as much as any masks are :laughing:) and I like them because I can have fun with the fabric. :teeth:

The first ones I made were from a Frozen(Olaf) print for me, and a Celtics print for DH, as I already had the material from other projects:

My DS prefers bandannas, and we do have some disposables as back-ups to keep in our cars.

Did you see the video where he tested the gaiter on the roller coaster? It would not stay up at all, and he said the regular paper masks were much cooler (and stayed on during the ride no problem). Kinda glad I decided against the gaiter myself.

Edit to add;
I think if I did decide on a gaiter, I would modify it with a draw-string at the top to keep it from falling down. That was going to be my plan anyway.

I've been considering the gaiter style that has cut outs for the ears. I wonder if that would help it stay on better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter