Let’s Talk Mask Designs and Styles!

This piece is interesting as we’ve been using gaitors- but I imagine those would be fine?
Do those fall down on you? I only wear them on my dogs walks (or I will wear a bandana) because they slide down so often. I will pull them up when I pass someone, but I couldn't wear one for a park visit or a trip to the store, etc, due to it sliding down and me having to constantly touch myself to pull it back up.
Does anyone have specific brand recommendations for cheaper neck gaiters/tubes? I’m overwhelmed with the options. I hear Buff is good (and I see a few people mentioned it here), but it’s hard for me to swallow a $20-30 purchase for something that might not work for me.
I bought 2 Buffs from REI online after walking with a friend who had one. They slide down often. I walk my dogs for an hour every day and probably have to pull it back up 6-8 times in that hour. It's possible that my head is just smaller than most people, but I don't recommend Buff for several hours of use if you don't want to keep touching your face to pull it back up.

Do those fall down on you? I only wear them on my dogs walks (or I will wear a bandana) because they slide down so often. I will pull them up when I pass someone, but I couldn't wear one for a park visit or a trip to the store, etc, due to it sliding down and me having to constantly touch myself to pull it back up.
I bought 2 Buffs from REI online after walking with a friend who had one. They slide down often. I walk my dogs for an hour every day and probably have to pull it back up 6-8 times in that hour. It's possible that my head is just smaller than most people, but I don't recommend Buff for several hours of use if you don't want to keep touching your face to pull it back up.
I've found that the generic Buffs on Amazon vary from a little to a lot smaller than the name brand, so always check the measurements before ordering. The smaller ones may work better as gaitors. Since both DH and I are using the Buffs/generics, I've found that tying a small to medium knot in the back to adjust the sizing makes them fit snug-but-not-tight for me. For DH, they fit fine without any knot. If I wear my hair in a bun, no knot is needed, thanks to way too much hair that badly needs a trim!

I experimented making masks out of boredom. I found that the best ones were the ones I made from the sleeves of old cotton t-shirts. They are easy to breathe through, cover very well, and are easy to put on. I've ordered masks from Red Bubble, Caraa, Old Navy, Disney, and Purple, but have not received any of those yet.

We ordered masks from Etsy, I think they are expected to be here next week. I looked at the reviews for gaiters and am thinking about getting the Mission ones....

So at the advice of a friend who’s been having to wear a mask in a construction office in the heat (!! poor girl) she said the disposable masks, while not cute, are much more comfortable than a cloth one.

I ordered these on Amazon and tested it and it really was better than my cloth ones. But... it’s not pretty! 😂 Either way thought I’d share if heat is a concern for some folks. They seem to be good quality and haven’t had issues with any breaking or anything. They arrived in one day but now it’s saying much later- could probably find similar ones on Amazon.

Wish Disposable Face Mask, Pack Of 50, Wide Earloop for Extra Comfort, 1count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087LQQYBQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_huD3Eb6SFXNT7

Wouldn’t it be cool if they had a photo op in the mask free rest areas so families could get their no mask photo? Call me Disney I have ideas.

So at the advice of a friend who’s been having to wear a mask in a construction office in the heat (!! poor girl) she said the disposable masks, while not cute, are much more comfortable than a cloth one.
That was also my experience working in a warm environment the other day, where I had to talk almost the entire time for several hours. I had my really nice cotton one that a friend made, but it became too humid inside of it when having to talk that much. I ended up getting a paper one from a nearby office and it was much better. It was kind of cute, in that it was a pink/lavendar color, but I haven't seen that color for sale anywhere.

I ordered these on Amazon and tested it and it really was better than my cloth ones. But... it’s not pretty! 😂 Either way thought I’d share if heat is a concern for some folks. They seem to be good quality and haven’t had issues with any breaking or anything. They arrived in one day but now it’s saying much later- could probably find similar ones on Amazon.

Wish Disposable Face Mask, Pack Of 50, Wide Earloop for Extra Comfort, 1count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087LQQYBQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_huD3Eb6SFXNT7
I just noticed this. I normally use disposable masks , but at times I’ll use a cloth one. Walking around the other day in the cloth mask and it was very uncomfortable. Yesterday I walked around with a. Disposable one and it was much easier to breathe in.

I think once I know the parks will be open I will buy some disposables.

Last edited:

Totally agree! I wear my fabric ones when out grocery shopping, or doing errands, etc. And while they're comfortable in how they fit, I don't find trying to breathe all that great and it does get hot in warmer weather. (By nature of they're supposed to do, I follow the guidelines for using face coverings with sturdier fabrics for regular errands; for hiking I use my Buff, which is a thinner fabric.) But it's fine since I'm not wearing it for very long. But I definitely plan to use disposable ones when I visit the parks. They're layered, but much lighter, making it easier to breathe. Plus it'll be so easy to bring a bunch and replace if needed throughout the day.

I mostly use my cloth masks when I am out shopping or around the neighborhood. I have finally been able to get some disposable paper ones to have on hand. I do think for the parks in the summer it will need to be disposable ones. I prefer my Harvey's masks (the people who make the seatbelt bags and are local in Santa Ana) or some I got from a person who runs a Facebook Disney group who has designed and put several different designs on Etsy.

I finally received the masks I ordered from Old Navy and from Caraa. The Old Navy ones are very comfortable, fit the face well, and are easy to breathe through. They are plenty big enough for a guy or anyone with a large face. I haven't tried the Caraa ones yet but they are very light and should work fine.
I noticed that someone here was talking about Disney masks. Red Bubble has 7000+ Disney masks to choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter