Let’s talk fried chicken sandwiches!!

Crispy Chicken Sandwich on the Dinner Menu at The Plaza Restaurant on MSUSA in MK is good.

If you just want a fast food fried chicken sandwich, you should walk over to the McDonald's between All-Star and Blizzard Beach and get a McCrispy sandwich at least one time. Not that the sandwich there is any different from any other McDonald's franchise, but it's an unique building unlike any other McDonald's.

It used to be much better but for a QS at MK the chicken and waffles from Sleepy Hollow CANNOT be beat. It's one of the best options at MK for a rather cheap and quick and tasty "snack" which is really more of a full lunch portion.

If you just want a fast food fried chicken sandwich, you should walk over to the McDonald's between All-Star and Blizzard Beach and get a McCrispy sandwich at least one time. Not that the sandwich there is any different from any other McDonald's franchise, but it's a unique building unlike any other McDonald's.
That building is pretty cool.

It used to be much better but for a QS at MK the chicken and waffles from Sleepy Hollow CANNOT be beat. It's one of the best options at MK for a rather cheap and quick and tasty "snack" which is really more of a full lunch portion.
My daughter always get it. She had it the other day. It’s too spicy for me. I wish you could get it without the sauce. I just go get 4 spring rolls and I’m good. Lol

It's def hard as someone living in the south to find Homecomin authentic. I am not born and raised in the south but have lived in the Carolinas for over 20 years and the food at Homecomin is what I call boogie southern cooking, it fits the bill but it's definitely not the best; but it works when you throw a "southern cooking" restaurant into a tourist mall in central FL. I'm not a big fried chicken fan and tend to hang my hat on southern BBQ and nothing about the BBQ at homecomin is that good especially for that price point. Not the worst but it's on par with reagle eagle at Epcot which is decent for theme park fare. I agree with many that have found Homecomin overrated.

Chicken Guy is meh, hit or miss fast food. The sauces is what makes Chicken Guy a bit better but in the end, DS hangs their hat on bringing big names to the area and not all of them are necessarily that great especially when they're chain restaurants. The Chicken at GFlo Cafe in the chicken and waffles is pretty good. I'll have to try the chicken sandwich at Geyser Pointe since their food is usually pretty good.

My daughter always get it. She had it the other day. It’s too spicy for me. I wish you could get it without the sauce. I just go get 4 spring rolls and I’m good. Lol
Although I like spice I agree that you should be able to get it plain which would taste just as good. The chicken they used used to be better and plumper but it's still very tasty and a fabulous value for what you can get on the fly at MK.

You are my people. I have eaten at Homecomin’ a few times. I always think I’m missing something or I ordered the wrong thing. My kids can make better mac and cheese than this place - I think Kraft can, too, and I don’t like Kraft. My southern mil cooks way better chicken and biscuits than Art Smith.

I’ll add that I also think Chicken Guy is trash. The young kids in my traveling group have liked it, but they only eat chicken tenders and grilled cheese, so I don’t really trust their opinions. They cut back on their sauces, which are the only things giving their chicken any flavor. For someone who calls himself the mayor of Flavortown, this place hasn’t got much - except for the fries, which are 🔥. I never think I’m a picky eater until people start asking for Disney food recs 😆.
I've been to Homecomin once, and the chicken fried steak was good, but the moonshine drinks were the star of the show. I think people who go there just have a good time and don't remember why.

Chicken Guy's mac n cheese is really good, but the chicken is bland and kind of sad. Thinnest tenders I've ever seen.

It's def hard as someone living in the south to find Homecomin authentic. I am not born and raised in the south but have lived in the Carolinas for over 20 years and the food at Homecomin is what I call boogie southern cooking, it fits the bill but it's definitely not the best; but it works when you throw a "southern cooking" restaurant into a tourist mall in central FL. I'm not a big fried chicken fan and tend to hang my hat on southern BBQ and nothing about the BBQ at homecomin is that good especially for that price point. Not the worst but it's on par with reagle eagle at Epcot which is decent for theme park fare. I agree with many that have found Homecomin overrated.

Chicken Guy is meh, hit or miss fast food. The sauces is what makes Chicken Guy a bit better but in the end, DS hangs their hat on bringing big names to the area and not all of them are necessarily that great especially when they're chain restaurants. The Chicken at GFlo Cafe in the chicken and waffles is pretty good. I'll have to try the chicken sandwich at Geyser Pointe since their food is usually pretty good.
Reagle Eagle is way to good for what and where it is. Much better than the polite pig. we've done Chicken Guy 1 time on our last trip and really liked it. we ordered too much food and could have just gone with the loaded mac and cheese. we will try it again if not this trip in June than in December.

I've ordered it without the glaze. I will say they gave me one w/it but when I pointed out the mistake they gave me another sandwich very quickly.

Reagle Eagle is way to good for what and where it is. Much better than the polite pig. we've done Chicken Guy 1 time on our last trip and really liked it. we ordered too much food and could have just gone with the loaded mac and cheese. we will try it again if not this trip in June than in December.
I still haven’t eaten there. I have wanted to try it but didn’t know if it was good.

You can? I always thought they were all glazed
That's what I thought too! But if you look at the mobile order under customize your selection you can request it w/o the glaze &/or slaw. Just a good idea to double check the finished to make sure they got it right, especially when they are busy.

Deff good but salty. I might have got a bad one. lol bit deff was good for lunch.

I had the hot honey fried chicken sandwich at connections yesterday
Edit cause my big fingers posted too early
Anyway I had it yesterday and loved it. Hot fresh tasting. Not salty and I am sensitive to salt. It was messy but huge piece of chicken. Only bad thing was they put a big stack of pickles all in one spot on it lol. Would get again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter