Let’s talk fried chicken sandwiches!!

jimim

DIS Veteran
Ok people. I’m in line. A long line. lol. Let’s discuss.

Chick fillet is popular. You all know it is. We have seen the lines wrapped around the building where we all live.

I love me some good fried chicken.

The day we land we always end up at polite pig. I love smoked food so I always get brisket or pulled pork or something on that line.

Saturday I decided to get the fried chicken sandwich. It wasn’t the sweet tea one they have sometimes. I’m not a mayo fan so I told the girl to give me it plain but with a side of the bacon onion jam. She looked at me weird but then said that does sound good. I totally forgot to tell her to give me the slaw for it but no big deal.

Let me tell you. Great chicken sandwich. That bacon onion jam is really good too.

So down the road my kids go to chicken guy. My daughter got the fired chicken sandwich there. She really liked it. I had a bite of it. Very good also.

These 2 sandwiches I feel are much much better than homecomin’. More moist. Just better overall

Connections over in epcot also has a pretty decent one for fast food. It’s salty though. At least the one I had bit for on the run good.

Where else are there some good fried chicken sandwiches right now on property?

Or anything else similiar.

Side note cause my posts always seem to go there. The chicken and waffles that akl jambo house room service used to have was really good also.

All the best. I don’t think this line is moving either but I’m don’t support the use of genie plus. Sorry. Lol

I'm on record as thinking Homecomin' is the most overrated restaurant on property; I found their chicken very underseasoned and thought 50s Primetime had better!

I enjoy the chicken and waffle at Grand Floridian Cafe...and I'm not normally one for cornflake crust. But it's consistently moist and always seasoned nicely. I like to ask for extra sriracha honey though.

I hear you with it being overrated. I agree. When it first first opened we had a few meals there that were good but now I feel it’s just a whole lotta food but yes kinda dry and bland. I feel bad saying it but true.

My best experience r there was hitting the adult lemonade pretty hard and the server coming over to me with a bag of those donuts and said “here eat these to soak it all up while your wife shops now”. lol. They were so warm and good. He must have gave me like 12 plus of them. Lol

I'm on record as thinking Homecomin' is the most overrated restaurant on property; I found their chicken very underseasoned and thought 50s Primetime had better!

I enjoy the chicken and waffle at Grand Floridian Cafe...and I'm not normally one for cornflake crust. But it's consistently moist and always seasoned nicely. I like to ask for extra sriracha honey though.
You are my people. I have eaten at Homecomin’ a few times. I always think I’m missing something or I ordered the wrong thing. My kids can make better mac and cheese than this place - I think Kraft can, too, and I don’t like Kraft. My southern mil cooks way better chicken and biscuits than Art Smith.

I’ll add that I also think Chicken Guy is trash. The young kids in my traveling group have liked it, but they only eat chicken tenders and grilled cheese, so I don’t really trust their opinions. They cut back on their sauces, which are the only things giving their chicken any flavor. For someone who calls himself the mayor of Flavortown, this place hasn’t got much - except for the fries, which are 🔥. I never think I’m a picky eater until people start asking for Disney food recs 😆.

You are my people. I have eaten at Homecomin’ a few times. I always think I’m missing something or I ordered the wrong thing. My kids can make better mac and cheese than this place - I think Kraft can, too, and I don’t like Kraft. My southern mil cooks way better chicken and biscuits than Art Smith.
I really think Homecomin gets hyped up by people who aren't used to eating southern food. If you've had the real thing it's just whatever. I grew up on soul food and frankly make better chicken at home.

I’ll add that I also think Chicken Guy is trash. The young kids in my traveling group have liked it, but they only eat chicken tenders and grilled cheese, so I don’t really trust their opinions. They cut back on their sauces, which are the only things giving their chicken any flavor. For someone who calls himself the mayor of Flavortown, this place hasn’t got much - except for the fries, which are 🔥. I never think I’m a picky eater until people start asking for Disney food recs 😆.
The mac and cheese used to be really solid at Homecoming but the last time I went I thought it tasted super chemically and stale, like it's been sitting around for a few days.

Also 100% agree about Chicken Guy. I never understood the praise since their chicken is garbage and is being carried by the sauces. If your chicken sucks but the sauces are good, then your chicken restaurant is a failure.

I really think Homecomin gets hyped up by people who aren't used to eating southern food. If you've had the real thing it's just whatever. I grew up on soul food and frankly make better chicken at home.
I feel that's the case for most restaurants at Disney tbh. Morimoto Asia isn't bad by any means but it would close within a month if it opened near me.

So back to chicken guy. I’m not a fan of their strips either but the sandwich wasn’t bad.

Right now polite pig is prob my favorite place to eat on property. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. I base this on the number of things I would order off the menu and also the food is consistent.

I didn't try it, but I saw a fried chicken sandwich on the menu at Geyser Point a few days ago. I was impressed with the food we had there, so might be worth a try next time!

I've never been but I know the Turtle Shack at Old Key West has a fried chicken sandwich that people like. I have had the buttermilk chicken at Olivia's and it was quite nice, so if it's similar, I think it would probably be a hit.

My uncle raves about the fried chicken sandwich at the Paddock Grill. I think on one trip, he went and got it like 5 out of the 7 days they were there.

I have enjoyed the fried chicken sandwich at Homecoming, but my struggle is always getting it to go, and then by the time I get back to my resort, it's not really crispy, the lettuce is a bit soggy, etc etc. But, flavor-wise, I thought it was great the one time I had it and fine the other time.

I also enjoy Chicken Guy for what it is. I am a pretty basic person, so...a mound of fresh lettuce and some sauce on top is really all I need to be happy.

One that I think may be on my list for next trip will be Everglazed.

I never even realized this place was down there. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks!
If you Google Pepe and Mammoth Club videos, Alan and Molly ate there several times recently.

Fried Chicken Sandwich at the Paddock Grill at SSR is really good. The one that used to be on the menu at WL Roaring Fork was terrible though, made me sick TBH.

I didn't try it, but I saw a fried chicken sandwich on the menu at Geyser Point a few days ago. I was impressed with the food we had there, so might be worth a try next time!
Let the us know if you try it. We really enjoy Geyser Point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter