Let’s play what’s wrong with me..physically- small update, pg.3

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
Yes, I am posting a medical question here.

Yes, I already have an appointment booked with my GP to get this looked at.

Yes, I am generally interested if anyone has some insight.

So, about a year and half ago I had a hysterectomy because during a routine hpv test (before starting an ms treatment) it was discovered I had cervical cancer. I know this last part isn’t really relevant but I’m trying to give as much detail as I can.

About a month after that surgery, I had kidney stones on my right side. I had a ct scan done at the time and in the write up the tech said I had some small pockets of scar tissue around the top of the incision. I forget the medical term, but that’s what it was.

That’s the background, now here’s the current issue...

Approximately a month ago, I felt a mass in my abdomen, on my left side. It’s definitely something new, and it’s not normal. It’s the shape of an overstuffed burrito and about 10-15 cm long. No, that’s not an exaggeration. It’s huge. I can feel it more defined if I sit in certain positions, like if I arch my back a bit..like pushing it out a bit.

It doesn’t hurt at all to push on it. It gets uncomfortable if I push on it too much, but it’s almost like the pain is from whatever organs are underneath it, if that makes sense.

I don’t have a fever, or chills, or a rash, or vomiting, or anything. The only thing I notice is that I can’t eat as much as usual. Maybe it’s pushing on my stomach or something?

One last thing..it’s nowhere near my scar.

I’ve been joking that I hope it’s not a leftover glove or sponge from my surgery, but if it was that, wouldn’t the ct scan see it anyway?

So, now, for anyone who cares to diagnose me, go for it lol

I tried to put down anything that could be relevant, but if you need more info, ask away.

Were your ovaries removed during your hysterectomy? If they weren't, it could be an ovarian cyst. Or hernia.

hernia? hope you feel better soon!

The first thing that jumped out at me was hernia. Where exactly is it?

See, I thought maybe a hernia but I always thought those were really painful. This doesn’t hurt at all. Like, not a little bit. I don’t even remember how I discovered it.

As to where it is, it’s on the left side of my abdomen, almost running straight up and down.

Were your ovaries removed during your hysterectomy? If they weren't, it could be an ovarian cyst. Or hernia.

I kept my ovaries so that I didn’t go into premature menopause. It could be a cyst but this thing is huge. I guess I’m mostly confused because of the lack of symptoms. I’m hoping my dr schedules me for a ct scan or an mri. He’s a good dr so I know he won’t tell me to just live with it.

See, I thought maybe a hernia but I always thought those were really painful. This doesn’t hurt at all. Like, not a little bit. I don’t even remember how I discovered it.

As to where it is, it’s on the left side of my abdomen, almost running straight up and down.

I kept my ovaries so that I didn’t go into premature menopause. It could be a cyst but this thing is huge. I guess I’m mostly confused because of the lack of symptoms. I’m hoping my dr schedules me for a ct scan or an mri. He’s a good dr so I know he won’t tell me to just live with it.
I had a double hernia, apparently for years prior to surgery for repair. I did not know I had them until one day I picked something a bit heavy up and I felt something "move" in my stomach. No pain, just an uncomfortable feeling that I decided to get checked out. Surgery fixed me up a couple weeks later.

Could be a lipoma. I just had a 14 cm one removed from my leg.

You know what? I just read up on this and it fits 100%. The only thing I don’t know about is family history, but I don’t think there is.

It’s easy to self diagnose, and I’m careful not to, but this checks a lot of boxes. I’ll definitely ask my dr his thoughts on it. Thank you.

Is it on the surface, like can you see it? Or do you only feel it when you push down on your abdomen? Is it hard and rubbery feeling or soft and squishy?

When you cough does it extend?
Or put your thumb in your mouth and blow, does it extend then.
That is hernia. I've had 8......they didn't hurt at all.
Mine where from a previous surgery ....internal stitches popping open. It doesn't have to be where the incision you see is, but can be along the internal line.

Is it on the surface, like can you see it? Or do you only feel it when you push down on your abdomen? Is it hard and rubbery feeling or soft and squishy?

No, you can’t see it on the surface. I am pretty overweight but I still think it’s deep enough that it wouldn’t be seen either way. I’d say it is hard and rubbery. It definitely doesn’t squish in when I press on it.

When you cough does it extend?
Or put your thumb in your mouth and blow, does it extend then.
That is hernia. I've had 8......they didn't hurt at all.
Mine where from a previous surgery ....internal stitches popping open. It doesn't have to be where the incision you see is, but can be along the internal line.

No, it doesn’t expand when I cough or blow.

No, you can’t see it on the surface. I am pretty overweight but I still think it’s deep enough that it wouldn’t be seen either way. I’d say it is hard and rubbery. It definitely doesn’t squish in when I press on it.

Ok. This is going to sound weird, but it might just be your colon. Are you by chance struggling with constipation or do you have IBS or any intestinal disorder that causes inflammation? I have IBS-C and can often feel a similar lump on my left side, just in front of my hip bone and in towards my belly button about an inch. It's my colon. It gets like that when I'm backed up or after an IBS attack (it hardens due to either being "full" or from inflammation and can be easily felt). When I am particularly backed up, I can feel it when I take a deep breath. It feels like it catches under my rib. It's very uncomfortable. The descending colon is quite long and feels exactly as you described (like a full burrito that is vertical).

No, it doesn’t expand when I cough or blow.
This is why I don't think it's a lipoma. They are very common; my DH had one on his neck so large it increased his shirt size. They are almost always topical though. If you have ever seen Dr. Pimple Popper on TLC, practically everything she treats is a lipoma and can be removed relatively simply with an in-office procedure.

:scratchin If your's is actually inside you, well, my guess would something else.

upload_2019-4-23_17-21-9.png

Ok. This is going to sound weird, but it might just be your colon. Are you by chance struggling with constipation or do you have IBS or any intestinal disorder that causes inflammation? I have IBS-C and can often feel a similar lump on my left side, just in front of my hip bone and in towards my belly button about an inch. It's my colon. It gets like that when I'm backed up or after an IBS attack (it hardens due to either being "full" or from inflammation and can be easily felt). When I am particularly backed up, I can feel it when I take a deep breath. It feels like it catches under my rib. It's very uncomfortable. The descending colon is quite long and feels exactly as you described (like a full burrito that is vertical).

My first thought was could OP have a bit of a bowel obstruction?

cyst, lipoma, hernia

I was going to say fibroids, but those should be gone after the hysterectomy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter