LAX to Disneyland neighbour hood, hotel transportation needed

CaymanJet

Earning My Ears
What’s the best way to get from LAX to a Disneyland neighbourhood hotel? We’re undecided on whether to get a car rental but feel we don’t really need one while we’re at the parks. I was looking into shuttles and came across SuperShuttle and was just about to book. I went on to read some reviews about 10 of them and they were all negative having received poor service so Obviously I decided not to book with them. I’m looking for recommendations, we are a family of five travelling with carryons only.

I always use Supershuttle and never had any issues. I guess some people may not have researched the traffic system at LAX. Its a one way system so depending on which terminal your flight lands at you may get stuck in the LAX traffic.

I usually count the journey time from when we leave LAX property and it usually takes about an hour, again depending on LA traffic.

Will you need boosters or car seats? Many posters here use Uber/Lyft. They don't provide boosters or car seats. If boosters are needed, travel boosters like Mifold or Bubblebum (look on Amazon.com for the lowest prices) receive good reviews here. Lansky's car service gets very good reviews here. They will provide car seats and include one short grocery store stop on the way to your hotel (very convenient to pick up water, snacks, soda, etc.).

When I did that research last summer I found bad reviews just about everything that’s pvovides transportation...( shuttles, rentals just about everything...)
I think the problem really is traffic (to La and then LAX itself) it is not easy to predict so it is important to provide enough extra time in case something goes wrong!

That said I was scared away from those supershuttles and used the Disney resort express and just hoped it works out because some reviews were also bad...
And it worked out great! Yes, it took us some time from the terminal to Disneyland but not having to drive a rental there after like 15h traveling sound the world was great just sitting and napping or looking through the window...

We used rental cars prior to the last trip and the last time we did it was awful... we waited probably about an hour at the gate Bus stop at LAX for the shuttle to the rental center and then about another hour to rent the car as there was along line ( maybe even longer) and then we still had to drive to Disneyland...

Another thing to remember is that there are tons of people using all those shuttles each and every day and usallly it works out but those often don’t post reviews...

If you are looking for affordability then I suggest first off doing the math - 5 people it will add up just paying to go back and forth on a shuttle. Disneyland express would be $240 if you are all over 11 - and honestly you can get rentals for that price especially if all you have is carry on luggage so you would not need a larger sized vehicle. Course if you are not staying at a hotel with free parking then that changes it altogether.

I think you will read bad reviews for anything as well - I have read awful reviews for rental cars and the difference we have found is to make sure you are signed up with whatever frequent customer feature the rental company have - FastBreak for Budget has worked wonders for us - no line, just stop grab your car and go - but if you have to wait to see an agent at the counter - that would be awful.

You will get great advice here though from people who have used all the options I am sure!

My husband took a Lyft from Disneyland to LAX on Sunday afternoon for $61 including tip. He got the smallest car they had, with a party of 5 you would need a larger vehicle, but it would still probably be cheaper than a shuttle.

We always use the Disneyland Resort Express with no issues. Just be sure you are standing in the right spot when it passes or you have to wait at least an hour for the next bus.

We always use the Disneyland Resort Express with no issues. Just be sure you are standing in the right spot when it passes or you have to wait at least an hour for the next bus.
Hi can you use the Disneyland resort express if you’re staying at neighbourhood hotel. Also do you need to book and how much is it thank you so much

I always use Supershuttle and never had any issues. I guess some people may not have researched the traffic system at LAX. Its a one way system so depending on which terminal your flight lands at you may get stuck in the LAX traffic.

I usually count the journey time from when we leave LAX property and it usually takes about an hour, again depending on LA traffic.
Thank you so much they seem to be very reasonable and I was worried with all the negative reviews. So happy to hear that you have had a good experience with them

Will you need boosters or car seats? Many posters here use Uber/Lyft. They don't provide boosters or car seats. If boosters are needed, travel boosters like Mifold or Bubblebum (look on Amazon.com for the lowest prices) receive good reviews here. Lansky's car service gets very good reviews here. They will provide car seats and include one short grocery store stop on the way to your hotel (very convenient to pick up water, snacks, soda, etc.).
No we won’t need boosters there’s five of us but our youngest is 11. Do you think Uber or lift can accommodate five people we won’t have a lot of luggage? I like the idea of the grocery store stop on the way

When I did that research last summer I found bad reviews just about everything that’s pvovides transportation...( shuttles, rentals just about everything...)
I think the problem really is traffic (to La and then LAX itself) it is not easy to predict so it is important to provide enough extra time in case something goes wrong!

That said I was scared away from those supershuttles and used the Disney resort express and just hoped it works out because some reviews were also bad...
And it worked out great! Yes, it took us some time from the terminal to Disneyland but not having to drive a rental there after like 15h traveling sound the world was great just sitting and napping or looking through the window...

We used rental cars prior to the last trip and the last time we did it was awful... we waited probably about an hour at the gate Bus stop at LAX for the shuttle to the rental center and then about another hour to rent the car as there was along line ( maybe even longer) and then we still had to drive to Disneyland...

Another thing to remember is that there are tons of people using all those shuttles each and every day and usallly it works out but those often don’t post reviews...

Thanks for your reply it is difficult wading through all the reviews. It was just surprised to find them all negative. Does the Disney express shuttle just go to their hotels or will it go to the neighbourhood hotels as well .

Thanks for your reply it is difficult wading through all the reviews. It was just surprised to find them all negative. Does the Disney express shuttle just go to their hotels or will it go to the neighbourhood hotels as well .
It goes to all the hotels in the area, not just the specific Disney hotels. One thing to note, though, is the drop off point may not be at your specific hotel. Also, their schedule hasn't necessarily been updated with some of the newer hotels, so if you don't see your hotel you can call them and they'll let you know where the closest dropoff/pickup point for your hotel would be.

Here is their schedule:
https://dre.coachusa.com/Schedule/PrintableSchedule

We are a family of 5. Used Lansky at a cost of $120 on first trip from LAX to DL good neighbor hotel. Just got back from second trip. To save money we used Uber. Bc we have 3 teen boys needed UberXL which guarantees enough room for them to be comfortable for the lengthy ride and for our bags to fit (usually it’s a minivan in our experience). It cost $82 (before tip) both ways last week. This was on a Wednesday and Sunday afternoon, non rush hour. Service with Lansky was excellent/more convenient, but the savings was worth doing Uber for us.

Do not use Super shuttle, in 2017 the driver shut the door as I was exiting the vehicle I hurt my ear and my toe. He never apologized also his driving scared us. I did followup with the complaint to the company they did refund us, I just would never use them again. We use Lyft and it work's great about $50.00 each way.
We have also used Lansky it was great, but need to cut expenses since the prices of Disney keeps going up.

I like and use Karmel shuttle or a rental car. I’ve used Super and the Express bus.

Hi can you use the Disneyland resort express if you’re staying at neighbourhood hotel. Also do you need to book and how much is it thank you so much

It’s about the resort *area*, not just the Disneyland resorts. So it goes many places. Check out the link another poster gave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter