Laura and Adam's PJ:May 16th, 2009 UPDATE 3/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from the show tonight. Yes, we both are having fun doing it.

I've been looking online to see if I can find something similar to the two dresses, and I haven't really found one.

I did find this red one that looks like a Gabriella-esque dress. This might be the closest one I've found so far. What do you think?

http://www.edressme.com/4670r.html#

I just got an idea as far as the reception decour goes that I consider to be pretty brilliant.

It fits exactly with my theme.

Here it is:

Hold the reception somewhere outside (or if we can't find an outside location that we like, inside would work fine too). Anyway. Remember at the end of HSM2 when Troy and Gabriella are singing Everyday? Well I got the idea to decorate the tables and reception like they did at Lava Springs Country Club in the movie for the Midsummer's Night Talent Show. What do you think/

I searched for a picture of that scene online so I could post it here, but this is the best one that I found. What do you think?

normal_Still139.jpg

Not sure if this will help you out or not, but I found this article and it talks about where the designer for HSM2 shopped for the cast. I tried to do a quick search of the websites for the companies he listed, but didn't come up with anything.

The red dress is really cute, but I'll bet that you could recreate the white one. It may not be the exact replica of the dress from the movie, but you could do a white dress with a blue sash. Then it was inspired by the dress in the movie! I looked at David's Bridal and saw some cute dresses that might work, but not sure if that's what you had in mind or not...check some of the different bridal gown websites and look at the destination dresses or even bridesmaid dresses. You might be able to find something similar that way!

I think I may have found the dress... if not the same dress awfully close.

AAAAAofgCmkAAAAAAEBGGw.jpg

It's from Arden B; the trouble is that it's no longer listed on their website. You may want to call them or search on eBay to see if anyone is selling it.

I LOVE the idea of mimicking the MidSummer Night's tables. I love the contrast between the blue table cloths and the lit hurricane lamp-type centerpieces.

It's from Arden B; the trouble is that it's no longer listed on their website. You may want to call them or search on eBay to see if anyone is selling it.

I LOVE the idea of mimicking the MidSummer Night's tables. I love the contrast between the blue table cloths and the lit hurricane lamp-type centerpieces.
Man...I tried and tried to find this for her this morning! Excellent job!! :dance3:

morgan thats AWESOME...its almost identical!!!!

laura..i think the decor would look awesome

Oh my gosh. Thank you so much. Where did you find that picture?? Do you remember the style number or something so that it would help be able to better find it on eBay?

First, love the pics from the show - how awesome! It looks like a lot of fun to be in and to go watch.

Second, I love the white dress with the blue sash. The red one is beautiful too, but I think if you are going to go with the MidSummer's Night table theming (which I think it gorgeous!!!), then I would go with the white dress. The one that curiouser found looks pretty spot on!

Well, I finally did it. I finally injured myself while on tour. Today was a 3 show day, and I injured myself towards the end of the first show. I landed my triple axel wrong, and I just went down. My ankle went one way, and my body went the other way. I had a doctor check it (Adam went with me) between the first show and the second show. The prognosis was that it was only just a sprained ankle, but that she wanted me to stay off of it completely for at least a week.
So I have crutches right now for the next week or so.

The good thing about it is that it's not bad enough to where I have to leave the tour until it gets better. THANK GOD!!! That would really suck if I had to leave Adam. But not doing the other 2 shows today is giving me some time to think about the wedding and what we want. Through our engagement so far and the busyness of the tour, I have come to realize already that every little free moment counts. So I plan to use this next week or so to really think about the wedding as much as possible.

I have talked to Adam a lot about the idea that I had of setting up our reception to look like the Midsummer's Night Dream Talent Show. He seems to love the idea as much as I do, IF NOT MORE!! I knew there was a reason why I'm marrying him. :)

It's kind of sad that Arden B doesn't have the dress that Gabriella wears in "Everyday" on their website anymore. I am going to call their offices as soon as possible t ask them about it and see if we can work something out. I would really love to wear that dress for some of the reception because it obviously matches our theme perfectly, and I think it's a very beautiful dress. If I can find that dress, hopefully I can convince Adam to wear the white and light blue that Troy wears. How cute would that be?

1910532011_df2b9dcb5c.jpg

oh laura, i'm sorry you're injured. i was a ballet dancer for 15 years and remember injuries well...i was ALWAYS hurt in some way or another! you're right though, it'll give you some spare time to get your wedding planning done!

The thing that makes me sad about me getting injured when I did is that tonight was the night that Cori and her daughter came to the show. I had told them that I'd be skating in it. I didn't plan on this happening. Oh well. At least she got to see my Fiance skate as Ryan. :woohoo:

And at least I only have to stay off the ice for like a week. That's always good.

:yay:

I'm so sorry you got hurt!!! That just sucks...

I had the chance to look through your PJ and I love the Midsummer Night theme for decor from HSM2 - very cool

Check ebay for that dress too. You might not want to wear a used dress though, but alot of times people lists stuff like that, you never know

Sorry you got hurt! Enjoy the time off while you have it. I love the idea about getting your fiance to wear white and light blue. Very cute!

Sorry you got hurt! Enjoy the time off while you have it. I love the idea about getting your fiance to wear white and light blue. Very cute!

It won't be much time off (about a week or so), but trust me.. I will.

Yeah. I would like for us to be dressed like Troy and Gabriella in the picture a few posts above if I end up going with the reception decoration i thought of.

I just finally read your PJ... you guys are adorable... :lovestruc
Ouch!!! Sorry about your injury... just take it easy here's some pixie dust pixiedust: so you'll recover fast.

love the white with blue sash dress... I wonder where she got her summer dresses from. They are adorable. :)

Loving the idea of the white and light blue for Adam!!! :love:

Take care of that injury and good luck with the planning. Keep us updated!!!

Oh no, bummer! I am so sorry you got injured, but how fortunate that it's only a sprain! Does that mean Cori didn't get to see you skate? I really, really, really hope Arden B can work something out for you with that dress. Have you thought about seeing you can find the fabric and getting it made by a seamstress?

I hope you heal up fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter