• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Latest tips on ADRs

Ursula J

Mouseketeer
What are the latest tips/techniques/tech suggestions to get my ADRs fast?
I've done this before but it's been about 2 years. My window opens Wednesday, 10/4.
I know at one point we'd use multiple windows open under private browser, but at another point the app was the best way to go. So what's actually working for the misery of Disney IT these days? Thanks, friends!

Our 60 days hit this morning. I booked my first ADR on the app fine but when I tried to do the rest, it didn’t give me the rest of my stay - just the first night. After multiple tries I switched to my computer and that worked much better for the rest of my ADRs. So I would highly suggest computer, not app. The app won’t even let me modify my ADRs on the app and says there’s nothing available.

Opening windows didn’t work for me. Once 6:00 came, the windows all reset and I had to enter everything again anyway. I got everything I wanted anyway so don’t stress too much.

Maybe we've just been lucky, but for our trips this year it has seemed a lot easier to book dining at the times we wanted than in the past, no tricks needed. I just booked our ADRs this morning and got everything, even the second day of the trip (which always has me nervous) within 10 minutes of our desired time.

There was a bit of a glitch on the website right around 6:02 where it suddenly wasn't allowing me to select days within my window, but I just switched to the app at that point and got everything booked.

Has anybody successfully booked Victoria & Albert’s lately? On our last trip, nothing seemed available on the app even 7 days out. Do you have to call?

(Editing for clarity— that’s 60+7, not the week before!)

What are the latest tips/techniques/tech suggestions to get my ADRs fast?
I've done this before but it's been about 2 years. My window opens Wednesday, 10/4.
I know at one point we'd use multiple windows open under private browser, but at another point the app was the best way to go. So what's actually working for the misery of Disney IT these days? Thanks, friends!
I'm booking tomorrow, too! I'm going to skip the app and use the computer, I've had the best luck with that in the past. The app always glitches for me. Hope you get all your ressies!

Report: Got everything EXCEPT Fantasmic dining, which isn't showing up at all for any restaurant. I can't figure those out--is there a pattern for when they release new dates? Made a Sci-Fi early dinner res as a backup but I'd love to do the Fantastic package instead, even if it meant losing Sci-Fi.
Computer worked better. I did have a private browser open and ready to go, but didn't need it because my regular browser worked fine!
Good luck @Mtraynom -- let me know how you did and see you at WDW! I'm ordering my teal mickey to wear on my bag so other Disers can say hi.

Has anybody successfully booked Victoria & Albert’s lately? On our last trip, nothing seemed available on the app even 7 days out. Do you have to call?

I'm curious about this too. I am wanting to book this for a trip December 8. I remember looking earlier in the year and it was fairly easy to get a reservation most days if you weren't picky about exact time 40-60 days out. Now I don't see any availability any day any time, even at 60+.

Hoping it's just a delayed release of inventory.

Another missing reservation question... Has anyone see any Celebration at the Top reservations lately? My wife and I did it this August, and I do remember we actually got the reservation the night before we were planning on getting them. As in, they were available prior to 6am at 60 days out (we weren't staying on property that trip), and there was availability that date for well over a week. I understand August is a slower time than December, however now I don't seen any availability on any days, and I was wondering if they are even still offering it, or if it also gets released on it's own schedule.

Tried all morning to get Fantasmic and Epcot fireworks packages and they do not show up for the dates we are there yet (Dec 3-8) Dec 3 shows but nothing available.
Trying again tomorrow morning early...

Report: Got everything EXCEPT Fantasmic dining, which isn't showing up at all for any restaurant. I can't figure those out--is there a pattern for when they release new dates? Made a Sci-Fi early dinner res as a backup but I'd love to do the Fantastic package instead, even if it meant losing Sci-Fi.
Computer worked better. I did have a private browser open and ready to go, but didn't need it because my regular browser worked fine!
Good luck @Mtraynom -- let me know how you did and see you at WDW! I'm ordering my teal mickey to wear on my bag so other Disers can say hi.

Glad you were able to get everything! I got all the ones I wanted except Yak and Yeti, but I think I'm going to get a Landry's card, so that will fix that. Where are you ordering the teal mickey from? I was going to make one, but I'd rather order one!

Seems to be some issue with the Fantasmic package bookings out into December (or perhaps even in November, but looking in Dec). Cast member said to check back
Spoke with a CM today Said everything on fantasmic and epcot fireworks are booked completely through Dec 8th (our last date there) Going to be a busy month it seems...

Spoke with a CM today Said everything on fantasmic and epcot fireworks are booked completely through Dec 8th (our last date there) Going to be a busy month it seems...
That seems so crazy. Maybe they'll release more, because it just doesn't make sense. As of this morning, I can still book any hard-to-get res for 12/8, like Sci-Fi, Cinderella, Space 220, Seems weird that every single fireworks and fantasmic deal would be booked. But hey, what do I know? :)

That might be true, but that sounds incredibly unlikely at this point in time. I'm going with the expectation that person gave you bad information. When I spoke with cast member 2 days ago, she said it appeared to be a problem with their systems, and to keep an eye open for them to be loaded in the near future.

The calendar for the fireworks packages only shows through December 4th, I'm thinking that's bad information?

Unfortunately the only day I'm going to be able to see the new show at EPCOT is the day it premieres, I'm expecting a madhouse and am hoping to get a spot at Rose and Crown.

I'm at 60 days and could book a number of ADRs for length of stay but couldn't even SEE (i.e. calendar grayed out) for both Hoop and the Rose and Crown Fireworks dinner beyond the 4th (as if I wasn't staying on property, which I am through the 14th) so the system is acting oddly. I called in and they could make the Hoop ressie but said both R&C and SRT were booked for the 7th (when I wanted it) fireworks show. Hmm.

Sometimes the computer works fine for 60+ 10 and other times it says nothing is available. After waiting on hold for a while, the cast member said those dates hadn't been released yet. I wish that was a response online also so I didn't have to keep trying or to give up and choose something else.

At 60+8 or so, V&A had online availability for week after Thanksgiving. I decided a few days later and had to call their direct number. It opens at 10. Leave a message and they call you back. Wait list only by then. I'm hoping for a cancelation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter