Latest Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors

Sotoalf so agree with you where are all of those people going to wait for dinner? People having been complaining about the antics and volume WCC .does this mean the beautiful lobby will become the waiting area? and chaotic? I like the idea of this character dinner just hope it has been well thought out

I bet that WL lobby will be a bit of a nightmare with this. If people camp out at their expensive meal, and the line to enter backs up, where do the folks waiting go? I know I get claustrophobic waiting to get into 'Ohana because there really is not too many places to escape while you wait. This endeavor best be well managed and booked appropriately because if not, WL will have more concerns than a loud rambunctious WCC outside the lobby.

I hope for this one to be successful though, although I bet there would be a different revenue stream if the management had a breakfast and/or lunch character meal. If people got more into the habit of visiting WL for a meal, AP might have had a chance to survive. WCC is no longer a driving force to get people in it seems.

Sotoalf so agree with you where are all of those people going to wait for dinner? People having been complaining about the antics and volume WCC .does this mean the beautiful lobby will become the waiting area? and chaotic? I like the idea of this character dinner just hope it has been well thought out

I bet that WL lobby will be a bit of a nightmare with this. If people camp out at their expensive meal, and the line to enter backs up, where do the folks waiting go? I know I get claustrophobic waiting to get into 'Ohana because there really is not too many places to escape while you wait. This endeavor best be well managed and booked appropriately because if not, WL will have more concerns than a loud rambunctious WCC outside the lobby.

I hope for this one to be successful though, although I bet there would be a different revenue stream if the management had a breakfast and/or lunch character meal. If people got more into the habit of visiting WL for a meal, AP might have had a chance to survive. WCC is no longer a driving force to get people in it seems.
Keep in mind the space AP occupies, where the new meal will be, was once a character meal. They are equipped to deal with this.

Any guesses as to WHEN this new offering will start. I know Disney says winter but that could be Dec - March!

Since they stated the vague opening of "winter" I would expect it to be later like next year rather than anytime this year. I can't stand the constant noise from WCC in the WL lobby and wish they would enclose that restaurant space to cut down on all the unnecessary & unwelcome racket in the hotel lobby . Last time I stayed in the BR Villas I stayed in the lounge over there while waiting for my DME ride to the airport because it was way more peaceful & relaxing.

Since they stated the vague opening of "winter" I would expect it to be later like next year rather than anytime this year. I can't stand the constant noise from WCC in the WL lobby and wish they would enclose that restaurant space to cut down on all the unnecessary & unwelcome racket in the hotel lobby . Last time I stayed in the BR Villas I stayed in the lounge over there while waiting for my DME ride to the airport because it was way more peaceful & relaxing.
Agreed. The one and only time we stayed at WL, we really disliked spending time in what could be a beautiful and extraordinary lobby because of the noise and commotion coming from WCC.

Agreed. The one and only time we stayed at WL, we really disliked spending time in what could be a beautiful and extraordinary lobby because of the noise and commotion coming from WCC.

I would agree. WIth the exception of the Poly, I spend time in every lobby of the resorts we stay at. I find the Poly lobby to be very "busy" and I cannot really relax. I have visited the WL and that lobby begs to have people sit in the comphy chairs and enjoy a moment, but it is so darn loud!

Yep. Pocahontas and friends.....I have a picture of my very shy 4 year old son (at the time) with a flirty Pocahontas. I'm guessing this was 1996?

And we did one that was Minnie, Goofy and friends. We were the last family and they all joined us and spent a long time with us. The space works.

Now that I read back on the reply the CM gave me about AP, he technically didn’t lie. AP will remain a signature. Lol. It’ll just be a character signature. I’m Still bummed out about dinner being a price fixe/character too like CRT. I was secretly hoping they’d do breakfast and lunch as character only and leave dinner alone. Oh well.

Now that I read back on the reply the CM gave me about AP, he technically didn’t lie. AP will remain a signature. Lol. It’ll just be a character signature. I’m Still bummed out about dinner being a price fixe/character too like CRT. I was secretly hoping they’d do breakfast and lunch as character only and leave dinner alone. Oh well.
Total disagreement - there are no true Signatures, that are also "Character Dining", anywhere at WDW.
AP is now a "Character Restaurant". There will be characters. The FOOD will be at the level of other "character restaurants". If it is declared "SIG"? Fine.... WE are not touching it. To us? This will WDW's forth "fake SIG". Not touching it....

Now, each category may be of value to any particular person.... but please, NEVER expect great real SIGNATURE food, with characters. You must chose one, or the other, based on your desires.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Total disagreement - there are no true Signatures, that are also "Character Dining", anywhere at WDW.
AP is now a "Character Restaurant". There will be characters. The FOOD will be at the level of other "character restaurants". If it is declared "SIG"? Fine.... WE are not touching it. To us? This will WDW's forth "fake SIG". Not touching it....

Now, each category may be of value to any particular person.... but please, NEVER expect great real SIGNATURE food, with characters. You must chose one, or the other, based on your desires.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

They are true signatures by WDW's definition (aka 2 DDP credits). However, they're not fine dining. Disney really needs to separate the two categories, but they don't.

Last edited:

I think it is possible, however I do not think it will happen. If AP wanted to offer a photo opportunity with several members of the Snow White Crew, either before or after the meal in the manner CRT used to do before it caved to Princess dining, and then have a fixed cost meal, but make that cost in line with a true fine dining experience, this could happen. I doubt that is will, but it is an opportunity to raise the census for AP, keep the quality high, and offer an experience that is unique to WL.

I had hoped this restaurant would not follow the paths of other restaurnats, roaming characters that distract from the meal, and cover for a lessor quality meal. IMO, it is teh easy way out, and while it will probably be the savior of the restaurant itself, I am not sure the Lodge itself will profit in the long run.

Well, I'm ambivalent about these changes. Artist Point is my favorite signature, for the food quality, service, and atmosphere. On the other hand, I like most character meals, so the new version could also be good. For a while when it looked like they might have all seven dwarfs greeting together on the way in or out, that actually seemed like a good opportunity. But I'm not nearly as interested now that it's been announced as just Snow White, two dwarfs, and an optional meet with the queen. I still plan to try it once and see for myself, but it's disappointing if the new menu means fewer food options and lesser quality.

Is CRT a signature, 2 credit on DDP, restaurant? If so, it sounds like Disney may be hoping AP becomes as popular. However, Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs vs. all Princesses? Also, LOCATION-in the park, in the castle?

Is CRT a signature, 2 credit on DDP, restaurant? If so, it sounds like Disney may be hoping AP becomes as popular. However, Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs vs. all Princesses? Also, LOCATION-in the park, in the castle?
Yes, CRT is considered a signature by Disney and charged 2 TS credits on the DDP.

I totally agree with you! Its definitely a fake signature. And no, I never truly expect real signature food with characters. :lmao: Not even close. That's why i added "lol" to my original statement. I know Disney considers CRT a signature meal because its 2 credits and its in the castle, but come on. The food isnt even close to signature standards. But hey, whatever. It brings in money right? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter