Latest Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors

What drives me crazy about GP is no TIW. Why would I want to go there when I can go to AP. TL or WCC and get 20% off? We stayed seven nights at WL past December and didn't step foot in GP.
I agree. We are going this December and now will not be able to go to AP. Not really sure what will be going on with TL since their food comes from AP and it will be closed when we are there.

Yup - Dead SIG walking :(.

AP is now CHARACTER DINING, Not SIGNATURE DINING. So WL no longer has any Signature Restaurants... :(.
We are saddened.... fortunately? Both the GF (3 REAL SIGS), and Contemporary (1 REAL SIG), are a short Cab, Bus+Monorail, or Boat ride away.

DVC, homed at BRV.... Whispering Canyon is STILL great for that morning Breakfast :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Service. Took close to 30 minutes before our server even attempted a drink order. We walked out. I told the server that's not what I'd expect from a restaurant I fully intend to spend $200+ on. It was on our honeymoon too. We were extremely disappointed.

Those who frequent WDW more often than my biyearly visits can answer this question. We all acknowledge that AP was among the least popular of Signature Dining destinations, thanks to some degree to its location. What about Jiko? I consider Animal Kingdom Lodge even more remote. Does Jiko have any trouble filling up? Should we worry?

Those who frequent WDW more often than my biyearly visits can answer this question. We all acknowledge that AP was among the least popular of Signature Dining destinations, thanks to some degree to its location. What about Jiko? I consider Animal Kingdom Lodge even more remote. Does Jiko have any trouble filling up? Should we worry?

Folks rave about the food at Jiko and always suggest it when folks are asking. You never really hear anything about AP, to the point I forget it is there. It could be a hidden gem, but that doesn't fill seats if folks don't talk about it.

I never ate at Jiko ......... because I didn't like it was open enough to the walkway that we have all the food court and bathers walking by and looking in. I know, weird. Honestly I don't find it any more remote than WL. I can take a bus there just as easy as a boat or bus to WL.

Folks rave about the food at Jiko and always suggest it when folks are asking. You never really hear anything about AP, to the point I forget it is there. It could be a hidden gem, but that doesn't fill seats if folks don't talk about it.

I never ate at Jiko ......... because I didn't like it was open enough to the walkway that we have all the food court and bathers walking by and looking in. I know, weird. Honestly I don't find it any more remote than WL. I can take a bus there just as easy as a boat or bus to WL.

FWIW, we've always thought AP was better than Jiko. I agree that Jiko gets a lot of love on this board, but I don't understand it. IMO, it's the most overrated fine dining restaurant on property.

Every time I have been to Jiko it has been steady. I can't be late to appointments ,so even with dining reservations I arrive early. An easy way for me to gage how a restaurant is, is if I get seated early. Jiko gets you in right on time.

Sotoalf so agree with you where are all of those people going to wait for dinner? People having been complaining about the antics and volume WCC .does this mean the beautiful lobby will become the waiting area? and chaotic? I like the idea of this character dinner just hope it has been well thought out

Sotoalf so agree with you where are all of those people going to wait for dinner? People having been complaining about the antics and volume WCC .does this mean the beautiful lobby will become the waiting area? and chaotic? I like the idea of this character dinner just hope it has been well thought out
My guess is it will look a lot like the Poly during dinner at ohanas.

Its not that I necessarily hate Character dinners, but the very first time we dined at AP it was awesome...the food was great and we even had the chef come out so we could compliment him....after that we had some awesome experiences there and it was one of our go to's. I do have to admit that the last couple of times there it was not up to par and the menu had become stale...I bet that is why they had to change because the bookings were way down....what irks me is that the bookings were likely down because is was a signature restaurant that had become not a signature restaurant....now its going to be prix fix just like BOG....i want Disney to keep their fine dining restaurants just that....and invest time and money in chefs and menus....I think we can have many options there....but I see a trend to factory assembly line food and away from what I, at least, loved about Disney....the great fine dining options!.....anyway....rant over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter