Latest Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors

Is CRT a signature, 2 credit on DDP, restaurant? If so, it sounds like Disney may be hoping AP becomes as popular. However, Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs vs. all Princesses? Also, LOCATION-in the park, in the castle?
Yup. I think the location is a bit of a problem. Sure its only a boat ride away, but its not as convenient as being on the monorail or within the park for example.

And I do think Snow/Dwarfs is a bigger deal than princess meals. Simply because its quite unique as there are no other 7D meals around. Even though it'll be only 2 of the 7 dwarfs, its still a big deal. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. :)

If the Snow White additions don't beef up the attendance, they can always try something else. Of course it's always a possibility that WL is just the sort of resort where this "fine dining" stuff just doesn't work.

I think we need to develop a better description than "Signature". To some that word means fine dining. To others it means a regular meal with something added. To Disney it only means that they charge 2 ts for the dining plan.

I think we need to develop a better description than "Signature". To some that word means fine dining. To others it means a regular meal with something added. To Disney it only means that they charge 2 ts for the dining plan.

1) Ya Think ???
2) Signature Dining used to truly mean something at Disney.
3) Now, it just means MO-MONEY.
4) The idea of Snow White and Dwarfs at AP will draw people, and that is all that OGRE (I mean Iger) wants.
5) We will get the standard and ordinary character-meal-staples, with a few dressed folks parading between the tables.
6) I think it is time to stop reviewing eateries at WDW, as they are all turning into the same thing.
7) They want Disney Springs to sell the Big Ticket food (Like Universal City Walk created), and relegate/delegate mediocre food to the parks and resorts.
8) I told folks the GM at The Lodge did not like AP or Whispering or Territory, and was going to change them, but few believed it.
9) And, give me a break . . . a bar called Monsters?

NOTE:
. . . Since Ogre took over, It-Ain't-The-Same-Disney we grew up to know and love.
. . . And, do not throw excuses or platitudes around like Star Wars Land, as I am certain such would have occurred under any other CEO.
. . . There may be newer rides, but not that much more added ride capacity.
. . . So parks are just becoming overcrowded, while he rakes in the cash.
. . . It may sound ludicrous, but compared to Ogre, Eisner was a prince.
. . . At least he had respect for "The Brand" and "The Tradition", whereas Ogre just wants bigger annual bonuses and outrageous stock options.
. . . Walt and Roy were visionaries; Ogre is just a nightmare.

1) Ya Think ???
4) The idea of Snow White and Dwarfs at AP will draw people, and that is all that OGRE (I mean Iger) wants.
5) We will get the standard and ordinary character-meal-staples, with a few dressed folks parading between the tables.
6) I think it is time to stop reviewing eateries at WDW, as they are all turning into the same thing.
7) They want Disney Springs to sell the Big Ticket food (Like Universal City Walk created), and relegate/delegate mediocre food to the parks and resorts.
8) I told folks the GM at The Lodge did not like AP or Whispering or Territory, and was going to change them, but few believed it.

NOTE:
. . . Since Ogre took over, It-Ain't-The-Same-Disney we grew up to know and love.
. . . And, do not throw excuses or platitudes around like Star Wars Land, as I am certain such would have occurred under any other CEO.
. . . At least he had respect for "The Brand" and "The Tradition", whereas Ogre just wants bigger annual bonuses and outrageous stock options.
Totally agree. And yes, its all about money and bringing in people. Its laughable that they call AP a signature simply because they will still charge 2 TS credits. What a rip. We definitely need a better term than "signature" as @OKW Lover had said.

Totally agree. And yes, its all about money and bringing in people. Its laughable that they call AP a signature simply because they will still charge 2 TS credits. What a rip. We definitely need a better term than "signature" as @OKW Lover had said.

I agree. There should be a distinction between "expensive because there are characters" and "expensive because the food and service are elevated"

I’m thinking of getting an ADR for 11/10 which i believe is their last night. Do you think service or food quality will be lacking due to it closing?

I’m thinking of getting an ADR for 11/10 which i believe is their last night. Do you think service or food quality will be lacking due to it closing?

I think just the opposite will hold true. The CM's will most likely be at their best, and the food will be excellent. If I was able to join you on this night I surely would. I think it will be well worth the time, effort and money.

There is a pendulum to all business decisions.....

Add first class hotels to an amusement park, and they will fill up.....why not add economy hotels and see what happens?

Charge premiums for peak everything...room locations, parade locations, fireworks locations and see who will pay....add more "cheap" attractions as well as "upscale" attractions

Add upscale restaurants....the crowds at lesser joints are filled as it is...so maximize the $$$ and change to accommodate the masses...more economy driven locations fill a need

IF attendance seems to suffer (and we KNOW it is going to swell with Star Wars) they will swing back to attract more upscale diners.

And, will there ever be an end to the DVC expansions? I just don't get that....financially, that is.

Iger is a business man and things are going along just swell......he doesn't care about brand or Disney-theming in cheaper hotels, or fine dining....he is there to (get ready for the shock here) make money for the business. Imagine Apple wanting to preserve its history for the sake of increased revenue.

I KNOW Disney is like a religion to many of us, but things change........

This I noticed last week when we where there. stayed at the POLY and the menu for Kona was completely new... gone are the expensive items replaced with pan fried noodles and now a pork loin... all at a very reasonable price point BUT not for what it truly is.... Same with the wave...
Also noticed a decline in quality as well as selection what is being served at the one buffet (Germany that we enjoyed for years past) we went to but at a much higher price...BTW was 35.00 plus tax for lunch.... I remember when it was 11.95 but no drink and it was at most 10 years ago.
Almost Lastly whispering canyon was the same for lunch with same antics with a very slight price increase over last year I believe 1 dollar on all main courses.... a great bargain considering pan fried noodles are about the same at the POLY..
DS I enjoy eating there but the older places are reopening with new names and very large price increases for the same dishes at the old places to keep in line with the new pricier places.
On side note had the breakfast burrito one morning from Captain cooks (different from last year) who the ???? puts a huge boiled maybe baked after hunk of potato in a burrito???and the bacon ha was a few and I do mean few little pieces.... a new concept a few eggs a huge piece of potato and maybe 1/4 piece of bacon in a wrap for 7.49... the mini croissant sandwich had bacon OUTSIDE of the MIN croissant as well as most of the eggs.... also 7.49.... really gone to that point to make an extra 10 cents on a already outrageously overpriced breakfast sandwich....

As they will have stopped stocking food items in anticipation of the closing, there may be some shortages to deal with. If you go, let us know how your experience was.

1) Ya Think ???

NOTE:
I have to like this.....

As of 9-5-2018? I searched "Signature Restaurants" on the WDW Website. A good 14 of them were "Fake SIGS".

My dear wife and I really LIKE higher end restaurants. Aside from CA GRILL, Narcoossee's, V&A? Pretty much planning on going off-site. No, the GREAT buildings with sad food at DS don't count.....

Just us....

1) Shula's - a lot.
2) Ili mulino - regular basis.
3) SERIOUSLY considering Cappa - Four Seasons.
4) Bull & Bear.

We personally chose to PAY a fine Restaurant for a fine meal. WDW seems to have a dearth of these. We will go elsewhere....

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I have to like this.....

As of 9-5-2018? I searched "Signature Restaurants" on the WDW Website. A good 14 of them were "Fake SIGS".

My dear wife and I really LIKE higher end restaurants. Aside from CA GRILL, Narcoossee's, V&A? Pretty much planning on going off-site. No, the GREAT buildings with sad food at DS don't count.....

Just us....

1) Shula's - a lot.
2) Ili mulino - regular basis.
3) SERIOUSLY considering Cappa - Four Seasons.
4) Bull & Bear.

We personally chose to PAY a fine Restaurant for a fine meal. WDW seems to have a dearth of these. We will go elsewhere....

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

We only visit five TS eateries at WDW when we go there for an actual meal.

………….…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

1) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent, top notch service
. . . innovative dishes with flair and quality
. . . overall great value
. . . relaxed and soothing dining atmosphere
. . . behaved and somewhat quiet patrons
2) The only sit-down restaurants we routinely visit,
. . . Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Villas Resort (one of my personal favs)
. . . Turf Club - Saratoga Springs
. . . Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
. . . Shula's Steakhouse - Dolphin Resort (no DDP)
. . . Il Mulino - Swan Resort (no DDP)
3) Our (nearby) off-site Recommendations:
. . . Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek - Fine Dining
. . . Café D'Antonio - Celebration - Casual Italian
. . . Columbia - Celebration - Casual Spanish/Cuban
. . . Fish Bones - Hwy192 - Seafood
. . . Venetian Room - Caribe Royale Hotel - Fine Dining
. . . The Hotel Tea Room - Davenport, FL - Casual - Friday Steak-Fry, Afternoon Tea
NOTE1: The only time we visit other TS eateries is to renew our ratings for the eatery(ies). And, when we do these, we have "sampler" dishes (whether free or paid) so we can try several appys/entrées without pigging-out or having major weight gains.
NOTE2: Now, for a real treat, go to The Hotel Tea Room in Davenport, Florida on a Friday evening. It is run by a real, true "Little Old Lady" (Miss Mae), who refuses to charge big bucks! They have a Rib-Eye or New York Strip steak dinner that tops Ruth's Chris' or Shula's. The steak covers the entire plate. These are the only things on the menu for Friday nights. They get primal cuts and do their own prepping of the steak. It is an OLD hotel with a small dining room. Has an award winning Pastry Chef from TV and he has Best-In-Show awards for pies, pastries, and cakes !!! Our total bill for the wife and I (salad, 1½"-thick-after-cooking, dessert, and taxes) was only $60.00. (You can split the steak and pay less than $35 total for two people . . . pay for ONE dinner, and add $6.00 for the extra potato and salad.) They have a nice Afternoon Tea. Breakfast is literally all you can eat for $7.00, tax included. Yep, seven bucks ... no typo! Order your eggs, bacon, pancakes (etc). After you eat, they ask if you want more of any of the items. NO EXTRA CHARGE. The place is about 40-min from WDW, but really worth the drive. Check them out on Facebook or Internet (http://www.hoteltearoom.com/). Ressies required for Friday night steak fry (863-421-0827) and most Afternoon Teas. They do not serve alcohol, but you can BYOB for wine or spirits.

We only visit five TS eateries at WDW when we go there for an actual meal.

………….…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

1) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent, top notch service
. . . innovative dishes with flair and quality
. . . overall great value
. . . relaxed and soothing dining atmosphere
. . . behaved and somewhat quiet patrons
2) The only sit-down restaurants we routinely visit,
. . . Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Villas Resort (one of my personal favs)
. . . Turf Club - Saratoga Springs
. . . Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
. . . Shula's Steakhouse - Dolphin Resort (no DDP)
. . . Il Mulino - Swan Resort (no DDP)
3) Our (nearby) off-site Recommendations:
. . . Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek - Fine Dining
. . . Café D'Antonio - Celebration - Casual Italian
. . . Columbia - Celebration - Casual Spanish/Cuban
. . . Fish Bones - Hwy192 - Seafood
. . . Venetian Room - Caribe Royale Hotel - Fine Dining
. . . The Hotel Tea Room - Davenport, FL - Casual - Friday Steak-Fry, Afternoon Tea
NOTE1: The only time we visit other TS eateries is to renew our ratings for the eatery(ies). And, when we do these, we have "sampler" dishes (whether free or paid) so we can try several appys/entrées without pigging-out or having major weight gains.
NOTE2: Now, for a real treat, go to The Hotel Tea Room in Davenport, Florida on a Friday evening. It is run by a real, true "Little Old Lady" (Miss Mae), who refuses to charge big bucks! They have a Rib-Eye or New York Strip steak dinner that tops Ruth's Chris' or Shula's. The steak covers the entire plate. These are the only things on the menu for Friday nights. They get primal cuts and do their own prepping of the steak. It is an OLD hotel with a small dining room. Has an award winning Pastry Chef from TV and he has Best-In-Show awards for pies, pastries, and cakes !!! Our total bill for the wife and I (salad, 1½"-thick-after-cooking, dessert, and taxes) was only $60.00. (You can split the steak and pay less than $35 total for two people . . . pay for ONE dinner, and add $6.00 for the extra potato and salad.) They have a nice Afternoon Tea. Breakfast is literally all you can eat for $7.00, tax included. Yep, seven bucks ... no typo! Order your eggs, bacon, pancakes (etc). After you eat, they ask if you want more of any of the items. NO EXTRA CHARGE. The place is about 40-min from WDW, but really worth the drive. Check them out on Facebook or Internet (http://www.hoteltearoom.com/). Ressies required for Friday night steak fry (863-421-0827) and most Afternoon Teas. They do not serve alcohol, but you can BYOB for wine or spirits.
At no time will I ignore the EXCELLENT advice of "the Rusty Scupper"....

Just me - ignore this mans advice, at your peril.... Or if you happen to be stuck with DDP :).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter